Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    As for "quests are still quests"... yeah, they are. What else do you want in an MMO? Fact is, ANet have done their questing system much better than many others I've seen, and it's different enough that it's refreshing. I don't always want brand-new, novel systems. Just a freshening-up of what I'm used to is nice.
    If only more people were reasonable enough to grasp this simple statement.

Damn idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Oh yeah! Forgot about MikeB, love him too!
    I forgot about him, too! I do enjoy his videos a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If only more people were reasonable enough to grasp this simple statement.

Damn idiots.
    It's funny, because I've noticed a decent number of the people claiming this say it's still 'kill x collect x' which means it's still questing. However, if you simplify it that much it would exclude VERY few games. Not just speaking RPGs, either. Hell, the single player CoD falls into that oversimplified category. As do Sonic and Mario. I'd love for someone to mention a game that doesn't have killing or collecting as a goal out of the games that actually HAVE goals. (Meaning minecraft is ruled out, since there is no goal unless you make your own. However, that self made goal will almost always involve killing something or collecting blocks anyways, so /shrug)
    The number of games that don't fall into that category are ridiculously low. Not saying that GW2 is miles different than WoW when it comes to base questing.. but presentation is everything.

Yogscast are funny, TB tends to hate a bit to much for my taste, but in general I don't really watch many of that type of youtube videos

I find the majority of Youtube personalities extremely annoying. I can't think of very many that I'm particularly fond of. Woodenpotatoes doesn't make me want to bash my screen open, so I guess I'll just go with him.

Deleted
    Woodenpotatoes and Mike B for GW2. I remember using to hate Mike B back in my wow days, but I do like his recent stuff. I feel like he has calmed down now and is a bit more "professional". I do like Jesse Cox, because he can narrate well in my opinion. I do like his voices.

And David Hewlett(Mckay from stargate), he occasionally puts on a funny vid, but I'm not sure that makes him a youtube personality.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-06-15 at 05:09 PM.