Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    There's no reason to be optimistic about this needless possible change either though.

Going F2P certainly will not mean the same game as it is right now and I mostly like how the subs work, especially right now as they pump out all these changes with promising content on thee way. If I had to pay directly for that junk I wouldn't be looking forward to it as much.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 08:51 PM ----------

They shouldn't be jerks about it and try and cover anything up. If they are planning on doing what people are suspecting I think we have a right to know so I can cancel my sub right now since the game has no future.

If that's the decision they want to make they should know people like me will leave and they will have to deal with it since they obviously think they will make my loss back when people buy their piddly items.
    I've been saying the same thing about the space expansion since like... December.

That said, bioware has been surprisingly open about many things. Just the things they don't talk about are very important. lol.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    When? Honest ignorance here from my part. But when was that shown? In wich games?
    Lets see...

DC Universe Online
    Star Trek Online
    Lord of The Rings Online
    Champions Online
    Pirates of the Burning Sea
    All Points Bulletin(APB)--dead game that was shut down,resurrected by another company and now going strong
    Last edited by Leodegrance; 2012-06-15 at 09:11 PM.

Honestly, I like this. I tried SW:TOR. I pre-ordered, and when I started playing I realized that it was mediocre at best, and not enough to justify spending an extra $15/month on top of what I spend for WoW, so I unsubbed. Same thing with Rift. Now I would play SW:TOR if it was entirely free to play (talking like GW here, buy the game, no monthly sub, play to max level all you want, and NOT like LotRO where you have to buy/unlock quests past the starting areas, and have to unlock pretty much anything unless you want to just kill mobs to level and never do any questing or dungeons), because I wouldn't feel like I'm putting money into something that I only play once in a while and won't devote a lot of time to.

So I say yes, go f2p.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2012-06-15 at 09:46 PM.

I imagine this is a case of adjusting the site picture within EA. EA bought one of the best single player developers in Bioware, used the most valuable IP in the business with Star Wars, and assumed this mix would print money. Now that the suits have failed in earning the expected ROI, they are exploring all options to salvage what they can. I bet there is a PowerPoint somewhere in EA that has the actual and projected sub numbers, and the projected numbers of the free to play or pay to win models. Which ever comes out on top is probably going to be the direction to go in. I'll put two caveats to that theory. Up to this point EA has not gone free to play with any of their MMOs, so there might be some corporate bias or hubris preventing it. Second, the royalties owed to Lucas Arts may make free to play not economically viable. Regardless, they have to reverse the downward trend in players, and F2P may be the quickest method to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    I guess that settles it. The game IS dead. If things are bad now, imagine once they go free to play.
    Yup game over. I mean it took Everquest 14 years to go to free to play yet Star Wars does it in 6 months ROFL. Hell even Aion lasted like 2.5 years before going F2play and that game was just terrible. This is just hilarious. Heres an idea. Maybe next time you release a MMO Bioware from day one try adding these things: working and non screwed up GTN, cross server PvP, cross server LFG, macros, remove ability bloat from every class but Inquisitor/Counselor and BH/Trooper so you dont have 30 abilities to worry about using. All of that would have kept this game from dying. Seriously did they honestly think they could get away without having cross server anything? Did they not see how bad Rift was before they added cross server LFG and how better things got once they did and the same for WoW?

Its like their Devs were just retarded. Hey lets see what works in every other MMO that makes the game more fun for people and then NOT add it to ours. Thats like starting a new car company and building cars without engines, doors, AC, stereo, wheels, tires, and breaks and then selling it to people and then promising them that they are working on adding all that stuff that was left off and at some point they might get a working car.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-06-15 at 11:15 PM.

Hey, I'll probably play it if it goes F2P. Seemed like a decent game when I played it, but I wasn't willing to pay a subscription for it.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Hey, I'll probably play it if it goes F2P. Seemed like a decent game when I played it, but I wasn't willing to pay a subscription for it.
    F2play doesnt usually mean its free. When Everquest went F2Play you could only make like 3 classes from only 4 races. Also you got limited GM/CR service and some of my items didnt even work. They also limited the amount of plat you could have and wouldnt even let you use their AH system which was the bazaar. Also you couldnt use the mercs, their version of companions unless you upgraded to Gold, which funny enough, was the same monthly price you had always been paying. F2play is straight up false advertisement. Its free to log in thats about it. But in order to play like you could before the game went F2play you still have to keep paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what really pisses me off about all of this. It's not that you guys are making a big deal about all of this, as there is no definite word on this. It's that MMOC moderator Chaud decided to post news about SWTOR but never onced posted the expansion introduction of RIFT or anything regarding GW2 betas...

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    You know what really pisses me off about all of this. It's not that you guys are making a big deal about all of this, as there is no definite word on this. It's that MMOC moderator Chaud decided to post news about SWTOR but never onced posted the expansion introduction of RIFT or anything regarding GW2 betas...

Maybe because BioWare spent so much money on this game and it sank faster than the Titanic?

Post constructively and on topic please. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-06-15 at 11:37 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% on board if it goes F2P. If there is something I want or I feel is worthwhile to me I have no problems laying out cash for it; a new mount, new planet with quests, new pvp map pack, etc. There are plenty of games out there that are successful as F2P or B2P (many FPS console games have DLC at an additional cost...and those are wildly successful...I see no difference).

If they try to pull P2win I'll burn it at the stake.

I'd LOVE for it to become F2P... then I could play it again, just whenever I felt like it. I hope they go through with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played since launch, and I am still playing. Not sure if I am going to like f2p or not, we will see. I dont understand all the hate about the game, no its not WoW, but I still find it very enjoyable to play. Luckily, I am on one of the busiest servers, Jedi Covenant, actually had a 2 min wait time to log in last night...so Its not that dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd certainly come back to play it if it's free to play. I suppose some sort of a cash shop, offering companions, cosmetics and such, would be introduced? As long as it's not P2W, it'd be a game worth playing again.

Deleted
    i hope they don't just go f2p + cash shop, but rather experiement a bit more. For exemple, i would be interested to see an hybrid system
    For exemple taking wow as exemple since that's the game most of us are most familier with, instead the current 1000valor /1650conquest/7donjons per week caps you had a 200valor/300conquest/1donjon per week cap in F2P mode. Still playable gear-wise in f2p but just barely.
    You'd then have the option of either paying :
    15$ for a month member status affecting your whole account or a 1$ for a raise in either valor OR conquest cap affecting a SINGLE character for a week.
    The monthly membership is obviously more cost effective but if you have a single toon you might want to reconsider. Or if you only do pvp then single upgrades might be better.

If they do decide to move it to F2P I think it's a very good decision. Contrary to what "most" people would like you to believe, a transition to F2P status does not mean it's a last-ditch effort by the developers to save a dying game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    If they do decide to move it to F2P I think it's a very good decision. Contrary to what "most" people would like you to believe, a transition to F2P status does not mean it's a last-ditch effort by the developers to save a dying game.
    Lord of the Rings Online seems to be doing okay.

Just thought of putting this here, just in case. Though its a moot point. Detractors of the game wont listen to reason. Its like trying to argue with a fundamentalist.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/sta...lead-designer/

The article that sparked this entire shitstorm is GONE.

make of that what you will.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

been waiting for this since it went live time to have a good laugh as my guildquitters come crawling back for mop from their "BEST MMO EVER GUIZELOL"

Please post constructively in the future. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-06-16 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    make of that what you will.
    Someone spoke more than he should and all efforts were made to remove the article in the attempt of controlling PR damage? Sounds plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Maybe because BioWare spent so much money on this game and it sank faster than the Titanic?
    Free to play or Pay to play are both successful methods for companies to use to gain revenue, and they work for Guild Wars 2. People who don't believe that are idiots.

And this game isn't bad, you idiots had insane expectations for a game at launch and expected something ground breaking, despite most of you praising it during the beta.