Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    There was actually a recent discovery about zombification/mind control but by a type of wasp. The wasp lays eggs within a caterpillar which then allows the grub to eat their way out. However not killing the caterpillar and leaving behind one grub, the rest start to spin cocoons outside the host and the infected caterpillar then attaches itself to the cocoons. The caterpillar then serves as a guardian stopping any predators by thrashing its body around and knocking them away from the cocoons till they hatch.

On a side note - NOTHING creeps me out more than host invading parasites.

Deleted
    THis is pretty damn old, also humans are immune to it, as far as i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty easy for these symptoms to occur in such small, simple organisms. In human beings? Not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew about this fungus 6 years ago, and I'm sure it was old news when I learned about it. Besides from that, it is one smart fungus=].
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Zombies ARE undead.. what 28 days / weeks later shows are rage virus infected humans who can die to starvation. Unless they die, come back to life and start eating others of their kind they are not zombies.

No, were not next, because such a fungus would take more time to evolve than the amount of time humans have even exited on earth. We would also exterminate any such species of fungus if it began to rear its head.