Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kniveslegato View Post
    i had to make an account just to tell you how stupid you are.

Diablo as a franchise has never been online only until Diablo 3. The online aspect of Diablo 3 is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Blizzard game prior to D3. Even Starcraft II has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection.
    That's because SC2 has a single player campaign. That you can't play multiplayer. And you can't earn achievements while offline.

PS: No Diablo game has ever been "single player". You mean LAN mode. Diablo 1 was a LAN game, Diablo 2 had an online version (which everyone played) and a LAN version thrown in for backward compatibility, which had to be completely quarantined from each other due to the LAN version being wide open to hacks. Those hacks ruined D1 and D2's offline component to such an extent that there was no point in even playing them. In D3 they decided they didn't want to support an outdated and hackerific gameplay method like LAN when online was overwhelmingly dominant and the intended method of play.

Quote Originally Posted by kniveslegato View Post
    i had to make an account just to tell you how stupid you are.

Warcraft as a franchise has never been online only until World of Warcraft. The online aspect of World of Warcraft is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Blizzard game prior to World of Warcraft. Even Warcraft III has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection.
    Star Wars as a franchise has never been online only until Galaxies. The online aspect of Galaxies is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Star Wars game prior to Galaxies. Even Battlefront II has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection.

Star Trek as a franchise has never been online only until Star Trek Online. The online aspect of Star Trek Online is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Star Trek game prior to Star Trek Online. Even Starfleet Command III has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection.

Dungeons & Dragons as a franchise has never been online only until D&D: Online. The online aspect of D&D: Online is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Dungeons & Dragons game prior to D&D: Online. Even Neverwinter Nights II has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection.

Ultima as a franchise has never been online only until Ultima Online. The online aspect of Ultima Online is not what people are complaining about, they are complaining about the fact there is no offline single player which has existed in every incarnation of any Ultima game prior to Ultima Online. Even Ultima VIII has an offline campaign. AND you can access said campaign if you don't have an active internet connection.

You know, I could just go on and on. The OP is delving into conspiracy theory paranoia a little bit, but the fact of the matter is he's correct on one point: this is literally the first time in my memory that people made such a big deal about it being online only. Every previous time, people were just extremely excited about the fact that it was online all the time, despite all the previous games being primarily offline or even exclusively single-player.

He's right about the fact that it's extremely strange that people are so opposed to it, and there is a slight reek of propaganda detectable in it all. I think the "organized crime" angle is a little farfetched, but I still see a lot of propaganda against D3 that wasn't there against other games. I blame it on piracy primarily, secondarily on the "I don't want to play with others" attitude created by "social" networking sites that don't actually require you to interact real-time with others, also on the selective hype perpetrated by a lot of people that hadn't done much research into the game (which led to people thinking D3 was going to be something that it had been announced 4 years earlier to specifically not be), among some others.

Yeah, I think it's just bizarre that I never heard any of the other complaints (and even more) the likes of which I posted above this expository section, but now all those complaints are coming to surface in D3 (of all places, most MMO and always online games were based on properties which had been exclusively single player before the online version, D2 at least had a very active online aspect), especially when the online-only aspect of D3 had been announced long ago.

It boggles the mind.

It doesn't boggle the mind if you would see it as a reaction from that piracy crowd and a few hundred/thousand crooks making a living out of it by duping and gold selling in D2.

Suddenly all over the world, small groups of people complain about an on line game. Just as if there aren't already THOUSANDS of on line ONLY games already...

The difference is the added severe controls against the gold sellers who simply had a business before the introduction. That business is now threathened.

And of course these crooks manipulate normal customers for their cause... Just like what happened in the music and video industry.

Or people just don't like the game and are voicing their opinions just like those who like it are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And these crime organisations use EVERY tool possible to try to kill this game. Even taken it to unseen proportions.

Why can we say this ?

1. The argument of being on line is misued. For YEARS there have been games that need an online internet connection. ALL MMO's, ALL web browser games, DOTA kind of games, 50% of ALL I PAD games etc...

The fact that NOW noob consumer organisations are being used (Germany, France, Korea) to complain about an on line game only ... simply shows the hacker/duper industry and Gold Maffia (which already represented a multi billion black market) are ACTING upon the protection schemes of Diablo 3.

2. The same goes for the in game RMAH which simply puts the control of selling virtual goods back into the hands of the publisher, the CREATOR of the game.

3. The HUGE hating campaign against this on line only game - so called through Metacritic - was simply orchestred as THOUSANDS of games already are on line only but these games ... didn't have a RMAH.

The 2 combined (RMAH and on line play) are reponsible for these crazy reactions of the black markets.

The fact "innocent" and official consumer organisations are being used shows how BIG these illegal crime organisations really are.

These crooks already fxxcked up the music industry. Now with all their controls gone and the POSSIBLE threat of having no longer a black market of copying/duping PC games, Diablo 3 is under ever growing assault of attacks from these guys.

--- > And this maffia is using the SAME techniques as they used in the music industry: they try to gain the support of the consumers (by trying to let them believe a free copy of a game is always worthwhile.--- the problem is: these guys gains MILLIONS from the work of others).

I think it is about time we raise our voices against the THIEVES/dupers/crackers ...
    Nothing of what I read made any sense and was completely incoherent...
    The points you make conflict with one another, and at first it's goldsellers/hackers that are the culprits, then it seems to be corporations themselves that are the culprits.

Are you such a blinded fan that you can't accept that people don't actually like D3 or it's forced online DRM?

Nurse, my pills please!
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    A ALL MMO's, DOTA kind of games
    You know, you actually play those with other people.
    And you don't need internet connection for MOBA if you use LAN.
    And really, internet connection for browser games?

The ONLY ones really HURT by the on line nature and full control of an in game RMAH are ... the illegal gold sellers and hackers/dupers of the gaming industry.
    The massive amount of error 37-QQ disproves your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    My eyes are bleeding... What did I just read

Seriously man, that makes absolutely no sense.
    this.
    10chars

Please don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-06-15 at 11:35 AM.

if people think this is bad, you REALLY should have a look at BenBos posting history. i mean really, there are some classics in there that actually make this seem like the medicine was working when he wrote it.

i could focus on why some of the points are just plain wrong, but what is the point. there is literally zero chance of any of it getting through to him.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post

and boo hoo u travel a lot... Ofc it's online only ... they want to max out profits and if it had an offline mode lots of ppl would've just pirated it and then never touch it... but with it being online many of those said ppl bought it... not all, maybe not even half but still more money for blizz ...

Only problem I have with online only is that I die like a stupid ass on my DH coz of that 50ms latency... I'm way out of melee mob's reach and yet they hit me FUUU!
    So you're basically saying that because somebody travels a lot and doesn't have internet 100% of the time, that he is crying and wants sympathy from others? I personally think that online only is pretty stupid, but hey, what can we do about it? I mean most of us posting in this forum have the game already, so no point in talking about it really in my opinion.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

To LurkerOnly:

Online games of the series didn't have serial number but had "Online" added to their names.

We don't have product labeled as "Diablo Online". Heck, we don't even have it as "Diablo III Online". It is "Diablo III". All content in "Diablo III" is also soloable, unlike in those examples you provided.
    He's right about the fact that it's extremely strange that people are so opposed to it, and there is a slight reek of propaganda detectable in it all.
    Agree, it is extremely strange that people bought single player ARPG with multiplayer support only to find out heavy DRM, which would protect it's RMAH system. With Europeans being pissed about constant lags and downtime. How many "scheduled" maintenances EU had this week alone already? 3? With a lot of customers (from Europe) to be pissed even more by the fact that RMAH is not working as it was supposed to work.

People can defend this damn awful DRM and RMAH for as long as they want, but it doesn't even work properly. Game is still in Beta stage, and instead of fixing multitude of bugs (like same Dashing Strike working properly like 30% of time only, or Exploding Palm resetting your locked target (which makes it even worse as ability, especially against "Invuln. Minions" affix), whole location broken (Lyceum), 100k-1mil+ Staff of Herding disappearing if being put in specific bag slot, etc.), they still push RMAH for EU in it's Alpha version.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-06-15 at 10:26 AM.

At first I was having fun reading this thread. Then I realised the OP was serious.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    The fact that NOW noob consumer organisations are being used (Germany, France, Korea) to complain about an on line game only ... simply shows the hacker/duper industry and Gold Maffia (which already represented a multi billion black market) are ACTING upon the protection schemes of Diablo 3.
    So you are saying a national association like "60 millions of consumers" in France are... a part of maffia and working for chinese gold farmers?

Thank you sir, you made my day. I'm facerolling my keyboard in bursts of laughts. See below.

fcghjkj htgretfghjk:m!ù;olpm^loikuyht-(r-yhuiolp

Have a nice day, and do not forget: never smoke more than 3 spliffs in a row!

edit: this post involved actual facerolling, do not try at home, this stunt was performed by a professional, playing a paladin for 3 straight years.
    Last edited by mmocf4b615a1a4; 2012-06-15 at 10:35 AM.

Was going to post some hate towards OP and some defense for those who bash and hating on D3 (including myself), but I see others already done that. I have nothing to add.

Your theory makes absolute sense, OP.

Secret World's third beta is in just a few hours

Oh god, not surprised this thread is by BenBos.

Teh fuck really. ;D

Bibi should really add a +/- rep system just so I could +1 the OP.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    The German complaint and subsequent warning was about the poor German wording on the box which are indeed ambiguous. If the game requires a permanent and stable connection you should put it on the box as such. Very simple.
    Also this "noob" consumer organization didn't just shoot from the hip here they acted after receiving multiple complaints within the timeframe of a month now.

In my opinion I think it is okay that consumer organizations care about this as well, it is sort of acting as counter-party with equal power here.

I dunno this makes no sense at all but it reminds me on this.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerals View Post
    What drug is this guy on?
    Bath salts obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    This is ridiculous, not very constructive, and totally pointless.

Closing