Anyway to search set/legendary stats in AH?

I currently am trying to find a find a really good set of Blackthorne's Breeches for my monk but I can't find any that are itemized for me. In fact the itemization is complete shit as it always is in this RNG forsaken game.

Every time I find one that has a socket, the vita/dex are shit. Every time I find one with good vita/dex, the +life on hit is 40 when it could be 100. It's starting to annoy me that I can't get the one I want.

So is there any way I could filter the stats so that I only get one with the stats that I want? From what I see, no, but I thought I would ask. If not, it seems like a pretty big shortcoming of the AH, especially with this shitty itemized gear we get.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. You either search for stats or for the legendary's name, not both.

Yep, it sucks. Blizz are working on improving the AH in the next patch or two.

Deleted
    Take the 3 vital stats you need and set the filter to legendary quality, you should be getting only those you could want in the search results. At least that's how i do it to find certain legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzin View Post
    Take the 3 vital stats you need and set the filter to legendary quality, you should be getting only those you could want in the search results. At least that's how i do it to find certain legendaries.
    Yeah I figured that would work for the legendaries. But I'm searching for a set piece .

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Yeah I figured that would work for the legendaries. But I'm searching for a set piece .
    Still works for set pieces. It's just a pain in the ass.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Well aren't set pieces considered legendaries?

They have green color but are like legendary so i think its better option than using name search option.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Still works for set pieces. It's just a pain in the ass.
    Ah yeah just figured that out actually. Ugh yes this is a major pain in the ass. I don't see why we didn't get this from launch but I guess it will hopefully get patched in later.

Ah yeah just figured that out actually. Ugh yes this is a major pain in the ass. I don't see why we didn't get this from launch but I guess it will hopefully get patched in later.
    It helps to use the battle.net site to set your filters, for example:

1. Find Blackthorne's Breeches from the blizzard website
    2. Set level filter to 60+.
    3. Set rarity filter to legendary.
    4. Set Intellect filter to 78.
    5. Set Magic Find filter to 15%.
    6. Set % Life filter to 3%.
    7. If you want to find a pair with a particular random stat, then swap out the filter you think is most common for your desired stat.

You might've already been doing exactly this, but if not here it is
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-06-14 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It helps to use the battle.net site to set your filters, for example:

1. Find Blackthorne's Breeches from the blizzard website
    2. Set level filter to 60+.
    3. Set rarity filter to legendary.
    4. Set Intellect filter to 78.
    5. Set Magic Find filter to 15%.
    6. Set % Life filter to 3%.

That should reasonably narrow things down to your search (hopefully). It still sucks though T_T.
    Yeah thanks a bunch . It should narrow things down a little bit more.

Edit: I'm sloow...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackthornes-breeches

Is this link wrong in some way ? Cause the listed stats don't really allow for much variance, especially for vit/dex. The values you give for life on hit also both fall outside of the listed range.

So basically, what you want is the high-end for life on hit, and sockets (2 or 3 I guess). Life on hit can't be on non-legendary pants, so you can't directly search for pants if you want to filter for that particular stat.

The way I'd do it, is search for any type of armor, legendary quality, put the desired value for life on hit and sockets (putting 2 is good, cause then rings and amulets can't show up) and whatever 3rd stat you're looking for. With those search parameters I only have Blackthorne's breeches showing up in the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Edit: I'm sloow...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackthornes-breeches

Is this link wrong in some way ? Cause the listed stats don't really allow for much variance, especially for vit/dex. The values you give for life on hit also both fall outside of the listed range.

So basically, what you want is the high-end for life on hit, and sockets (2 or 3 I guess). Life on hit can't be on non-legendary pants, so you can't directly search for pants if you want to filter for that particular stat.

The way I'd do it, is search for any type of armor, legendary quality, put the desired value for life on hit and sockets (putting 2 is good, cause then rings and amulets can't show up) and whatever 3rd stat you're looking for. With those search parameters I only have Blackthorne's breeches showing up in the results.
    Vita and Dex can be higher if the extra modifer is rolled as vita/dex. As for my example, it might have been exaggeration :P
    And yay your method is so much better than what I've been doing.

To be honest, I just didn't know that searching would work for it since "set" isn't listed under the little drop down you get when you can specify armor quality. Now that I know that, it seems 10 times easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    To compound on what ace said, the "+2 random magic properties" can be any property that is able to go on that item slot that isn't already on the item. There are such thing as 2 stat affixes (only for primary stats), where 1 of your magic properties could be +83 dex +83 vit, which are then added to the base amount already on the item.

This is usually what's going on when you see items with ludicrous amounts of a stat for their item level, the probably got both a good single stat and double stat roll.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 02:50 PM ----------

Oh, and yes, the blizzard site is always accurate, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    They have green color but are like legendary so i think its better option than using name search option.
    Wait... about to feel like a noob here, but there's a name search field?!?!?!?

Bottom left field right above the search button. Only works for set or legendary items, but disables all other filters for the search other than max buyout.