Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I get absolutely pissed when I lose in a FPS game

I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?

10+ Year Old Account
    take two deep breaths and remind yourself that video games are meaningless.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    easiest way to calm yourself down is to just remember its a game. If you feel yourself getting angry after a couple of deaths, stop playing and go and do something else like get a drink or go outside for a few minutes. Don't let yourself get to boiling point, its easier to calm down from a little bit annoyed than full blown angry.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to get that way in WoW PvP. Maybe not quite that bad, but close. Most of it was frustration from lame Alliance cowboys causing us to lose the BG (and copious amounts of honor) for seemingly no reason. Eventually I stopped PvPing because it was never worth the frustration. I get pissed at shooters too, but not nearly to the same level as WoW.

A close friend of mine has broken several keyboards (at least 5) from WoW rage.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

yeah same when I lose a SC2 match ^^
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Only get like that in wow arena on my warrior, cc'ed and slowed all the time and it takes 20min to kill something with good gear.

Deleted
    Go get anger management, seriously if you are getting pissed off at the fact you die in a game means you should probably never play one again, I hate people like you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Only get like that in wow arena on my warrior, cc'ed and slowed all the time and it takes 20min to kill something with good gear.
    that is if the target isn't a healer or getting healed.

Put down the game and do something else, preferably something that relaxes you.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?
    alt-f4 :\

I used to get really infuriated when I died to game bugs in EQ. Dying in that game was kind of a big deal. Two broken toes and a broken pinky later (from smashing the table, or kicking the chair), I learned to take things in stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Go get anger management
    I would say that this is really indicative of deeper problems and therapy should definitely be sought.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Go get anger management, seriously if you are getting pissed off at the fact you die in a game means you should probably never play one again, I hate people like you

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I stay away from any type of PvP game.

Deleted
    Get better or die trying.

Deleted
    i´d recommend growing up

Deleted
    rofl call of duty players

Everyone does. I have to get mad every time I die in BF3 because dying in that game by the same no life chopper pilot over and over again gets very annoying.

I am also a nerd rager Pro wrestling games are my biggest problem i football kicked a tv over some wcw game anyway i just stopped playing pro wrestling games it sux they are super fun but i lose self control and its not worth the anger or replacing broken shit. so imo learn self control or choose a different game. of course there are other options some quack would give u meds for it but meh

Learn to play better...xD

to be more serious, go see a doctor if you're too stressed with your anger issue. Every1 gets pissed of. This not something that belongs to internet users. You know people were getting pretty angry before internet was invented. So ignore internet monks who think they're calm as a shit. Anger is for humans and is normal as long as you're not too stressed or hurt yourself or some1 around you.

you should see me while playing dota with 4 random noobs =)

I don't cry tho

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i´d recommend growing up
    So you say grown ups are not getting angry?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-06-15 at 04:28 PM.