Confusion on MOP PvP/PvE Currency

During Blizzcon, I faintly remember some talk about removing all but one badge currency for PvE, and one for PvP (Valor and Conquest, respectively) so that players can "Play the content they want" to level. Like Scenarios and Quests giving small amounts of Valor, and BGs, RBGs, etc giving various amounts of conquest.

Current news brings MoP PvP vendors to beta, which include both honor and conquest vendors (currently selling for gold). AM I mistaken in what I read/heard, or perhaps they are placeholders? I've been digging through links etc, but haven't stumbled upon the info. Maybe I was dreaming. If you guys have any info, please clear this up for me!

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you misheard or misremembered. None of the four are being removed, but Valor is being repurposed (instead of buying gear with it, you can use it to upgrade items to higher item levels). Seems like the other three are unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I think you misheard or misremembered. None of the four are being removed, but Valor is being repurposed (instead of buying gear with it, you can use it to upgrade items to higher item levels). Seems like the other three are unchanged.
    Ah, great, thank you for the clarity. Either way, should be a good time.