10+ Year Old Account

Regarding PvP gear

Guys, quick question;

I'm wanting to get into pvp again on my priest alt. He's now Holy PvE, disc PVP o/s. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngtom/advanced

I did some pvp @ the start of Cataclysm, so I have a couple of the blue honor set (not the crafted one), I think it's called Bloodthirsty, not sure.

Think I should equip that, or stick with my current PvE gear? Obviously current gear has much higher iLevels.

Armory shows my best PvE gear. I think I've got about 5 Bloodthirsty items.
    Warlock (SL main)

Bloodthirsty is like 4 tiers behind atm, at least 3 (I was innactive for some time) I'm not sure. The point is you'll be extremely weak atm. What I would personally do is go with the PvE gear and play VERY defensive. Stay with large groups, stay close to LOS objects while you heal your teammates from a distance and all that stuff that makes healers hard to kill. A couple of days doing BGs and you'll have a full Ruthless set which is decent at least.

Maybe you have a lot of Valor points you can exchange for Conquest? Those will get you Cataclysm gear which is the best out there right now.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Kudos on normal gear but meh. Maybe I'm spoiled but if it's not 410 or one of those PVP breaking PVE weps/trinks I don't like to wear them.

I personally thing you should go for as much mitigation as you can while gearing up, so I'd say Bloodthirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kudos on normal gear but meh. Maybe I'm spoiled but if it's not 410 or one of those PVP breaking PVE weps/trinks I don't like to wear them.

I personally thing you should go for as much mitigation as you can while gearing up, so I'd say Bloodthirsty.
    Full Bloodthirsty would give like 3k resi, and he only has 5 pieces even. Better to just use the PvE pieces tbh, the only difference you'll notice if you use Bloodthirsty is that your heals will be less powerfull, you'll still get shredded by any decent dps in a matter of seconds. Just get ruth pieces, try doing some arena (it's possible to cap if you play low rated and get some good peeler, 2v2 ofcourse) to get some cata piece and go on from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input guys.

I think I still have some valor and justice points to shred, and I'll do randoms to get ruthless first, working from there.

Thanks!
    Warlock (SL main)