Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    In MoP transmutes include Spirit of Harmony. It's BoP and a world drop from every pandaria mob. In other words, having multiple alchemists is virtually useless, because there are no cd on transmutes, and you need to physically farm a BoP to transmute anything. Sorry, I should have been clearer.
    I have a feeling that the cost of anything that uses one of these Spirit of Harmonies is going top be pretty dam high. So if you have multiple alchemist on characters that are capable of farming them it will be well worth your time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I have a feeling that the cost of anything that uses one of these Spirit of Harmonies is going top be pretty dam high. So if you have multiple alchemist on characters that are capable of farming them it will be well worth your time.
    But there are no CDs. So only benefit is different alch spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    But there are no CDs. So only benefit is different alch spec.
    Oh yes yes. I literally just read that earlier in this thread , but my mind keeps going back to how it has been.

Ugh, now I am going to have to get my profession alts gear to make farming mobs easier.

Deleted
    You can NEVER have too many alchemists!

Sorry, it just felt like that was the correct response.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I guess that's all the more reason to drop stupid leather working for alchemy on the toon I'll be playing a lot. Plus I don't make money with LW and it only saves me roughly 1k for every bracers&legs I get which another alch would make me that every 4 days at least..
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    That's a good point Regen. But LW is so annoying / expensive to level that you might want to level another char instead. ;p

Nah. If the rare material for alchemy transmutes is a random world drop I'll at least want alchemy on my character I'll play a lot. I've always made money with alchemy and I have a good grasp on it. And it's one of the more useful raiding professions imo

Deleted
    personally i had 6 since wrath, xmuting gems made me loads of money, it continued during cata with truegolds until late 4.2... i was hoping to see epic gems xmutes again but guess its not gonna happen...

As of now, nine of my ten toons are xmute alchemists. I like the profession and it helps me to earn some money with minimal effort. However, margins decrease since both true gold and volatile air are getting cheaper on my server.

Too bad that you cannot transmute epic gems in Cataclysm

Edit: I also have all required mats on my bank to push my monk from 1 to 525.
    Last edited by Excaliban; 2012-06-26 at 07:08 PM.

I actually reset the air market on my server today. I bought it all out and took up the price about 10g per unit. If it all sells I'll turn a profit of about 3k. That and I'm hoping the price stays up here for a bit. Pay 1g per unit on life and air dropped to 11g per unit. Took it back to 21g per unit.

In MoP transmutes include Spirit of Harmony. It's BoP and a world drop from every pandaria mob. In other words, having multiple alchemists is virtually useless, because there are no cd on transmutes, and you need to physically farm a BoP to transmute anything. Sorry, I should have been clearer.
    Have Alchemy maxed on 4 characters at the moment:
    Hunter (main) -> Transmute spec + Engineering
    Warrior -> Transmute spec + Skinning
    Priest -> Potion spec + Tailoring
    Mage -> Elixir spec + Herbalism

The first three have some sweet combo's going for them. If I'm farming leather, I'll get Spirits. If I'm farming cloth (assuming they're continueing with the scavenging bonus for tailors), I'll get Spirits. And of course I'll play my main character the most, meaning plenty of Spirits there as well.
    That just leaves my mage that won't really get much bonus Spirits and the priest that isn't transmute spec (but it's always an option to sell transmutes on trade channel).

I'm liking the change and hope they won't make the Sprits BoE at all. Everything that makes people do stuff out in the world instead of semi-AFKing in cities is a good thing in my opinion.

My mage, lock and priest all have enchanting/tailoring. My hunter enchanting/inscription and my druid enchanting/jewelcrafting.

I like enchanting more than any profession as you get your own mats instead of relying on useless (stat wise) gathering professions, same goes for tailoring. There is nothing wrong with stacking professions

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I'm liking the change and hope they won't make the Sprits BoE at all. Everything that makes people do stuff out in the world instead of semi-AFKing in cities is a good thing in my opinion.
    That's true, but removing cooldowns is not the key to this. With one cooldown every 24 hrs it only takes one minute of time to run it.

It's all day shuffling/post/undercut/re-post that leads to semi AFKness.

I'll miss the cooldowns as I don't like to play the price war battle, and cooldowns limit supply to the point one doesn't have to with these items. If the spirits are transferable it will just be another item for botters to farm and sell to millionaire AH players, who will then shuffle in large quantities via their single alchemist and undercut all competitors. Another blow to the casual player just trying to make a gold or two. I think it is a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk View Post
    I'll miss the cooldowns as I don't like to play the price war battle, and cooldowns limit supply to the point one doesn't have to with these items. If the spirits are transferable it will just be another item for botters to farm and sell to millionaire AH players, who will then shuffle in large quantities via their single alchemist and undercut all competitors. Another blow to the casual player just trying to make a gold or two. I think it is a step in the wrong direction.
    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=76061

The Spirits are BoP and drop from mobs in Pandarian zones. If they stay that way, the people that spend a long time in cities semi-AFKing will not get any. The "casual" player that spends their time doing some dailies and dungeons is able to make a gold or two.

Deleted

The Spirits are BoP and drop from mobs in Pandarian zones. If they stay that way, the people that spend a long time in cities semi-AFKing will not get any. The "casual" player that spends their time doing some dailies and dungeons is able to make a gold or two.
    This is a good argument to have Skinning on your main... If only the bonus wasn't so bad... :s

It seems like players are going to create Spirit of Harmony from Motes of Harmony ala BC/WOTLK: http://www.wowdb.com/items/89112-mote-of-harmony

However, the motes are still BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    I am all for multiple alchemists once you have all the other professions maxed on alts. like you said 1 pot, 1 elixir, rest xmute.

This is correct more or less but I would like to elaborate more.
    I don't believe tailoring, leatherworking, and blacksmithing are necessary. I would suggest at least one of those, and my choice is blacksmithing for belt buckles and I usually have a warrior or paladin I am playing. Also this expansion I found it profitable to make items with BS to DE them into heavenly shards, at best it cost around 40g mats and the shards were selling quickly at 90g+. But also being able to shuffle the ore used to make these items to DE you might get more money just out of shuffling the ore.

Potions and Elixirs I have -never- been able to sell well for profit worth my time, flasks are also risky. The demand isn't high. The only way these things sell well is if you farm the mats yourself, and even then selling the mats straight up might make you more gold or equal gold. So the only reason to have a potion and elixir master is if you use the consumables yourself, supply others such as in a guild bank, and have nobody else to do it for you. Anybody FEEL FREE to tell me if I am wrong, I could very well be missing something or my experience could be server specific, but I can't imagine even on high pop servers potions and elixirs selling well. The margin is too low for the quantity you sell and the time you invest.

Also to the OP's question having 8 transmute alchy's will get you gold, and easy gold for that matter, but you are missing out on a lot more gold from other professions. The elementium shuffle in cataclysm had legendary success, and I am going to assume you don't know what that is so you should google elementium shuffle.

The ore shuffle brought in loads of gold for people doing it right. But now that everything is slowing down i've found transmuting the most reliable source of G's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugbot View Post
    Also to the OP's question having 8 transmute alchy's will get you gold, and easy gold for that matter, but you are missing out on a lot more gold from other professions. The elementium shuffle in cataclysm had legendary success, and I am going to assume you don't know what that is so you should google elementium shuffle.
    You quoted me here, but I'm not quite sure if you were talking to me on this point.

But yes, I am aware of the shuffle. I was shuffling saronite in wrath, and now I'm shuffling ore in cata too.

I said 1 pot, 1 elixer, and the rest xmute and that's what I have. I have had luck selling tol'vir, volcanic and golemblood pots by the stack (pot of illusion had some success as well but limited.) Flasks less so, but still well worth 1 having the bonus. I went this way because I have a glyph inventory to keep up as well so I want to get the most of all the herbs available.

I don't know what you people are talking about, Inscription is like 1000 gold to power level and you get shoulder enchants + some other crap.