Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntha View Post
    yep swtor will be pay to win with in the next 6 months and it will make EA tons of money, but you want get the top grade content that BW would have hope to put out. Also it would work out cheaper for the player to just pay a monthly sub than all the crap that will be tied into the cash shop.
    why wont you get content? why would people pay to win at the content, if they didnt add new content for people to win at?

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 01:32 PM ----------

Cata did bring back the subs, it wasnt untill after Cata went live that the subs started to fall, resulting in a 1,8 million loss

Swtor hit the high street WoW subs stayed at 10.2 million, you can say it is swtor that has taken the subs off wow this year due to swtor losing more subs than wow has so far, but blizzard knows that they have the next xpac around the corner and they know that the subs will come back, for a short period of time. Thats how wow has always worked, thats why they are the market leaders and other companys such as EA and BW try to copy them.

what was it that EA said a few days ago, swtor free to play will bring in 50 million players..... really 50 million, i want what he smoked
    Cata subs didnt go up, they hit 12 million in wotlk it went down

EA didnt say that an analyst said that and it wasnt 50 million players , they said thats making it free to play opens it up to a larger audience which it does.

dude ever since the F2P announcment you've come on here pulling quotes and numbers out of your ass, at least try to make sure what you say did actually happen before you state it as face.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-09 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    you mean like cata did?

plus its not a whole xpac, theyre cutting bits out because they need to get it into Q3 to try to inflate their sub numbers.
    And because when the AP expires the numbers will drop even more.

Deleted
    Doing good ? Sub games are bleeding players on every front. Gosh, this is getting really boring. Who said WAR is doing good ? You said F2P is basically a sign of failure. I asked why then is WAR still P2P ? Either it must be doing good (which it doesn't) or F2P is a fresh (and succesful) direction for every future mmo there. Trying to defend a sub model is kind of pathetic with games like Guild War 2 soon out there.
    EA have shelved WAR, they have not had any new content for the past few years and are now down to 3 servers, its mostly played by players who enjoy the T1 free pvp... if you are a new player and go anywere near T4 endgame you die in one shot due to the massive and i mean massive gear diffrence.
    and Guild Wars 2 isnt free to play, its Buy to play with a cash shop, they make there money of box sales and silly items from the shop. swtor come november will be a free downlaod (read the faq)

You say that as if Activision/Blizzard don't milk their games. Let me remind you of an Annual Pass and the RMAH in Diablo 3.
    The annual pass worked out cheaper to buy than paying a 12 month sub, so yeah no brainer there, also blizzard do it right, if you want a faction change or move servers they charge you and make far more money, cleaver stuff.

We'll see how steady it was by the time next earning calls will be out.
    you cant count free to play players in the earning call, i doute that swtors numbers will go up, im guessing they will go down by a little or stay the same. if you think WoW wont get back the 1.1 million lost this year with MoP then you are a crazy fool.

I'd like an exact quotation of that statement please.
    its in the Statment from EA, on these very forums.

please, give me a proof of what you have just said ? because I would like to very much know, when exactly they said it's going to be pay to win
    wake up, do you really think a company like EA who has quoted that they wanted to charge the BF players to reload there rifles will not put in pay to win items in the cash shop? if you honestly think they will not and you take every word they say then more fool you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    And because when the AP expires the numbers will drop even more.
    annual pass wont hit till the quarter after, annual pass was 12 months from blizzcon which was end of October, i know because thats when my AP is up.

this quarter is July,aug,Sept

hence the slipping of the expack into the final release day available in Q3 and the raids following in October, you had to think the expac was scheduled to be released on October, but losing 1.1million MAU's and $50 million in revenue in quarter sped that up...so much for only releasing when it was done, ohhh old Skool blizzard i do miss thee.

no but i expect a forum mod to look after there forum with out putting any personl feeling into it and be as impartial as he can be, after all they are here to uphold the rules of the forums not bitch slap people for talk smack about there favourite game.
    No, it's against the rules to say "this is a crap game" without saying why it's a crap game. You can go to any forum and you'll get infracted for it. Go, do it in GW2 or D3, say "Crap game is crap game" and you'll get infracted.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Doing good ? Sub games are bleeding players on every front. Gosh, this is getting really boring. Who said WAR is doing good ? You said F2P is basically a sign of failure. I asked why then is WAR still P2P ? Either it must be doing good (which it doesn't) or F2P is a fresh (and succesful) direction for every future mmo there. Trying to defend a sub model is kind of pathetic with games like Guild War 2 soon out there.
    Every front? Me thinks you can't back that big statement up for shit.

We'll see how steady it was by the time next earning calls will be out.
    You'll be disappointed again I assure you, and you know you just basically admited defeat since you agree that it's seen a very sharp and very steady decline. Wait, you probably don't know you did, but you did.

I'd like an exact quotation of that statement please.
    Summary can be found here.
    http://www.swtor-life.com/editorial/...analysis/7054/

“The disappointing results of Star Wars: The Old Republic were largely offset by a powerful performance from Battlefield 3 Premium service“

Hey at least BF3 did good and managed to salvage the sunken ship a bit but not fully. Heck you can also see they call it a miss there, geeh a disappointment and a miss sure doesn't sound like a great success now does it?

please, give me a proof of what you have just said ? because I would like to very much know, when exactly they said it's going to be pay to win
    His statement can at least be backed by EA's history and biowares shoddy DLC practices along with the lies to the playerbase of SWTOR (monthly content updates my ass), which does cast serious doubts on the cash shop not affecting player performance in a very real manner. Now do you have a nice list of EA's fine treatment of players and how none of their F2P games sell significant power to players to leviate this perhaps? I'm asking because perhaps you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I've had enough of this arguing. This topic is a dead end with nothing new to contribute in and therefore should be closed, before it turns even worse.

Deleted
    annual pass wont hit till the quarter after, annual pass was 12 months from blizzcon which was end of October, i know because thats when my AP is up.

this quarter is July,aug,Sept

hence the slipping of the expack into the final release day available in Q3 and the raids following in October, you had to think the expac was scheduled to be released on October, but losing 1.1million MAU's and $50 million in revenue in quarter sped that up...so much for only releasing when it was done, ohhh old Skool blizzard i do miss thee.
    have you played MoP yet? you seem to think its not finished? looked rather good this morning on the PTR

they put out the date for MoP weeks before the call was made.

Guild Wars 2 isnt free to play, its Buy to play with a cash shop, they make there money of box sales and silly items from the shop. (read the faq)
    GW2 is like most other games you buy it and its free to play the cash shop is only an option if you want things a little faster, you can buy anything from that shop using in game money if you so wish.

MoP will not bring WoW over 10 mill again and even with the possible subs coming back for MoP many more will keep unsubbing, WoW is in its final years and will slowly kill itself till its most likely just f2p with no further support as im sure blizz will make another MMO to takes its place since wow is getting too old for current times. There is not much else blizz can do to make WoW more interesting and thats what will drive even more subs away.

ToR is here to stay and will only improve as time goes by.

Deleted
    Honestly I've had enough of this arguing. This topic is a dead end with nothing new to contribute in and therefore should be closed, before it turns even worse.
    so if you cant back up your statments and now see that what we are saying is right you want the thread to be locked?

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    GW2 is like most other games you buy it and its free to play the cash shop is only an option if you want things a little faster, you can buy anything from that shop using in game money if you so wish.

MoP will not bring WoW over 10 mill again and even with the possible subs coming back for MoP many more will keep unsubbing, WoW is in its final years and will slowly kill itself till its most likely just f2p with no further support as im sure blizz will make another MMO to takes its place since wow is getting too old for current times. There is not much else blizz can do to make WoW more interesting and thats what will drive even more subs away.

ToR is here to stay and will only improve as time goes by.
    were is your sourse to back up your claims that wow will not make 900k subs with MoP? and that they will still lose them?

also swtor may or may not still be here, but its going to be a long long long time before wow goes free to play and by that time i expect to see blizzards new flag ship mmo. Also if it hasnt imporved since launch some may say its has, from my 7 months of play it did get a littl bit better, why has it still lost so many subs?
    Last edited by mmoccebea20370; 2012-08-09 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    have you played MoP yet? you seem to think its not finished? looked rather good this morning on the PTR

they put out the date for MoP weeks before the call was made.
    you think they just monitor the numbers once a quarter before the conference call, the numbers for their qurter were april/May/June, they would have known the subscriber numbers june 30th, they announced the release date July 27th, they knew the numbers for 30 days

Nope i'm finished with WoW, im an old school TBCer who doesnt like the direction they've taken the game, and doesnt like the Pandaria theme, ive had access to the game with the annual pass, but not getting any content after the terribad Dragon soul raid just put an exclaimation mark on it and ive not logged in since february and ive not tried the beta since the first day. until they release faster content and a update of the character models im not going back.

were is your sourse to back up your claims that wow will not make 900k subs with MoP? and that they will still lose them?
    its common sense, Pandaria isnt being released in china, which is their biggest source of buffing their subscription numbers, they saw their greatest loss in china last quarter, hows that going to look for another quarter without content.

Throw in competition from other games(GW2), its a smaller market for them, it wont be until Pandaria is released in china that they have a shot of getting back to 10 million players (not subscribers)
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-09 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so if you cant back up your statments and now see that what we are saying is right you want the thread to be locked?
    No I just think what we all are saying is the same sh*t that has been said over thousand times. You say one thing I counter it with another and there is no way to end it. Don't recall when you exactly backed up any of yours statements except the quotation from EA's report, and they didn't say it is a fail. They just said, it has dissapointing results. It all goes back to people's taste, I like it therefore I'll stay optimistic about it. You and other WoW fa... I mean other forum members don't like it and stay ultra pesimistic about it.

The annual pass worked out cheaper to buy than paying a 12 month sub, so yeah no brainer there, also blizzard do it right, if you want a faction change or move servers they charge you and make far more money, cleaver stuff.
    Don't forget they also release new content sparingly which cuts down on developement cost. That is clever as well.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    you think they just monitor the numbers once a quarter before the conference call, the numbers for their qurter were april/May/June, they would have known the subscriber numbers june 30th, they announced the release date July 27th, they knew the numbers for 30 days

Nope i'm finished with WoW, im an old school TBCer who doesnt like the direction they've taken the game, and doesnt like the Pandaria theme, ive had access to the game with the annual pass, but not getting any content after the terribad Dragon soul raid just put an exclaimation mark on it and ive not logged in since february and ive not tried the beta since the first day. until they release faster content and a update of the character models im not going back.
    thats down to you dude, i for one am enjoying my past week back in wow (resubbed 1 Aug)

but i wont play or give EA/BW anymore of my money for swtor due to there lack on content, the cash shop that is now going to be the main focus of the game and the player base that free to play games attract.

How long will it be before you see a coka cola add on a billboard on Nar Shaddaa?

Deleted
    t

but i wont play or give EA/BW anymore of my money for swtor due to there lack on content, the cash shop that is now going to be the main focus of the game and the player base that free to play games attract.
    Why would the cash shop be the main focus.

What would all the cash shop crap you can buy be worth it if people didnt have content to go and use their cash shop items on?

hmm so you wont give BW/EA your money for lack of content (3 patches since December) but you will to Blizzard ( 0 patches since December) hmmmm ?

Deleted
    No I just think what we all are saying is the same sh*t that has been said over thousand times. You say one thing I counter it with another and there is no way to end it. Don't recall when you exactly backed up any of yours statements except the quotation from EA's report, and they didn't say it is a fail. They just said, it has dissapointing results. It all goes back to people's taste, I like it therefore I'll stay optimistic about it. You and other WoW fa... I mean other forum members don't like it and stay ultra pesimistic about it.
    im far from a wow fanboy, ive only just resubbed to the game.

i beta tested swtor for 8 months
    payed £150 for the collecters edtion
    and was an active player in the game from 12.00hr 13th december 2011 wave 1

some may have called me a swtor fan boy. What changed, the free to play crap and EA taking over the game, thats what changed. Im just not supporting a game that will be sold down the river for quick cash from the cash shop.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 02:07 PM ----------

Why would the cash shop be the main focus.

What would all the cash shop crap you can buy be worth it if people didnt have content to go and use their cash shop items on?

hmm so you wont give BW/EA your money for lack of content (3 patches since December) but you will to Blizzard ( 0 patches since December) hmmmm ?
    3 patchs
    1.1 a minior update
    1.2 a new raid and class nerfs
    1.3 features that should have been in game at launch.

why do i not mind paying a sub to blizzard? well i dont mind paying £8.99 per month becuase i know what im getting for that money, i get access to the games servers i get free updates when blizzard put them out, also i get access to the full game.

why dont i do that in swtor? well just like games that are free to play, such as lotr, you can pay a sub just like for wow, but there are hiden charges, items that you must buy from the shop to be able to do quest and the like, crafting pattersn that are only available from the cash shop not from the game it self, also the game became a massive grind.

this is what i see swtor turning into come november, that is why im not paying a sub for it, as there is never just one monthly payment in a free to pay game, there is always hiden charges that you dont see or bother with untill you look at your bank statment.

There is still plenty Blizz can do with WoW. The static engine that does not lend itself well to rapid enviroment changes is the only thing that can hold it back (TOR engine seems to have same problem). TOR has advantage in IP/Story and in PvP, WoW has advantage in raiding. I can imagine both games being improved upon considerably. Can't say I trust either Blizz or BW to deliver however

also swtor may or may not still be here, but its going to be a long long long time before wow goes free to play and by that time i expect to see blizzards new flag ship mmo. Also if it hasnt imporved since launch some may say its has, from my 7 months of play it did get a littl bit better, why has it still lost so many subs?
    MoP doesnt bring anything new or good to the table, subs may increase and hold for a while but the trend will continue, player dont stay with wow for good after 6 years or so players get bored and pandas and pokemon will not keep them from quitting. Apart from 2 raid bosses the rest of cata was boring, that combined with 7-8 months before any new content gets added, whats to keep more from unsubbing, WoW has past its sell by date and just cant bring anything new to the tables to compete modern games.

ToR is a good game, LvLn was very good, pvp was very well done with good balance, healing classes done differently and a little more challenging, better combat, more ways to break up the leveling process, datacrons were a good addition for extra stats, yes the game needs a little more in the codex department for those achievement hunters but that can come in time.

Unfortunately in this age of MMOs the players have way too high expectations and that is a fact, if players wanted a little less then they would be much more happy with what they have, ToR is still here to stay and will pick up on lost subs over time when the f2p model is released. ToR as a game now have everything it needs to keep the players happy with further more improvements to come.

Sub MMOs are going to be a thing of the past, the F2P model or b2p with f2p content along with a optional sub is a high likely hood of the future of MMO gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There is still plenty Blizz can do with WoW. The static engine that does not lend itself well to rapid enviroment changes is the only thing that can hold it back (TOR engine seems to have same problem). TOR has advantage in IP/Story and in PvP, WoW has advantage in raiding. I can imagine both games being improved upon considerably. Can't say I trust either Blizz or BW to deliver however
    The future gamers will eventually start moaning about WoW graphics of which the current engine would need a complete overhaul, gamers always find something to QQ about though. I actually prefer ToR OPs rather than WoW raids, WoW has sucked at raiding content since ulduar, even though ToR started off a lil too easy I still enjoyed it as much if not more than I even did wow.

We gamers are never happy but I try to not QQ about anything and just do something else.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-08-09 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    MoP doesnt bring anything new or good to the table, subs may increase and hold for a while but the trend will continue, player dont stay with wow for good after 6 years or so players get bored and pandas and pokemon will not keep them from quitting. Apart from 2 raid bosses the rest of cata was boring, that combined with 7-8 months before any new content gets added, whats to keep more from unsubbing, WoW has past its sell by date and just cant bring anything new to the tables to compete modern games.

ToR is a good game, LvLn was very good, pvp was very well done with good balance, healing classes done differently and a little more challenging, better combat, more ways to break up the leveling process, datacrons were a good addition for extra stats, yes the game needs a little more in the codex department for those achievement hunters but that can come in time.

Unfortunately in this age of MMOs the players have way too high expectations and that is a fact, if players wanted a little less then they would be much more happy with what they have, ToR is still here to stay and will pick up on lost subs over time when the f2p model is released. ToR as a game now have everything it needs to keep the players happy with further more improvements to come.

Sub MMOs are going to be a thing of the past, the F2P model or b2p with f2p content along with a optional sub is a high likely hood of the future of MMO gaming.
    there are alot of new things in MoP, one the challenge thing is rather cool, if you want hard content you do them, they are for the hardcore player.

Id say Tor pvp is nothing more than stun, stun, stun an knockbacks, and the classes are far from balanced, the combat is just the same as wow apart from swtor does not have an auto attack, my sith mara was 100% the same as my arms warrior in wow, even down to how my skilled worked its almost like bioware copy and pasted wow warriors into the game.

datacrons are nice, if you are body type 1-2 and can get them all, they have yet to fix a few that cant be got by body type 3s.

If Tor had everything it needed to keep the players happy then it would not have lost over 1 million subs in under 7 months.. period.

only compay to say sub model is the thing of the past is EA and swtor is the reason why as they dont want more egg on there face.

only compay to say sub model is the thing of the past is EA and swtor is the reason why as they dont want more egg on there face.
    Pretty sure Valve, Riot and ANET all say sub model (the old school version WoW/TOR is using now) is thing of the past. Only reason Blizz can afford to sustain WoW with the quality of service they offer is lack of capable competitors. Once those emerge the 80% plus profit margin on WoW will be hard burden to carry for Blizz.