How Does The Galactic Trade Network Work?

Hey guys,

I just started playing SWTOR around a week ago and I've been listing stuff on the Galactic Trade Network (auction house). I usually search for the item first, see what the lowest price is and then undercut that price by a few credits.

A lot of the time when I add an item to list it automatically puts a price into the box. What does this price mean? I never usually list it for the price it recommends, as I'm not sure what it means exactly. Is it the price I can get by selling it to a vendor? If so, I may have to stop listing stuff for under the price it recommends as I'll be losing money. Will probably be better off selling it to a vendor than listing it for sale on the GTN.

Would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanchatron View Post
    SNIP..
    A lot of the time when I add an item to list it automatically puts a price into the box. What does this price mean?
    It's nothing but a suggested price and I'm not sure many put things on the GTN for that unless it's some of the lower leveling gear and maybe not even then.

I never usually list it for the price it recommends, as I'm not sure what it means exactly. Is it the price I can get by selling it to a vendor? If so, I may have to stop listing stuff for under the price it recommends as I'll be losing money. Will probably be better off selling it to a vendor than listing it for sale on the GTN.
    Not really sure on that, I'd have to check to be honest on a piece of gear to see if the suggested price is the vendor price. I don't feel like it is though.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Not really sure on that, I'd have to check to be honest on a piece of gear to see if the suggested price is the vendor price. I don't feel like it is though.
    There might be some things out there where this is the case, but for virtually every item I can remember selling it's not even close.

Great, thanks guys!