Poll: Have you had trouble going back to your other MMO's?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trouble Playing Other MMOs after GW2?

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble playing other games? Guild Wars 2 beta weekend was so much fun, one of the most enjoyable experiences ever and I met so many awesome people.. I sometimes log onto to WoW, walk around, PvP for an hour, and log off.
    Last edited by Rashanda; 2012-06-15 at 03:22 PM.

Welcome to the Guild Wars 2 effect. It has claimed many victims, and will claim many more.

It hasn't soured WoW itself for me, but those two games have killed my will to play literally anything else.

I've gone back to Rift while waiting. It's still fun although a completely different style of play.
    The only problem I have with GW2 is that it ran so poorly for me both weekends and if that's not fixed I won't be able to actually enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble playing other games? Guild Wars 2 beta weekend was so much fun, one of the most enjoyable experiences ever and I met so many awesome people.. I sometimes log onto to WoW, walk around, lose at PvP, and log off.
    I thought I am going crazy or something, this is happening to me also.

Those 3 days were amazing, it had a great effect on my gaming philosophy.
    I miss it so much now :/

Darn Anet and their "we'll release it when it's ready." IT IS READY, JUST GIMME! :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Welcome to the Guild Wars 2 effect. It has claimed many victims, and will claim many more.
    It's got me real bad. I don't have the will to play anything else at the moment.

'Trouble' is pretty much an understatement. For me, personally, it's impossible to play any other MMO anymore. Everything feels slow, dumbed down and almost turn-based.

Deleted
    WoW was already like that to me way before the first BWE.

It might be a bit unfair to compare the yet fully unseen experience of GW2 with the seven year old and fully experienced WoW though.

All in all, can't say I have any issues playing other games along with GW2, but GW2 has certainly raised my standards for the MMO genre specifically.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble playing other games? Guild Wars 2 beta weekend was so much fun, one of the most enjoyable experiences ever and I met so many awesome people.. I sometimes log onto to WoW, walk around, lose at PvP, and log off.
    Don't lose at PvP then? I suppose WoW's PvP does seem worse than GW2 if you're bad at it.... No but seriously, GW2 PvP is the slowest thing I've ever seen in my life. Watching someone run away from me in a stun and be back at full by the time I chase him behind the Henge wall or me doing the same? What's the fun in that? 0 damage going out until all their dodges are done (because it takes being completely mentally challenged to actually get HIT with anything while your dodge bar still has juice, every projectile is SO slow except maybe engineer cannons).... it's pretty damned slow and generic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes, but I was already having trouble playing MMo's before I played in the beta. I think the genre is just becoming very boring, with too few real innovations.

Will try TSW this weekend
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Well... maybe it's a little unfair, but I was already sick of WoW before the first BWE, and it's the only other MMO I really play. But it's put me off playing some other games too, admittedly. I've gone back to playing a lot of my older games just for fun, like Terraria, but I can't seem to even get the will to open WoW up.

Then again, it may be due to leaving my last guild on really bad terms, and not wanting to see any of the lying, two-faced backstabbers.

D3 + GW2 = I haven't touched WoW in a month.
    Before they came into my life I missed WoW so bad...I missed WoW so so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Don't lose at PvP then? I suppose WoW's PvP does seem worse than GW2 if you're bad at it.... No but seriously, GW2 PvP is the slowest thing I've ever seen in my life. Watching someone run away from me in a stun and be back at full by the time I chase him behind the Henge wall or me doing the same? What's the fun in that? 0 damage going out until all their dodges are done (because it takes being completely mentally challenged to actually get HIT with anything while your dodge bar still has juice, every projectile is SO slow except maybe engineer cannons).... it's pretty damned slow and generic.
    I guess to each their own, I won't try and argue against this though but I will say good luck with Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    I thought I am going crazy or something, this is happening to me also.

Those 3 days were amazing, it had a great effect on my gaming philosophy.
    I miss it so much now :/

Darn Anet and their "we'll release it when it's ready." IT IS READY, JUST GIMME! :/

That's what ruined many previous games.
    I def. wanna try GW2 but i really prefer this approach. Having half of a game or a bug fest at launch is the main road to failure.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have been unable to play Wow for a good month. BWE 2 full on killed my ambition to play. I tried doing a battleground or two but end up getting bored and stopping. One consolation is i have been reading the books from George R.R Martin A Song of Ice and Fire in order to pass the time as opposed to idling.

Interesting, I actually thought GW2's pvp was extremely fast paced. During fights I sat on the edge of my chair and every fight was extremely intense. Skilled players can truly give anyone a run for their money. I can't say the same about 'other mmos', where the composition, gear or classes mostly determine the outcome, rather than raw skill.

I guess it all boils down to personal preferences.

I wouldn't say it was hard going back, but I don't play many EQ/WoW-clones anyways. I've been playing a decent amount of DDO, and I still jump into CoH from time to time. I will say that it has been hard for me to play LOTRO or AoC, as my interest in trinity/gear-grinds has all but gone away (which is a bummer, since I also liked TERA's combat and was thinking of picking it up).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I wouldn't say it was hard going back, but I don't play many EQ/WoW-clones anyways. I've been playing a decent amount of DDO, and I still jump into CoH from time to time. I will say that it has been hard for me to play LOTRO or AoC, as my interest in trinity/gear-grinds has all but gone away (which is a bummer, since I also liked TERA's combat and was thinking of picking it up).
    Is it me, or does tera just feel like a standard mmo with the exception of the crosshair and anime-style graphics? It reminds me too much of wow... The quests, the mounts, the gear-grind, the gathering, the dungeons. Maybe I missed it, but is anything actually innovative about that game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not given myself chance to try GW, but I understand the concept of why it's stranger to go back to other games. I played TOR for awhile, logged onto WoW and the whole thing felt too sluggish so decided not to continue. I assume the same will be with GW being a higher production value giving it a better feel overall which you get used to.

Deleted
    Cannot recall anyone ever saying something like this because PvP in GW2 is anything but slow. Personally I think you're probably just making something up to annoy people lol.

Btt: When I played the first BWE I really did have issues playing WoW again. Because if it's one thing that I really enjoy in GW2 it is not beeing forced to be grouped to do "DEs/tasks/kill things" and not beeing forced to drop everything and run for your life when you see an ore mine.