Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i would not, ever, sit down on a public toilet..ever...i don't want to get an ass rash or whatever.

if they don't want to wade in huge puddles of piss, install urinals. if they have them and it doesn't work, get a toiler lady to clean that shit up during the day.
    Are Swedish bathrooms that bad? Can't say I've ever run into large puddles in public restrooms.

You could provide men with a leak-proof suction cap attatched to a hose to pee into and they would still manage to dribble pee onto the floor.

It's a sad fact of life xD

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe the party leader in question is sick of having to clear up after other people.

Much more of an issue is people that refuse to flush public toilets IMO.
    Yeah, hate going into a bathroom to find a shit left in the toilet thats obviously been there for some time...

Deleted
    i would not, ever, sit down on a public toilet..ever...i don't want to get an ass rash or whatever.

if they don't want to wade in huge puddles of piss, install urinals. if they have them and it doesn't work, get a toiler lady to clean that shit up during the day.
    So, you piss while standing, splashing the piss everywhere and want somebody else to clean it up, because you are afraid of germs?
    Very nice attitude xD The cleaning lady surely wants a word with you!

I always sat down on public toilets and I never got sick of it. When there is piss on the seat, I would wipe it away with some paper to be able to sit down. Only in really nasty cases (where it wouldn't make a difference) I piss while standing.

Someone has to make a start :-/ So why shouldn't you say: Hey, everybody has to sit down from now on, so noone pisses next to the toilet, no big deal. Then the toilet seat wouldn't be dirty.

They don't have urinals in Sweden?

This seems like it comes up on talk radio every half year or so. The talking heads get all pissed of over the emasculation that occurs when we are encouraged to piss sitting down. Rubbish. Every bit of it. My posture whilst taking a piss has no bearing on how manly I am.

There are way to many artificial indicators of manhood. For instance...as a man I almost MUST sports. No thanks. I also don't partake in cheap domestic beer. And yes I will admit that I piss sitting down in my own home. In public I *gasp* use a urinal.

Sitting down is so much easier in the long run. Good aim is NOT enough to keep us from pissing all over around the toilet. It's nasty cleaning that shit up...and AS A MAN I take responsibility for my mess and don't just expect my wife to clean it up after me.

The problems we have to deal with *shakes head*... this country is going down the shitter.

Honestly, I couldn't give a damn. People will still stand up and pee if they feel like it, there is no way to enforce it anyways, they won't put security cams up in the loo to make sure people sit down while relieving themselves so... who cares?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by mi33 View Post
    Urine is sterile, you can't catch an infection from it.
    You can catch MRSA, so you are incorrect.

OT: Seems like it would be hard to enforce. Can't say the reasons for it are terrible but I doubt it would help, I've gone to plenty of women's bathrooms were women seemed to have "missed" and it's just as gross.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mi33 View Post
    Urine is sterile, you can't catch an infection from it.
    That is a common misconception, Urine is not sterile at all. It picks up bacteria as soon as it reaches the urethra.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mallika View Post
    You can catch MRSA, so you are incorrect.

OT: Seems like it would be hard to enforce. Can't say the reasons for it are terrible but I doubt it would help, I've gone to plenty of women's bathrooms were women seemed to have "missed" and it's just as gross.
    The best ones are where people have missed when taking a shit, how the fuck can you miss?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't see a problem with peeing sitting down. I always do that when there's no urinoir available. I once got operated down there and at the beginning I had to sit down, and I just got used to it since then.
    So it's no biggy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    So, you piss while standing, splashing the piss everywhere and want somebody else to clean it up, because you are afraid of germs?
    Very nice attitude xD The cleaning lady surely wants a word with you!

I always sat down on public toilets and I never got sick of it. When there is piss on the seat, I would wipe it away with some paper to be able to sit down. Only in really nasty cases (where it wouldn't make a difference) I piss while standing.

Someone has to make a start :-/ So why shouldn't you say: Hey, everybody has to sit down from now on, so noone pisses next to the toilet, no big deal. Then the toilet seat wouldn't be dirty.
    well, cleaning a toilet is a lot less hassle then getting rid of a nasty infection so yes; me afraid of germs > someone else cleaning the toilet.

i have yet to run into a public bathroom that doesn't have urinals, so that makes aiming a lot less difficult. and a toilet lady that doesn't clean the toilet isn't doing her job. doesn't matter if you can see the piss or not, she needs to clean the toilet. that's what she gets paid for. usually it's 50 cents too at 200 bathroom visits per hour. you do the math.

and i've been to germany quite a few times and if you're sitting down on the public restrooms at a "parkplatz" your one brave man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post

Just an FYI, the typical door handle has orders of magnitude higher germ counts than the typical public toilet seat. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Then the toilet seat wouldn't be dirty.
    The seat wouldn't be dirty if the lazy fuckers would lift the damn thing up before going.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The best ones are where people have missed when taking a shit, how the fuck can you miss?
    Probably someone who was drunk/high... or someone who refused to sit down because they were scared of catching an "ass rash".

My buddy told me a horrid experience he had when he went to a loo in a Brazilian nightclub, it was pretty much just a cemented latrine "hole" ... shit and piss everywhere rofl
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

That is a common misconception, Urine is not sterile at all. It picks up bacteria as soon as it reaches the urethra.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 02:36 PM ----------

Some secrets need to stay secret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Just an FYI, the typical door handle has orders of magnitude higher germ counts than the typical public toilet seat. Enjoy!
    already knew that, thats why i use my sleave or a throw-a-way napkin to open/close the door.

Deleted
    well, cleaning a toilet is a lot less hassle then getting rid of a nasty infection so yes; me afraid of germs > someone else cleaning the toilet.

i have yet to run into a public bathroom that doesn't have urinals, so that makes aiming a lot less difficult. and a toilet lady that doesn't clean the toilet isn't doing her job. doesn't matter if you can see the piss or not, she needs to clean the toilet. that's what she gets paid for. usually it's 50 cents too at 200 bathroom visits per hour. you do the math.

and i've been to germany quite a few times and if you're sitting down on the public restrooms at a "parkplatz" your one brave man
    Well, if it is an urinal it is something different, than on a usual toilet.

I personally don't like urinals, because I can't piss, when someone is watching :-/ I don't know why... I'm more comfortable pissing somewhere noone can see me...
    (I'm gay myself, so it wouldn't be a problem for me, if another guy sees my dick... Though... If he's hot that may be a problem for him if he's heterosexual *trollface* And the walls would suffer...)
    Well, whatever...

All these phobias against germs are a relatively new thing, which came up due to better education. Germs are everywhere and exposing yourself to some germs doesn't harm you, in contrary it trains your immune system ;-) That doesn't mean you should become blood brothers with a HIV-positive person, but people really should become a little bit more relaxed, when it comes to irrational fears like that.

And it depends which "parkplatz" or maybe better "(Autobahn)rastplatz" you visit. Some are also really clean.

Back to the Topic:
    I think we were talking about toilets in an office, where there aren't like 200 people a day. So it's not like you share it with that many people, who have infectious illnesses.
    Last edited by mmoc787ace3d21; 2012-06-15 at 02:05 PM.

All these people talking about germs on toilet seats. I have been shitting on public toilets for YEARS. i don't put paper down, or those silly little toilet seat hats. In some 28 years of shitting in public I have never once got a rash, or infection, or had ANY adverse effects. I think people are way to germaphobic now days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This gave me laugh. What urinals/toilets need is a target. I remember watching some show that showed that by just putting a fly image on the urinal, people aimed better. Obviously, it doesn't work for all, but it did help.

I rest it on my thigh
    So you pee on your thigh / floor / wall?