Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There are two different factors, number of sales, and average amount spent for a sale. Regardless of average income if there is a low number of sales it means people mentality is different from the US. If the price are just lower that doesn't mean much. But considering disposable income I would be really surprised that the difference would be in that way. Actually most company sells things/games for a higher price in the EU than in the US. (For example games are usually sold with a 1 euro = 1$ change rate, which mean that the games are more expansive in EU).

Deleted
    What people aren't taking into account is that all those with digital copies can't access RMAH yet, for some reason they have to wait for 3 days.
    Also just wait til the Saudis hit RMAH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Well Bashiok said on Wednesday (i believe it was) that they'd provide an update about when RMAH was going live after the next maintenance, implying that it wouldn't be live until at least next week. This sort of communication, which was posted on the EU D3 forums confused me until i woke up this morning and saw that it actually was live.

The fact that Bashiok implied that it wasn't going live this week just made me wonder if i should really trust the US blues when it comes to posting about EU "issues" as large as this.
    Indeed, though it doesn't surprise me that once again EU communications fail, it's been like this for years in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    What people aren't taking into account is that all those with digital copies can't access RMAH yet, for some reason they have to wait for 3 days.
    Also just wait til the Saudis hit RMAH
    I bealive people with this problem need to change their password and then they will be able to access it. I read that on reddit, confirmed by several people that it works.

I have a digital copy and I use the EU RMAH (released like 7 hours ago) just fine though so certainly not all of us were affected by the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I bealive people with this problem need to change their password and then they will be able to access it. I read that on reddit, confirmed by several people that it works.

I have a digital copy and I use the EU RMAH (released like 7 hours ago) just fine though so certainly not all of us were affected by the problem.
    Ahh thanks for this, didn't know. Also yea not all digital copies are inflicted, at least none of the AP ones that I've heard.

The more surprising thing to me is that people are actually paying $20+ for items. Item's that, at their core, have 0 value. You can't simply say that The bow that sold for $20 is now valued at $20. It still has 0 real-world value to it. You can't even say that the "value" of these items come from the amount of time it take's to originally acquire them either. They simply have no value.

The people buying these items are really stooping to a whole new level of stupidity.

Edit: Oh yea, and don't give me the typical (defensive) "hey, if people have disposable income don't harp on them", because I definitely have disposable income but realize that in any MMO you play, you are foolish to spend real-world currency to buy in-game items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The more surprising thing to me is that people are actually paying $20+ for items. Item's that, at their core, have 0 value. You can't simply say that The bow that sold for $20 is now valued at $20. It still has 0 real-world value to it. You can't even say that the "value" of these items come from the amount of time it take's to originally acquire them either. They simply have no value.

The people buying these items are really stooping to a whole new level of stupidity.

Edit: Oh yea, and don't give me the typical (defensive) "hey, if people have disposable income don't harp on them", because I definitely have disposable income but realize that in any MMO you play, you are foolish to spend real-world currency to buy in-game items.
    So you are saying that paying for anything that isn't tangible or can't be resold is not worth paying for (and actually you are wrong saying the bow doesn't have value, of course it has value if it can be resold in the RMAH)? People who go to the movies are stupid?

If people feel they get a better playing experience when paying for items, why are you judging them? I never would pay $20 for one item and in fact I plan not to put any of my money to B.Net balance (though I plan on using some money I make by selling my stuff) but I still don't judge other people for how they use their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    alturic still wrong.
    For those 20 euro they purchased REAL LIFE TIME
    Cos if they would need 2 grind for 30 hours to get gold to buy that item they traded those 20euros for 3o housr of real life.

So whos stupid ????
    1.Person that grinds 30 hours to buy some item
    2.Person that spends 20 euro for it when he makes 10+ euro/hour at work. And im not even talking about guys that are making 50k+ but normal ppl lke myself.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

tbh id be happy selling one item for like £5 lol let alone these £100 or so prices xD i should probs play again and get to inferno :P

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post

Actually, any currency (including your precious dollar, and my precious SEK) have no value at all, other than the promise that comes with it. What gives anything value is how people perceive it. Now, I don't remember exactly where and when, but there was some place (like France or some island somewhere, some hundreds or so years ago) that was strapped for cash, and they actually used playing cards as currency. You'd walk up to a butcher, and buy a rack of lamb for a clubs of eight (or whatever). Our history is littered with these kinds of stuff, and I remember many of them just as vaguely as this one.

Any value any currency has is because the government sits on a heap of gold, and promises to exchange the money for gold to anyone, which gives the pieces of paper with dollar (and euro) signs on them a real value. This can be extended to items in D3, or pixels on the screen as some people like to call them, actual real value, since thanks to the RMAH they actually have a real value (dollarz and euroz!). And how do you get items with real value? You either manufacture them, or buy them.

Makes perfect sense.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    alturic still wrong.
    For those 20 euro they purchased REAL LIFE TIME
    Cos if they would need 2 grind for 30 hours to get gold to buy that item they traded those 20euros for 3o housr of real life.

So whos stupid ????
    1.Person that grinds 30 hours to buy some item
    2.Person that spends 20 euro for it when he makes 10+ euro/hour at work. And im not even talking about guys that are making 50k+ but normal ppl lke myself.
    Each to their own, but I would find it stupid to spend money so I can finish inferno faster through outgearing content. In a way I would be spending money to play the game less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Any value any currency has is because the government sits on a heap of gold, and promises to exchange the money for gold to anyone, which gives the pieces of paper with dollar (and euro) signs on them a real value
    Actually, this system you speak of (so called "gold standard") hasn't been in use for years. Look it up from Wikipedia for reference (I can't post links yet lol).

The value of money is just an illusion nowadays. [/OFFTOPIC]

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bossmonster View Post
    Each to their own, but I would find it stupid to spend money so I can finish inferno faster through outgearing content. In a way I would be spending money to play the game less.
    Yes, but if your enjoyment factor increases then it makes it worth a while. There are many people who do not find "the grind" enjoyable but still want to beat the game on the hardest difficulty. Each to their own, as you said.

Paypal doesn't seem to work since pressing ok after the 'press ok to set up your paypal' does nothing

Deleted
    yeah, we're kinda screwed in the UK. we're such a small population in comparison to any of the other areas that it makes the AH almost pointless to use to be honest. not many great items which means that the price of the better items is a lot higher. it might be good to sell but anyone hoping to pick up some cheap upgrades for inferno act3/4 is out of luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Paypal doesn't seem to work since pressing ok after the 'press ok to set up your paypal' does nothing
    I still can't post links but by searching "attaching paypal battle net" with Google gives me a post by Bashiok as the first result and there is the link you need to use to attach a PayPal account. You might need to change the "us" to "eu" in the link though (I did).

Quote Originally Posted by aajiix View Post
    I still can't post links but by searching "attaching paypal battle net" with Google gives me a post by Bashiok as the first result and there is the link you need to use to attach a PayPal account. You might need to change the "us" to "eu" in the link though (I did).
    Yeah figured that out myself actually
    https://eu.battle.net/account/d3/auc...e/landing.html
    Thats the link, currenty the redirect from ingame to the webpage isnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by aajiix View Post
    Actually, this system you speak of (so called "gold standard") hasn't been in use for years. Look it up from Wikipedia for reference (I can't post links yet lol).

The value of money is just an illusion nowadays.
    I did, thanks. To not quote Deckard Cain, this is not a fortunate turn of events! That's what I get for reading up on history, figure it's such a basic, down-to-earth (read: great) system no one in their right mind would change it, and assume that's the reality we live in.

You really think that EUs don't wanna part with their money? Huh?

Sold a couple of legendaries/rares so far, none with 'perfect' stats and none for a really high price. But let's say, I could buy the game more than 10 times from selling my first 20 items.

You can switch currencies.

I don't get how people are so proud they made like 500-600 € I'm sure if you spent that time working you'd have at least triple even with a terrible job. If I was going to use the game to make money it would probably be something casual like "oh just randomly found a perfect legendary" and sell it for 100-200 not grinding for days playing 10 hours a day and then being all proud. You can't tell me the game is enjoyable if you treat it like a job, if you're gonna work then work for real in my opinion.