Page 1 of 3
LastLast

It is clear: Organised Crime is behind the Diablo 3 hate

And these crime organisations use EVERY tool possible to try to kill this game. Even taken it to unseen proportions.

Why can we say this ?

1. The argument of being on line is misued. For YEARS there have been games that need an online internet connection. ALL MMO's, ALL web browser games, DOTA kind of games, 50% of ALL I PAD games etc...

The fact that NOW noob consumer organisations are being used (Germany, France, Korea) to complain about an on line game only ... simply shows the hacker/duper industry and Gold Maffia (which already represented a multi billion black market) are ACTING upon the protection schemes of Diablo 3.

2. The same goes for the in game RMAH which simply puts the control of selling virtual goods back into the hands of the publisher, the CREATOR of the game.

3. The HUGE hating campaign against this on line only game - so called through Metacritic - was simply orchestred as THOUSANDS of games already are on line only but these games ... didn't have a RMAH.

The 2 combined (RMAH and on line play) are reponsible for these crazy reactions of the black markets.

The fact "innocent" and official consumer organisations are being used shows how BIG these illegal crime organisations really are.

These crooks already fxxcked up the music industry. Now with all their controls gone and the POSSIBLE threat of having no longer a black market of copying/duping PC games, Diablo 3 is under ever growing assault of attacks from these guys.

--- > And this maffia is using the SAME techniques as they used in the music industry: they try to gain the support of the consumers (by trying to let them believe a free copy of a game is always worthwhile.--- the problem is: these guys gains MILLIONS from the work of others).

I think it is about time we raise our voices against the THIEVES/dupers/crackers ...

As far as I got it, the complaint in Germany was that it wasn't clearly stated on the box that Diablo 3 always requires a internet connection to play and the server problems that prevented players to log in at release.
    There was no complaint about the online connection requirement of the game itself.

i had to make an account just to tell you how stupid you are.

Diablo as a franchise has never been online only until Diablo 3. The online aspect of Diablo 3 is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Blizzard game prior to D3. Even Starcraft II has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection. As for the RMAH, Blizzard is taking the fact that there is a readily available auction house, regardless of if it is the RMAH or the gold AH, into account when considering loot tables and drop percentages. Which basically says Blizzard is forcing you into using one of the two to gear up instead of actually playing the game in the first place.

Deleted
    My eyes are bleeding... What did I just read

Seriously man, that makes absolutely no sense.

What drug is this guy on?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    My eyes are bleeding... What did I just read

Seriously man, that makes absolutely no sense.
    Actualy I think it explains it all.

The ONLY ones really HURT by the on line nature and full control of an in game RMAH are ... the illegal gold sellers and hackers/dupers of the gaming industry. D2 was a WET DREAM for these hackers/item sellers.

Since the Gold selling (and account thefts/ hacking of software) was already calculated in the past and represented ... a MULTI billion black market ... I think you see the motivation of these guys already to attack this Blizzard initiative.

Logical even.

WHY would there be such a massive campaign against on line play... IF there are already THOUSANDS of only ONLY games on the market ???

Could you explain that please? ,No ? Ok then: we have the motive, we have the means, we see the end result.

Hate against the on line play and in game RMAH.... which puts these duping/hacking guys out of business....
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-06-15 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    tl;dr: Mafia hates D3?
    Nice job OP, really well.

Kniveslegato summed it up well.
    Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft were offline.
    Starcraft 2 required you to log in every couple of days for about 5minutes.
    D3 requires constant connection.

And the whole RMAH, yeah, it's GREAT!
    Design the whole game on needing loot you can't access yet, to get further in the game, which means either you need to spend heaps of Gold *Due to Blizzard screwing up, and letting people put heaps of cash into the economy* or buy things, with majority of the proceeds going to Blizzards pockets, which just makes them think they should keep doing stuff like this.

I've sold about 5 items for $24 dollars so far. 15% tax apparently. (I HAVE IT SENT TO MY BATTLE.NET ACCOUNT)
    I got paid 2$ out of the $24.
    Someone explain how that is 15%?

AND YES, I KNOW MATHS. There was 5 different items. But 15% of each of those items didn't equal to 22$....
    They stole mah money.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by kniveslegato View Post

Diablo as a franchise has never been online only until Diablo 3. The online aspect of Diablo 3 is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Blizzard game prior to D3. Even Starcraft II has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection. As for the RMAH, Blizzard is taking the fact that there is a readily available auction house, regardless of if it is the RMAH or the gold AH, into account when considering loot tables and drop percentages. Which basically says Blizzard is forcing you into using one of the two to gear up instead of actually playing the game in the first place.
    Silly argument/ Diablo 3 is now on line because it HAS a Blizzard controlled economy, which puts the maffia out of business since Blizzard has now full control on their servers.

Even a CHILD of 10 would understand you can't create an in game economy with local copies of software to crack anything...
    Explain what a "franchise" has anything to do with protecting an in game economy ???

SC2 has no economy or RMAH to crack. That's a very simple answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Actualy I think it explains it all.

The ONLY ones really HURT by the on line nature and full control of an in game RMAH are ... the illegal gold sellers and hackers/dupers of the gaming industry. D2 was a WET DREAM for these hackers/item sellers.

Since the Gold selling (and account thefts/ hacking of software) was already calculated in the past and represented ... a MULTI billion black market ... I think you see the motivation of these guys already to attack this Blizzard initiative.

Logical even.

WHY would there be such a massive campaign against on line play... IF there are already THOUSANDS of only ONLY games on the market ???

Could you explain that please? ,No ? Ok then: we have the motive, we have the means, we see the end result.

Hate against the on line play and in game RMAH.... which puts these duping/hacking guys out of business....
    People will buy gold off websites because it's cheaper than what blizzard sells them for.
    People have been buying gold for the last couple of weeks.
    People duped the gold, so there is HEAPS of it in the economy.

IT'S ONLINE, NOT ON LINE!
    I hate the fact I need to be online to enjoy it.
    I travel, I don't have access to internet 24/7.

Get your facts right, they made it online to try to stop people playing it without paying for it.
    There are more account thefts than ever because you can make profit off gear now.
    Multi billion dollar black market on Diablo items, yo serious?

Stop drinking coffee/drugs, and go stay in a freezer and CHILL THE HELL DOWN!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kniveslegato View Post

Except for the part where they said that drop rates were tuned without the AH in mind ... ppl just want to go in inferno kill 3 bosses and be in best gear when in fact diablo 2 took months if not years of farming for best gear and even then it wasn't 100% that you would have it ...
    Also they said that if they had the tech for online only they would've done the same with diablo2... but ppl didn't have almost permanent internet connections back then... heck most ppl didn't have internet connections at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    wall of text
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold ... players sell gold, and I can assure you it'll be cheaper than any black market gold seller...

and boo hoo u travel a lot... Ofc it's online only ... they want to max out profits and if it had an offline mode lots of ppl would've just pirated it and then never touch it... but with it being online many of those said ppl bought it... not all, maybe not even half but still more money for blizz ...

Only problem I have with online only is that I die like a stupid ass on my DH coz of that 50ms latency... I'm way out of melee mob's reach and yet they hit me FUUU!
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2012-06-15 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mafia like controlling Diablo3 and it's item duping and hack.

Man, I find you funny. Stay awhile, and I'll keep listening to your BS.

You remind me of a Blizzard Forum Mod.
    Makes no sense, and has zero idea about what is going on.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Except for the part where they said that drop rates were tuned without the AH in mind ... ppl just want to go in inferno kill 3 bosses and be in best gear when in fact diablo 2 took months if not years of farming for best gear and even then it wasn't 100% that you would have it ...
    Also they said that if they had the tech for online only they would've done the same with diablo2... but ppl didn't have almost permanent internet connections back then... heck most ppl didn't have internet connections at all.
    Link me this?

They can say heaps of stuff, it's obvious that it's a lie.
    I need Act3 gear to beat Act2, and the only way to do that was to play it in it's first week and use powerful spells now nerfed, or spend 200million Gold on one upgrade, or $50. Yeah cool.

Nah, just hipsters from /v/.

People will buy gold off websites because it's cheaper than what blizzard sells them for.
    People have been buying gold for the last couple of weeks.
    People duped the gold, so there is HEAPS of it in the economy.

IT'S ONLINE, NOT ON LINE!
    I hate the fact I need to be online to enjoy it.
    I travel, I don't have access to internet 24/7.

Get your facts right, they made it online to try to stop people playing it without paying for it.
    There are more account thefts than ever because you can make profit off gear now.
    Multi billion dollar black market on Diablo items, yo serious?

Stop drinking coffee/drugs, and go stay in a freezer and CHILL THE HELL DOWN!
    I said multi billion copying and gold industry in general. That has been proven and published in the past already.

Like I said: these guys have the means to react and I don't mind when I am attacked when pointing out very OBVIOUS things.

In fact the reasoning of I "travel a lot" was does that mean ? Are you gaming with a portable ? and so what do you NEED to play WOW LOL, DOTA, any webbsrowers game always 24/7 too?

This the age of the Cloud generation and the IPAD... surely you can't breath 24/7 without them...

the always on line requirement applies to THOUSANDS of games these days... so it is INVALID to complain about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Or maybe people that prefer to also play offline when they travel, that may not have stable and fast internet connections (as almost 50% of all regions in Germany if you'd bother to look up statistics). People that prefer to play with friends on LAN...

About the RMAH: Ever considered that most people did not buy gear in D2? That those that did were just a minority of Hardcore-Players? That people would still prefer to not buy gear, but play for it? That the game was designed to force you to buy gear instead of just having the option?

Sigh... why do I even answer someone that posts this ****.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mafia like controlling Diablo3 and it's item duping and hack.

Man, I find you funny. Stay awhile, and I'll keep listening to your BS.

You remind me of a Blizzard Forum Mod.
    Makes no sense, and has zero idea about what is going on.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 05:13 PM ----------

Link me this?

They can say heaps of stuff, it's obvious that it's a lie.
    I need Act3 gear to beat Act2, and the only way to do that was to play it in it's first week and use powerful spells now nerfed, or spend 200million Gold on one upgrade, or $50. Yeah cool.
    It was in the Reddit AMAA I CBA to look it up for you but with the info provided you can look it up yourself

I see Jesse Ventura is scraping the bottom of the barrel for conspiracies for the next season of Conspiracy Theory.

Perhaps the Sasquatches are secretly behind the gold mining mafia cartels in attempt to distract the bigfoot hunters from finding them (sounds as plausible as anything in the original posters post).

It wouldn't have been difficult to create software architecture that permitted single player characters to be used offline, and simply disallow those characters from ever being used in the online environment. One can either view it as laziness; or as a deliberate attempt to place players in a position of temptation to use the RMAH and put more money into Blizzactivision's coffers.

I am disappointed it went this way, but I will still enjoy Diablo 3 for all it's worth and simply never touch the RMAH; I feel others should exercise a little self restraint if it is merely the RMAH they have objection to. And for those who are upset about the always online portion; there is a reason one should always read the system requirements dialogue on a piece of software. My sympathies are with people who bought the software and feel duped, but there was a reason your school teachers told you reading was important.

Deleted
    Diablo maffia, get me that shit your smoking mate, i could use some atm.

OT:
    I think the gold market is being controlled by a pink golden retriever (misleading name huh! That's why it's true)

GOLDen RETRIEVER

See the pattern!
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2012-06-15 at 07:24 AM.

If you're playing Diablo 3 and you use the auction house then the terrorist win. I see the new report on the foxnews right after call of duty report. They say they use the game to make the plots. I recently saw a man with rocket launcher walk down my street looking for strange teleport device to go to desert. Damn you blizz for support the terror.
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    It wouldn't have been difficult to create software architecture that permitted single player characters to be used offline, and simply disallow those characters from ever being used in the online environment. One can either view it as laziness; or as a deliberate attempt to place players in a position of temptation to use the RMAH and put more money into Blizzactivision's coffers.

I am disappointed it went this way, but I will still enjoy Diablo 3 for all it's worth and simply never touch the RMAH; I feel others should exercise a little self restraint if it is merely the RMAH they have objection to. And for those who are upset about the always online portion; there is a reason one should always read the system requirements dialogue on a piece of software. My sympathies are with people who bought the software and feel duped, but there was a reason your school teachers told you reading was important.
    It would have been IMPOSSIBLE to create another architecture.

Why ? because an off line mode would mean that the COMPLETE code would be needed on the CLIENT PC disk. And so the cracking would have come WEEKS before they even published the game.

Let alone that the economy could be assured with an OFF LINE client disk.

ANY 10 year old understands this, but apparently "some" players don't.

Do YOU know ANY bank in the world that let's you manipulate your account OFF line. Nope.

So the argument doesn't hold up. It is typical that people STILL want to discuss off line modes for an economic game with real money (to assure the black markets aren't stealing Blizzard's rights).

It ALSO happened in the music industry, : players and consumers are used to "think" they gain an advantage by copying things ... while the copying industry really only steals and makes money out of it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-06-15 at 07:25 AM.