Thread: Blizzcon 2013

Deleted

Blizzcon 2013

Does anyone know what the dates will be for blizzcon 2013 "approx". ???

Probably October-ish, if it happens.

No idea, I don't think.

The past 2 Blizzcons have both been in October, but the one before that was in July, I think.

So, probably October, but there's no way to tell for sure.

Deleted
    Umm .. 2013?
    u already want to know something a year before?

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    Umm .. 2013?
    u already want to know something a year before?
    Well, there isn't going to be one this year, so it seems logical to ask when the next one will be.

Deleted
    well yeah I thought I would ask so I can look at maybe prices and that for flights and stuff to get an idea on how much its going to cost me.....

I would guess based on prior Blizzcons sometime during Q3 to early Q4 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Probably October-ish, if it happens.
    I think it will happen. They've made a tasty profit off of D3 box sales... and depending on how well the RMAH does for them will simply add icing on the cake.

Of course, it also depends how many people return for Mists of Pandaria too, as those losses could offset most gains from D3.

They should have new games to announce next year. Probably the next expansion for wow and the expansion for D3 as well.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    D3 will bring in more money in the long run i bet than WoW ever did. Here's some quick math based on very rough expected values.

Let's assume half the people playing at release have quit or are on hiatus at the moment. That's 3 million. Let's assume only 10%/300000 use the RMAH, and that each day there's 150,000 transactions. Let's assume the average transaction value is $10. There's $1.50 for each transaction that goes straight to Blizzard. That's $225,000 each day as profit. That's the equivalent of 15000 WoW subscriptions for one month.

Over the course of 28 days, $6,300,000 profit. Over the course of a year (365 days), $2,299,500,000 profit. This is the equivalent profit as would be made from 12,775,000 WoW subscribers over the course of 12 months.
    That is a LOT of assumption, but its not entirely unfounded. Blizzard now has two printing presses instead of one (WoW).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    should be summer next year, in Jaarbeurs Utrecht in Holland! Yes yes i will buy tickets for sure.. if im ffast enough :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Along those lines. I know Blizzard is a SoCal based company, but man... have a Blizzcon in NYC please!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    D3 will bring in more money in the long run i bet than WoW ever did. Here's some quick math based on very rough expected values.
    Just roflamo..... how you come up with 3mill D3 players (i doubt that number) - i bet the real number is something in between 1.5 and 2mil
    (and by the release of mop all the AP Players will quit D3) so your numbers are way to high.
    and next year only the hc d3 freaks will play it anymore so you will end up at max 300k players...
    and none of the hc d3 players will ever use the RMAH the number of that will be more like 0.01%
    (the type "daddy i want you to buy me THAT sword" players) and chinesse farmers...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all of them have been in the August-October range, so probably around then.

I'm sure they will have one next year. There will be stuff to announce in 2013. There isn't this year.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Let's assume half the people playing at release have quit or are on hiatus at the moment. That's 3 million. Let's assume only 10%/300000 use the RMAH, and that each day there's 150,000 transactions. Let's assume the average transaction value is $10. There's $1.50 for each transaction that goes straight to Blizzard. That's $225,000 each day as profit. That's the equivalent of 15000 WoW subscriptions for one month.

Over the course of 28 days, $6,300,000 profit. Over the course of a year (365 days), $2,299,500,000 profit. This is the equivalent profit as would be made from 12,775,000 WoW subscribers over the course of 12 months.
    If ANYONE thinks that the average transaction to go through the RMAH is going to be $10 - all I can do is laugh at them. Your in for a shock if you think that.

Deleted
    Hoping its summer next year as i was planing on going over to the west coast for holidays (from ireland) and was thinking why dont i go to blizzcon so will be really excited if its on and at that time

I think they will announce their next-gen mmo at Blizzcon 2013.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

15+ Year Old Account
    Late summer - early autumn. Somewhere around there. July, August, September, October.

The reason they're not having a Blizzcon this year is they have nothing new to announce, frankly. In the past years when they did a Blizzcon but didn't have any major announcements, it was sort of boring and felt like it wasn't really worth the effort. People tended to be disappointed.

Next year they will probably be ready to announce the next WoW expansion, the Diablo III expansion, and perhaps even Project Titan.

In the meantime, they will be making an appearance at the Gamescom, which happens in Germany from August 15-19. That's the last big game convention we'll have this year apart from TGS, and since Blizzard doesn't release their games in Japan I doubt they'd show up there.