Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    Get a gun, find some way to make the ring come out when you pull the trigger, hold the gun infront of her face and make her think your going to shoot her, then when the ring comes out propose!
    This person will never get married.

I'm sure it's been said before but..

She loves you. Be yourself! Screw the extravagant over the top crap, go do something that you both enjoy, or a place you both love and take it from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    This person will never get married.
    He asked for a crazy idea! So i gave him one!

In the Recent Forum Posts at the top of the MMOC main page is this thread directly below a thread titled "I want a divorce..."

Just a humorous observation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I wish I could give you some amazing advice but everyone is different, my wife is very down-to-earth and not very romantic which is great for me since I'm the same.

Knowing this on our trip to Morocco when we were alone overlooking the city at night I popped the question and she loved it (or she said she did), I think if I had done anything else it would have left her embarrassed.
    I think I am a bit like your better half. I have several times thought about how I would react if I were proposed to, and I think I would have blushed from top to toe. Keep it simple, and I'd appreciate that.

I've been well-informed by my better half that I'm one of those women that will have to die without ever getting married or even proposed to though, so I guess i won't have to worry about blushing either way!

So yeah, to you OP, I can't say anything else but... Know your girl. I don't know her, so I can't tell you what would be suitable for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my advice for what it is worth:

1) Do not do it in public with a ton of people watching. You want her honest answer, not a yes given just because she feels pressured and then she tells you later the answer is actually no. Similarly with a bunch of friends and family there -- it can go really wrong and you probably don't want to risk it.

2) Do try to work something in that is something special you share with her. Whether it's a favorite movie or hobby or the place you met or whatnot. Some link to the memory of you together will make the proposal that much stronger and romantic.

3) Do not feel obligated to make it like a scene out of the movies. Be romantic and creative, sure, but don't spend a ton of money or create a total scene. It will be memorable for her no matter what, and as long as it is done sincerely and out of love she'll dig it.

4) Don't take advice from MMO-Champ on this topic. :P
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be the only one to know where and when to do it because you know her the best, if she LOVEs a certain sports team propose at one of their games, or a certain bands concert i dont know because I dont know her.

I really feel sorry for anyone proposing marriage these days. If you don't wind up doing some over the top, flying into outer space while being serenaded by the reanimated remains of Barry White, followed by a flash mob of her entire family while rainbows and unicorns fly out of your mouth, and wind up in a viral video on the Today Show, you're not "trying."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    1) Do not do it in public with a ton of people watching. You want her honest answer, not a yes given just because she feels pressured and then she tells you later the answer is actually no. Similarly with a bunch of friends and family there -- it can go really wrong and you probably don't want to risk it.
    See, I have to (sort of) disagree with this one, though really it just depends a lot on just how well you know your soon-to-be-fiancée. If she likes being in any sort of spotlight, it's worth considering doing something fancy like a flash mob in a public place, or just a simple proposal outdoors or in a favorite restaurant. However, if you're not totally sure she'll say yes, well...you'll get a lot of pats on the back, either in congratulation or pity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I really feel sorry for anyone proposing marriage these days. If you don't wind up doing some over the top, flying into outer space while being serenaded by the reanimated remains of Barry White, followed by a flash mob of her entire family while rainbows and unicorns fly out of your mouth, and wind up in a viral video on the Today Show, you're not "trying."
    That's what the media wants you to believe. Most women I have spoken to about this find those proposals to be awkward. Could ofc be a cultural thing. I am scandinavian, and for all I know things could be a whole lot different in america. No idea where you are from though.

Deleted
    Just throwing a little bit of "nah, I am jealous" in there..

A womans opinion : The idea from the guy who proposed to his girl when they woke up and had the ring stashed under the bed is the best it is intimate. It is lovely. And the "I want to wake up with you for the rest of my life..*sigh* is very romantic. I wish you the best of luck.

..I will die alone..damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    In the Recent Forum Posts at the top of the MMOC main page is this thread directly below a thread titled "I want a divorce..."

Just a humorous observation.
    I do believe you are the first person in this thread to notice that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkersman View Post
    Lol, go on an mmo forum and ask how you should go about asking your woman to marry you?

Son, you're obviously not ready for marriage.....

Wonder what the vegas odds are that you'll be just another divorce in 1-3 years
    Don't be so damn negative, if you don't like the guy asking a community then don't respond, ignore & move on.

OP, everyone is different, IE. I would be making a "Will you marry me?" in minecraft blocks :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Ask her to marry you during a hot air balloon ride....
    this is the worst Idea ever. what if she says no? lol Now you are stuck in a hot air balloon with the girl who won't marry you. Awkward...

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe ask her on the your anniversary (chicks love guys who can remember shit)

or do it on Christmas morning,put it in a stocking etc,when she pulls it out,get on one knee and pop the question

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    this is the worst Idea ever. what if she says no? lol Now you are stuck in a hot air balloon with the girl who won't marry you. Awkward...
    Not so awkward when you throw her overboard for saying no!!!! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to be proposed to (or propose to someone) for show. Like when someone does in a restaurant and everyone starts clapping or cheering...that's embarassing. It has to be intimate, just me and the guy, and I think location would be the biggest for me.

Some place memorable. One of my best memories, was when me and some college friends went camping on Lake Michigan and we all layed out on the beach at night and watched shooting stars and just talked about life. Insert a proposal in something like that I'd not only stay "YES!" but I'd put out like a cheap prostitute (so we can look back on what a whore I was).

But yeah, tricks and outrageousness wouldn't resonate with me so much as something more intimate and emotional. Propose to me on a beach at sunset.

Okay, time to go shopping on Match.com...

Quote Originally Posted by Wisermage View Post
    Not so awkward when you throw her overboard for saying no!!!! :P
    Umm and what about the balloon pilot? I bet HE is going to feel pretty damn awkward once you through your ex out the basket.

Trying to be too creative can ruin it, or even turn out embarrassing.

Stick to the old school "on-your-knee" proposal during a romantic dinner. Don't be one of those "Lets propose during a (enter X sport here) game"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    See, I have to (sort of) disagree with this one, though really it just depends a lot on just how well you know your soon-to-be-fiancée.
    Yes -- but I think there is a valid concern with the pressure she would feel in a public scenario. If you've discussed it and she's ready to get married and the proposal is just a formality, then it's probably fine, but if you don't really know how she will respond because you haven't discussed it, it could really be an awkward situation.

But to your point, yes, it is very much a personality thing.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.