Deleted

Belial Hell as DH

I'm having a bit of trouble getting Belial down in Hell difficulty as a Demon Hunter. I'm level 58, with 6.3k damage, 12k life and 1630 armor. I'm using Smoke Screen with Lingering Fog, Caltrops with Torturous Ground (changing to Vault with Tumble when he enters the last phase), Hungering Arrow with Cinder Arrow, Multishot with Fire at Will (changing to Preparation with Focused Mind when he enters last phase), Bola Shot with Thunder Ball and Impale with Chemical Burn. The passives are Tactical Advantage, Vengeance and Steady Aim.

My problem currently is getting through the second phase, when Belial is moving and his minions start spawning as well. Granted I'm not a spectacular Diablo player, but I still think I should be able to kill him with some ease. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm using the wrong abilities or if I'm just undergeared. Could anyone give me some advice?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're dying to adds + Belial get more crowd control heavy build. Ie. caltrops with 80per cent slow, get elemental frost arrow, and those 3 traps you lay at once.
    This is my kill on inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYF2VEOQaA

and I strongly suggest Steady Aim, Archery and sharpshooter (+2h x-bow)

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Your damage is much too low.

Deleted
    if you have the patience for it, then get yourself to level 59, which should unlock Nether Tentacles for Elemental Arrow. At this point everything should melt like butter, especially Belial as in p3 each ball will hit him 3 times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    If you're dying to adds + Belial get more crowd control heavy build. Ie. caltrops with 80per cent slow, get elemental frost arrow, and those 3 traps you lay at once.
    This is my kill on inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYF2VEOQaA

and I strongly suggest Steady Aim, Archery and sharpshooter (+2h x-bow)
    Guess I'll try that, thanks for the video.

@Celidion: But do you think I could put aside some vitality to get more damage, or should i just go farm some gear?

Elemental Arrow + Ball Lightning.

P1 go to a corner and destroy them before they even reach you, Smoke Screen if needed. P2 spam that ball of doom, move when he comes to you, Smoke Screen away, adds won't last very much with the ball of doom spam. P3 dodge hits moving and with Smoke Screen, dodge meteors, try to shoot from edge to edge for maximum ticks. It's a really easy fight, only involves dodging and clever use of Smoke Screen.

I don't remember the exact stats I had when I did it, but I don't think it was higher than yours, in fact I'm sure I even had less HP and low level. Did it quite easily on second try with this build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XTV!YeT!YaYZZc wiped first because I thought I wouldn't get hit ;P

If you still don't manage to do it, gear up from the AH, there are plenty of upgrades on that level range for less than 6k gold per piece.
    Last edited by Photek; 2012-06-14 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Guess I'll try that, thanks for the video.

@Celidion: But do you think I could put aside some vitality to get more damage, or should i just go farm some gear?
    You shouldn't need any Vitality, just go full Dex with some IAS/Crit Chance/Crit Damage. Also, switch Multishot to Elemental Arrow(Ball Lighting -> Tentacles at 59). And use Hungering Arrow(Devouring Arrow). For the second phase, you can just spam Elemental Arrow with Smoke Screen in the corner. Make sure you use the Bat Companion, it lets you spam for quite some time.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers, it's down

10+ Year Old Account
    how are u 58 but only at belial?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    how are u 58 but only at belial?
    Probably grinded more then usual in most cases, I was at 58 directly at the end of Act III haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Think this is the build I was using for him: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RYXV!aTY!ZaZZc

Last slot is up to you Rain of Vengence+Stampede would be handy during the snake phases. Marked for Death+Mortal Enemy would allow more Ball Lightning spam. Bat Companion would probably allow for near infinite BL spam. Sentry Turret if you find yourself with plenty of disc and just want some passive DPS to use it on.

Not sure what level I was but hit 59 like a half second before walking into Azmo's room if that gives you an idea. Have to agree your DPS does sound a little low but Ball Lightning spam is pretty OP vs this boss since he has such a huge model.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as other people recommended, elemental arrow with Ball Lightning or Nether Tendrils at lvl 59 absolutely owns on Belial. On my first kill on inferno I had killed him in P3 as soon as he did his first breath and before he could even do that meteor storm spam stuff.

Like others said, I used Ball Lightning and SS, but I also used Shadow Power with the Gloom rune (I think that's the one...the 65% damage reduction one). I also brought the Templar with me and pretty much ran to the top corner at the start of the fight and just launched lightning for P1. If I got surrounded I could SP and spam BL and it would hit enough mobs enough times that I'd take no damage. P2 was more of the same and I found that Belial actually wouldn't one shot me with SP up. So I did the same thing as P1. He'd run off screen to fire the green flames but I could position the Templar properly and he'd just eat them for me while I used devouring arrow to hit Belial off-screen. My biggest problem was actually P3 wherein I would get hit by his fists when I'd be nowhere near his supposed target. Had many a <10% wipe. Oh and I had about 9k health . That said, I had more damage than you. Passives were Tactical Advantage, Sharpshooter, and Archery. Now if only I could kill Rakanoth....

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His damage is fine, your life is really, really low. Maybe it just seems that way to me but I'm running 44k life at level 58 on my witch doctor.

If you can get past phase 2 its smooth sailing. As others have suggested, change up your skill set a bit for some control and try again.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I play hc, im not sure how much sc players value their hp pools but it gives a larger margin for error than straight damage does (once your damage is at an acceptable level)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I had a fairly easy time of it with the snakes phases, using caltrops with the torturous ground rune and vault for kiting, and a combination of multishot and spike trap with the scatter rune for damage. That last one is especially helpful if your damage isn't very high, spitting out 3 of these bombs at a time is far better for single target than even impale, even if only two traps hit. Once you play around with it a bit you get the hang of planting them in ways where 2-3 will hit.

Deleted
    2h xbow + green gem + passives sharpshooter, steady aim, archery...

Hungering arrow - ball lightning (switch to nether tents at 59). Belial is so big it will hit him 3-4 times. Nether tentacles at 59 just melt stuff.
    Marked for death with mortal enemy
    Smoke screen with lingering fog
    preperation with the heal rune
    caltrops with torturous ground
    Bat companion