Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I agree that she's at a bad state right now. Her kit has a lot of utility but very little burst, and from an AD carry you expect burst and sustained DPS, not utility.
    Her shield is kinda counter-productive in the same sense that Revive is, because if you find yourself about to be hit by an enemy skillshot and be forced to shield it, it means you could have played better and dodged that skillshot instead.
    Her ult is mainly for engaging or disengaging and you need to have AS-reliant jungle and toplaner before it even compares to Graves', Ezreal's and MF's ult in terms of damage output.
    Her Q is just a worse version of Ezreal's Q unless you're playing against mouthbreathers who get hit twice by it.
    Her W is probably the worst spell in her kit, all it does is push your lane and make you more vulnerable to enemy ganks.
    Her passive is ok i guess, but provides no benefit for trading in lane. Every other AD's passive except Vayne's somehow improves trading and fighting in the bot lane, but speed is not a good stat for it.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Also quit bitching to the op about semantics, it was poor word choice (if anything at all) and you didn't need to make 15 posts criticizing it.
    This.

On-topic: I think the fact that she has no reliable steroid (except her ulti, but that's on a very long cooldown) and that she has no applied on-hit damage effects hurts her a bit. She's probably a bit outdated.

She ain't bad, she's just kinda badly designed for her role. Just a bit, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's still a strong pick. Very strong. She has just been ignored. That's all. Good champions don't get played sometimes simply because people forget about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    This.

On-topic: I think the fact that she has no reliable steroid (except her ulti, but that's on a very long cooldown) and that she has no applied on-hit damage effects hurts her a bit. She's probably a bit outdated.

She ain't bad, she's just kinda badly designed for her role. Just a bit, though.
    Her Ricochet resets your attack animation which is effectively an AS steroid if you use it correctly, not to mention it being a damage steroid anytime you can cleave to enemy champions. She's actually capable of some pretty decent burst between her Boomerang and Ricochet, although the last set of nerfs reduced her to a fairly team-reliant pick (have a auto attacking Jungler and/or Bruiser top, pop ult every team fight, watch everyone die).

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    She was bad. She got some buffs that really helped her, I've seen a couple of Sivirs since then, and they've all done good. She's a good champion, but people still remember her as the undertuned champion that she once was, simply because no one really plays as her, even after the buffs. She's a very underestimated champion in my opinion.
    What? Sivir got NERFED Horribly soo, IMO. Her W used to be a passive without cooldown. It would destroy most middle laners or weak bottom laners without a hard support. She was the Fizz of the time. Her farming with W was above top-notch. It got so bad, she was ban worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    What? Sivir got NERFED Horribly soo, IMO. Her W used to be a passive without cooldown. It would destroy most middle laners or weak bottom laners without a hard support. She was the Fizz of the time. Her farming with W was above top-notch. It got so bad, she was ban worthy.
    If you're talking about pre-rework Sivir I'm laughing my ass of right now. Sivir. Ban worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    her change broke her i miss old sivir R.I.P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sivir excels with a soraka, if that is your combo early lane play the harass game.

I go full physical damage runes and along with soraka's E means many a boomerangs to be thrown.

She is great at harass early game and godly (Like all other ADs) late game.

You need to get that good start to keep her ahead mid game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    I agree that she's at a bad state right now. Her kit has a lot of utility but very little burst, and from an AD carry you expect burst and sustained DPS, not utility.
    Her shield is kinda counter-productive in the same sense that Revive is, because if you find yourself about to be hit by an enemy skillshot and be forced to shield it, it means you could have played better and dodged that skillshot instead.
    Her ult is mainly for engaging or disengaging and you need to have AS-reliant jungle and toplaner before it even compares to Graves', Ezreal's and MF's ult in terms of damage output.
    Her Q is just a worse version of Ezreal's Q unless you're playing against mouthbreathers who get hit twice by it.
    Her W is probably the worst spell in her kit, all it does is push your lane and make you more vulnerable to enemy ganks.
    Her passive is ok i guess, but provides no benefit for trading in lane. Every other AD's passive except Vayne's somehow improves trading and fighting in the bot lane, but speed is not a good stat for it.
    I have to disagree with a couple of your points here.

Her ult is a Solo/DuoQ godsend. In terms of number crunching, sure, it doesn't produce as much damage. However, when voice coms are not available, it's like flipping the green light for your team to engage. This is INCREDIBLY valuable with less skilled players and often times will win you team fights.

Her shield is not counter-productive at all. You have a built in Banshee's Veil. You pop it as you're engaging and will mitigate at least some damage (or if lucky, an incoming CC). Not to mention it provides you with additional mana for boomerangs in the laning phase when used effectively.

Her W, as previously mentioned, resets her auto attack. Shall we talk about winning trades or the wildly increased overall damage in a clustered team fight?

Like I said before, playing nothing but Sivir carried me from 1200 to 1750 ELO (solo/duoQ). 'Nuff said.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    You said that "everyone" keeps telling you that Sivir is rubbish. They aren't.
    Everyone I play with does, If you got nothing to add gtfo plz.

Sivir is fine, she's just underplayed and underrated.

Because she's gash in comparison to other AD carries.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytebeg View Post
    Because she's gash in comparison to other AD carries.
    Again, in a perfectly organized 5 v 5 or higher 1800+ ELO play, sure.

She's an amazing pick for those trying to crawl out of ELO hell.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Prior to patch 136 she was quite popular. Then Q ratio got nerfed, but restored back after a few patches. But she just fell out of spotlight, I guess. But she is not THAT bad.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Sivir + Soraka bot = win 100% Seriously, such a DANG OP combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Sivir + Soraka bot = win 100% Seriously, such a DANG OP combination.
    Also a good choice I have found is sivir taric..dat early game burst too good. Also I cannot wait till they udate sivirs art like soraka (in development) and ashe, my god an HD version of my PAX sivir..too stronk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    If you're talking about pre-rework Sivir I'm laughing my ass of right now. Sivir. Ban worthy.
    Actually I am talking about pre-rework. She was ban worthy. Her middle lane was rough to go against. One in E, max out W, then Q. Her bounce was insane, all you had to do was have some AR pen and AS runes, for an easy first blood. You couldn't even get near her, it was constant life loss. Then if you could at least hit some skill shots, no middle could hang unless it was like Brand or Cass, because her range was very short. She played almost EXACTLY like Moon Rider from DOTA, or Luna to most people.

Did you actually play around with her prework? Because if you did, then why wasn't she ban worthy? I mean seriously? I got my first pentakill with prework Sivir. I had multiple quadra and triple kills. She was insane!

It's easy to hide behind snide remarks without actually countering what people said.

She got reworked, because her middle lane was insane. She got increased range, and a nerf to her W BECAUSE people weren't playing her as a bottom lane, the rework was to get her BACK in the bottom lane. Seriously, I'm laughing so hard, did you actually play during her rework?

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Her W is probably one of the best spells she has. Resetting auto attack timer is a HUGE deal. Its basically 3 hits instead of 2 when used correctly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Also a good choice I have found is sivir taric..dat early game burst too good. Also I cannot wait till they udate sivirs art like soraka (in development) and ashe, my god an HD version of my PAX sivir..too stronk.
    Will sivir be remodeled too? :O Brb purchasing nurse sivir > (And ye taric is nice too but meh i simply miss the mana from soraka O.o )