Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Junblat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Warlockville, Lebanon
    Posts
    936
    So you are going to quit because a game designer running the game for over than 6 years didnt take what a player had to say ?

    There is no core reason that wow is dying, because wow isnt dying.
    <--- Armory

    Uulwi gag erh'ongg w'ssht

  2. #22
    Brewmaster Cairm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    1,418
    When the difference between the weakest player and the best player in term of gear is that small. Of course you need to reset it so everyone starts back at 0. The difference with Vanilla > BC > Wrath is that alot more people get the best gear possible. Im not talking about heroic mode DS gear. Im talking here about even the regular DS gear. If the difference was a couple of tier between the best and the worst, it wouldn't be that big of a problem. When only 1% had Naxxramas 40 on farm, the designer developped the game around the majority that wasn't that geared.

    Hence why people killed Illidan while wearing T3 (or Kael, dont remember...). It was good like that. Because the majority felt dragged toward being better and having beter gear. It was also rewarding for the best to play as they could force themselves throught content easily. Now. they have to do a full reset or else they can't tell people with bad gear to live with it, as they are the majority.

  3. #23
    I might have taken your concerns seriously if you hadn't decided to become another prophet foretelling the death of WoW.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Facepalm.

    Another one of these threads?

    WoW has 10 million active subscribers. If that's dead, I'm a shoe.

    I'm certainly not a shoe.
    You're my hero.
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral Asuna-San's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Outside Coral Village
    Posts
    1,173
    WoW is not 'dead' until there's 0 subs and it goes F2P.
    If we make it back to the real world, I'll find you. And fall in love with you all over again. - Yuuki Asuna

  6. #26
    3/10

    Not very intelligent, but a few people have bought it, so I give ya points for that.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lion's Arch
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevonne View Post
    It smacks of desperation, at least to me, that one would have to lurk around the forums of a game they no longer enjoy. The only constant in life is change. Even if you stand still, you are sliding backwards as the world goes on. So be kind to yourself. Find another game and delve into it to find the old joy you say WoW is lacking. Or come back to WoW and play it without judgement. You might find its still tons of fun.
    These boards talk about more games than WoW - imagine that!
    Just because a person is no longer subbed doesn't mean they can't express their opinion on the game. Hell, I could talk about Zelda and I no longer play that :P

  8. #28
    WoW is dead but soon the world ends in December so don't feel bad! (sarcasm btw)

  9. #29
    Gear resets feel a bit "game abstraction" to me, but I'd rather re-gear every year or so then stop playing because the game stopped updating, or because I don't need new gear because the gear I got 5 years ago capped my crit and hit and haste and now its just redundancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

    http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

  10. #30
    Oh look, another one of these threads.

    When are they gonna be a bannable offense?

  11. #31
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating it..

  12. #32
    The higher levels we get (and the better gear gets), the bigger the "reset" will be. Simple mathematics.

    Unless they get rid of this and have us become gods. If this happens, I'm definitively changing to the "super Saiyan" hairstyle and name-changing to Goku. Perhaps going troll mage and macroing "Ka-me-ha-me HA!" to every attack.

    Just Saiyan.
    "But the real thing about Draenor is that it's a very kind of savage place, it's kind of like Australia where 11/10 things will kill you, giants and poisonous plants and everything. I think it's going to be really cool." Ray Cobo

  13. #33
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh look, another one of these threads.

    When are they gonna be a bannable offense?
    Soon™

    Hopefully!
    Heard on the forums regarding Warriors in 5.4;
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    YOU'RE the problem if you're having trouble with warriors, not warriors being overpowered.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lion's Arch
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    WoW has 10 million active subscribers.
    More than 50% of the playerbase is in China and they are shedding players like no tomorrow.
    75% of US realms are dead as dirt.
    10 million - hahahahaha

    They could say 100 million for all I care, my "medium pop" realm had no more than 150 players on at any given time.

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,227
    Gear gains are just a fact of life in the game. It's a design choice that's worked fairly well for almost eight years, and most of us don't have a problem with it.

    In terms of play speed, I don't see anything wrong with how fast/slow you kill most mobs in WoW. It's usually quick and cathartically mindless... Try playing SWTOR for combat that's just complicated enough to be both boring but something you can't stop paying attention to. WoW's got the balance right.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Soon™

    Hopefully!

    I wouldnt have high hopes on that since wow and blizzard bashing is the most fun some people have it seems like. Gotta give blizzard and wow credit than since they made something so bad that the whiners can go on and on and on about trashing. Really shouldnt be hard to find a better game and forget about wow and blizzard and everything around it so to speak.

    Anyway key reason it have slowed down is the economy it is all about the economy. extravagance stuff is the first that gets cut if your budget is tight. And a wow sub is one of those things that gets cut early when $$$ is tight

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    More than 50% of the playerbase is in China and they are shedding players like no tomorrow.
    75% of US realms are dead as dirt.
    10 million - hahahahaha

    They could say 100 million for all I care, my "medium pop" realm had no more than 150 players on at any given time.
    Whatever you might think, doesn't change the fact that there are 10.2 million subscribers, and that your completely wrong.

  18. #38
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    More than 50% of the playerbase is in China and they are shedding players like no tomorrow.
    75% of US realms are dead as dirt.
    10 million - hahahahaha

    They could say 100 million for all I care, my "medium pop" realm had no more than 150 players on at any given time.
    Nice stats! I bet they are accurate. Only thing I can think of is this; http://www.bothsidesofthetable.com/2...s-are-made-up/

    If you are too lazy to read it; TLDR is that you're talking out of your ass.

    Next!
    Heard on the forums regarding Warriors in 5.4;
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    YOU'RE the problem if you're having trouble with warriors, not warriors being overpowered.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotesbart View Post
    Its why Samus always lost her shit at the start of each game. If you got to play a Metroid sequel with the entire kit from the previous game, there would be basically nothing to obtain.

    Sometimes it makes more sense for your abilities/equipment to break/be taken.

    Imagine Megaman II with all of the cannons from Megaman I. And so on and so forth.

    Gear resets are nothing new. Sure, it wouldn't have needed to be as extreme as in WoW. For example, in EQ every level my skills increased by 5, and it was noticable. We still frequently raided old content, because gear was useful from many sources, even across expansions in some cases. But that also caused gear to be less important.

    You really can't have it both ways. Your new gear can't be very powerful without your old gear being unviable by then. It would have been nice to not see greens supplant "phat purpz", but some had to go. I kept my tier bonus until I started getting blues at least in cataclysm, and that's probably the best you can hope for.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

  20. #40
    Every day we can see from MMO-Champion's opening page what is WoW's problem. All we see are...

    - new pets
    - new mounts
    - new druid forms
    - new tooltip icons
    - new cast animations
    - etc.

    ...in short, everything that's NON-ESSENTIAL to the game! While devs are busy with meaningless cosmetic changes, they are leaving class tuning and lore to what seems like a bunch of monkeys throwing darts at random numbers.

    Let's take Dragon Soul for example, WoW's current endgame. 7 months out and they haven't even bothered to fix the jump bug on Madness that randomly causes players to fall to their deaths. But how many new pets and mounts have they pooped out during that time? I've lost count.

    THAT attitude is what is going to be the death of WoW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevonne View Post
    The only constant in life is change. Even if you stand still, you are sliding backwards as the world goes on.
    Not all change, not all new ideas are automatically good just because they are new. Common sense says we should keep what's proven to be good and try to develop what's still lacking. But what Blizz has done with WoW during Cata and now wit MoP has been using a hammer to brutally shatter everything into pieces, including all the things that are already ok, and then use talentless morons as devs to shape the game into their own image - shallow, dull, boring and stupid.
    Last edited by Gahmuret; 2012-06-15 at 12:46 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •