Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Since the previous poster handled the other 4 items, I can handle these two:
    2) The reason that there are Legendaries instead of Uniques now is because with set stats it was (quite easily) possible to find Rares that were randomly rolled with much better stats than uniques. But uniques offered stats that you could not find on rares... so you had the choice: Go with the impossible to find stat on the Unique and have less overall effectiveness but better in a niche? Or go with the better rolled rare and forget the niche? Legendaries were the solution: Unique stats, with random properties to ensure that rares will never be better on the whole.

3) There was an option for this in the test. I wonder what happened to it.

Personally, Thank Blizzard for the removal of Runes and the Horadric Cube. The worst part about d2 was that Runewords were better than most other items, and you were required to find a superior item with just the right amount of sockets, then the runes for it. "Oh a rare? Whatever... Oooo a normal 3 socket plate with extra armor!" Ridiculous.

And packing/unpacking the Cube to maximize your carrying capacity: good riddance.
    I think you missed the point here, the Legendaries of D3 are not unique, they are simply stat sticks like all the rest of the gear, even the "unique" properties are simply stat boosters (Helm of command 8% block for example) that rare items cannot have, or more stats than rare items, but a large majority of Legendary items are not only uninteresting stat boosters but are junk.

Uniques and Runewords in Diablo 2 were extremely interesting in comparison, well thought out items that were often very unique compared to what you could aquire with rares. I'm not saying legendaries should be as powerful as the high end runewords of Diablo 2, but that is purely a numbers situation, they should be as interesting and as unique as the D2 items while being balanced. The current legendaries are simply stat boosters just like the rare items.

With updated skills, new areas and new graphics I would totally play the d2 remake rather than d3, as long as the rest is in the style of d2. I wouldn't play d2 if it was exactly the same, but only with better graphics (new animations and skill overhauls are required; why else would the physic engine be required then?).

I am tired of D2, but also am I of D3.. I am tired of D2, because I played it like forever. I am tired of D3, because it's not a worthy sequel and does not deserve its title.

In a few months, D3 will be mass played by people from rather poor countries, for whom 250 euro is close to being a month's wage or even more than that. Did I say "played"? I meant "used".

And why should they not try to get money via D3? It's perfectly reasonable, it even improves their way of life. Potentially. They can make more money than with a real job.. And the money is somewhat tax free (blizz tax)... What do countries' governments say about that by the way? In many cases the money earned within a country is making its way out of it virtually. For an item which can never be worth more than a few bucks. The game itself has cost 60$. How could an Item EVER be worth more in an emotionally dead game like D3. What the heck?

It's like people are payed for rolling the dice (RNG rares with great stats), who then in return for the money transfer the honor of having rolled that perfect dice. It's nothing beyond that. And that's pretty retarded.

As long as people are careless enough to actually pay real money for in game items that give you nothing (unlike in wow, where spending money on a blizz item makes you look like a nerd. Dunno if that is better than nothing), D3 will never become what it was supposed to be. Or maybe it IS exactly that already and we just wanted it to be something else...

I liked the occasional guy who bought his items at ebay better, than all the "legit" RMAH customers. Nothing personal..
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2012-06-15 at 06:13 PM.

I would love if someone remade Sacred (1!) instead!
    To answer the question though: I'm kind of saturated with D2 and have no urge to play it again for the next 10 years or so. So... yes I would play D3.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral