Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    it's kinda funny, complaining about gear resets.
    I guess no one remembers WotLKs first tier being cleared in like a day after release due to players in Sunwell gear.
    Oh so many tears
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Imagine how much traffic this site would get if every single person who got disgruntled with the game came here and made their own personal and unique post about why it sucks now and that they are quitting.

I for one am sad that the OP is leaving. He seems like a stellar guy, someone I would've wanted in my game. It will never be quite the same without him, I'm afraid. But I'll try and manage.

Why do we need another thread for this?

Simple. Because there are 12 pages of people who wish to discuss it further.

Deleted
    It must have hours since the last "here's something I don't like about the game and it will be the death knell for WoW" thread so I guess we were due one. Solipsism is strong on the internet. Here's a thought, why don't you figure a way to get around the fact that you cannot simply have more than 100% crit and submit it to Blizzard. the only other ways would be to alter the gear progression model that has helped made the game so successful, contrary to your insular viewpoint of it killing the game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, now.. ASSUMING WoW dies, and assuming there is one single core reason, it'd be that WoW is a pretty old game. People will eventually get bored, and it will be increasingly hard for Blizz to bring fresh new things into the game that will not offend alot of people. All the while there are new games being released that will (usually) be fresh and appeal to atleast a part of the WoW playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the first two pages and then got bored..

Gear refreshes are needed every expansion, you don't like losing your pretty gear then well, that's why Transmog is there. It's not as if your gear will become useless one you hit 86 or even 87, I know in Cataclysm I didn't start upgrading until late into 83. What you see on your character sheet as you level is your hit/crit/expertise adjusted to your current level (say 88) and what it is against a enemy of the same level.. At the same time there HAS to be a raise in the values/requirements to reach each point or we'd all be beyond 100% crit, hit and expertise capped at this point and the stats would be worthless.

Not like a freaking matters while LEVELING anyway, anyone who cares about hit, crit or expertise while leveling is being incredibly anal about their stats. Not like it takes much in the way of effort to get hit/expertise capped after leveling anyway. Leveling stuff is tuned with this shit in mind so it then matters LESS.

What's going to kill WoW is going to be Blizzard by either introducing its successor or shutting it down outright. No other MMO is going to do it and that's incredibly clear at this point with how many have come out and failed to the point of going free to play in a last ditch effort for members and revenue. If Star Wars couldn't do it, nothing will.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-06-16 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I'd imagine they could have made that work, if they had iLvl thought out a lot sooner. Instead of having gigantic gear gaps, just make the new raids require a certain average iLvl, so that you'd NEED at least X amount of next-expansion gear pieces to do raids.

But yeah, the huge numbers are kinda killing the feel of the game to me. Going from 4k hp at 60, to 8k hp at 70, to 30k hp at 80, to 120k hp at 85 is kinda...weird. And like blues have pointed out before, a "theoretical 5.3 item" will have base stats in the thousands. And a "theoretical 6.3" item will have base stats in the tens of thousands. Blegh.
    And as Ghostcrawler has pointed out they were preparing to do the item "crunch" for MOP, but they decided to wait until the player base was screaming for it so they didn't log in one day and go "hmmm, Im doing 2k DPS. Game is broken, peace". It's one of those things that bothers some and not others. I would say the risk of scaling back those stats, at the present time, is probably greater than another expansion of their inflation. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the expansion after MoP we saw the stats scaled back.

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Its original fanbase is leaving - and with it, what WoW was is already dead.
    Really? Link me the source please... cause I know damn well that most of the old people I know still play!

Deleted
    this seems appropriate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fBjaa0odE

Every single thing blizzard do is proclaimed as the thing that will kill wow. this has been going on for years and is unlikely to change any time soon. whiners will find something to whine about and the game will keep on ticking

Quote Originally Posted by Troodi View Post
    They knew this problem, let it fester and kill their game.
    Yeah, I was sad when they turned the servers off too.

Core reason why people THINK it's dying; they get bored, start picking too much at blue posts and leave because they're bored.

That's all there's to it.

Why do you waste time discussing this matter? It's just theories and personal opinions, nothing else. WoW is 7 years old and people have been talking about the death of The King since the first expansion and even before that (source: My brothers) and guess what...it's still very much going and there will be plenty of people around to enjoy it for years to come. If I had to give an answer, I would say that WoW is laid to rest by Blizzard the day they can't make any more profit from it...and that's going to be waay into the future. Those that don't enjoy the game can just stop worrying so much about it, and those of us that do can just keep on playing happily. The "soul" of the game, the fun, the challenge and the reward = still there to be had if the individual feels that it's for him/her. What's the problem and what's all the butthurt about?

Discussing the death of a brand that's still so active and profitable is about as useful as discussing why some grass is a different shade of green where the sun doesn't shine and then slander the greener grass about its success of growing in the sun. It's pointless.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-06-16 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvlark View Post
    Seriously, now.. ASSUMING WoW dies, and assuming there is one single core reason, it'd be that WoW is a pretty old game. People will eventually get bored, and it will be increasingly hard for Blizz to bring fresh new things into the game that will not offend alot of people. All the while there are new games being released that will (usually) be fresh and appeal to atleast a part of the WoW playerbase.
    And I've heard rumblings of this thing called Titan, by the time wow's ready to "die" I have a feeling it'll have shown its face haha

Deleted
    C'mon everyone knows that the core reason is because you're tired of the game and have played too much, not a design issue, not a new update, you've simply just grown tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lvlark View Post
    Contrary to popular ignorance, there's always new people being born into this world, growing up and after a while trying their hand at games. WoW and other games will always be new to new generations and people trying them for the first time. I would be very surprised if WoW ever declines below the 1 million marker, really. Especially the day when they make it F2P with minor maintenance, if that day ever comes. Let's say they made changes to make all content relevant (downscaling system and such) and then left it there, people would keep busy for many years with the game at that state.

"People" do get bored, yes. "People" also try it for the first time or they simply do NOT get bored. It's not as simple as 1 2 3, black or white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xStandeR View Post
    Really? Link me the source please... cause I know damn well that most of the old people I know still play!
    Yes they're playing and guess what...Paying 15 euro/month for 8 hours raiding if you're a raider?
    About pvp anyone nowdays avoid to engage with the opossite faction something that works well in Av/isle of conq..
    How can you cal pvp/duels etc.... if pvp players are simply playing Pve? Avoid pvp ...GO GO kill boss.
    Gear up in pve? ? For what purpose knowing that you already gonna switch gear with the 1st Green item...in Mop , I Miss 1 trinket atm and i dont think that is worth to obtained it just for a 0.5% boost in an already over expansion won't help me further..

Old players yes...they keep paying and playing this game like they're we're always doing the point is that from 40 active raiders we dont have even right now to do a 10-man since people actually got Bored.
    Farm what? Enjoy what? They simply went off right now in Cata especially with cata model and if this is going to be the same with Mop then again the same..

And after all Blizz give the chance for people to choose..
    Last edited by mmoc66990be288; 2012-06-16 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblazer View Post
    Yes they're playing and guess what...Paying 15 euro/month for 8 hours raiding if you're a raider?
    About pvp anyone nowdays avoid to engage with the opossite faction something that works well in Av/isle of conq..
    How can you cal pvp/duels etc.... if pvp players are simply playing Pve? Avoid pvp ...GO GO kill boss.
    Gear up in pve? ? For what purpose knowing that you already gonna switch gear with the 1st Green item...in Mop , I Miss 1 trinketand atm and i dont think that is worth to obtained it just for a 0.5% boost in an already over expansion won't help me further..

Old players yes...they keep paying and playing this game like they're we're always doing the point is that from 40 active raiders we dont have even right now to do a 10-man since people actually got Bored.
    Farm what? Enjoy what? They simply went off right now in Cata especially with cata model and if this is going to be the same with Mop then again the same..

Your post didn't make much sense.

1. You don't raid to get gear, you get gear to raid. Any serious raider will be set on downing bosses, and no matter how much skill they have the gear is the TOOL, not the main reward. The lasting reward is in the experience, the titles, the mounts and nowadays getting sets to mogg.

2. I know plenty of old players, they don't pay 15 euro a month for 8 hours of raiding per week. They do PVP, farm mobs, earn gold, play with friends, level alts...they PLAY. But, if someone wants to pay 15 euro a month just for the raiding then I'd say that's a pretty good deal to them anyway.

3. You might not have many active raiders, others do. Just because you experience something, that doesn't mean everyone's having the same experience or problem. Guilds have been breaking up and losing players since Vanilla, others have been solid since Vanilla and still are.

People getting bored is a natural thing, either they get bored overall with the game or the current expansion when its at the finish line. That doesn't mean the game is poorly designed (on the contrary in this case) or bad, that just means individuals are always going to be different. Others (such as me) are still happily playing and enjoying themselves despite the fact that we're at the end of an expansion.

How about people learn that just because they see the world in a certain light, that doesn't mean everyone does? Play the game if you enjoy it, skip playing if you don't. It's such an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Asian subscriptions aren't calculated the same way as Western subs Quick research can show you this.
    And the point remains a paying account is a paying account regardless of where the subscriber is located or how much they pay. Stop trying to pretend Asian players don't count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Facepalm.

Another one of these threads?

WoW has 10 million active subscribers. If that's dead, I'm a shoe.

I'm certainly not a shoe.
    Op didn't say anything about subscribers, read before answering...
    Last edited by mmoc1d50ffe987; 2012-06-16 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblazer View Post
    Gear up in pve? ? For what purpose knowing that you already gonna switch gear with the 1st Green item...in Mop , I Miss 1 trinket atm and i dont think that is worth to obtained it just for a 0.5% boost in an already over expansion won't help me further..

This is a nightmare to read.