Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    I get absolutely pissed when I lose in a FPS game

    I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?

  2. #2
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,550
    take two deep breaths and remind yourself that video games are meaningless.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England, that's as close as I'm letting you guys know ;)
    Posts
    444
    easiest way to calm yourself down is to just remember its a game. If you feel yourself getting angry after a couple of deaths, stop playing and go and do something else like get a drink or go outside for a few minutes. Don't let yourself get to boiling point, its easier to calm down from a little bit annoyed than full blown angry.
    Irage Gaming.
    Battlefield 3 and CS:GO gaming community!

  4. #4
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,392
    I used to get that way in WoW PvP. Maybe not quite that bad, but close. Most of it was frustration from lame Alliance cowboys causing us to lose the BG (and copious amounts of honor) for seemingly no reason. Eventually I stopped PvPing because it was never worth the frustration. I get pissed at shooters too, but not nearly to the same level as WoW.

    A close friend of mine has broken several keyboards (at least 5) from WoW rage.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

  5. #5
    yeah same when I lose a SC2 match ^^
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

  6. #6
    Only get like that in wow arena on my warrior, cc'ed and slowed all the time and it takes 20min to kill something with good gear.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Evisiling's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom/England/Birmingham
    Posts
    416
    Go get anger management, seriously if you are getting pissed off at the fact you die in a game means you should probably never play one again, I hate people like you

  8. #8
    Brewmaster ridish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Only get like that in wow arena on my warrior, cc'ed and slowed all the time and it takes 20min to kill something with good gear.
    that is if the target isn't a healer or getting healed.

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,055
    Put down the game and do something else, preferably something that relaxes you.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?
    alt-f4 :\

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?
    I used to get really infuriated when I died to game bugs in EQ. Dying in that game was kind of a big deal. Two broken toes and a broken pinky later (from smashing the table, or kicking the chair), I learned to take things in stride.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Go get anger management
    I would say that this is really indicative of deeper problems and therapy should definitely be sought.
    Corsair 500r - [email protected] - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Go get anger management, seriously if you are getting pissed off at the fact you die in a game means you should probably never play one again, I hate people like you


    10chars

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    And this is why I stay away from any type of PvP game.

  15. #15
    Get better or die trying.
    He who has a why to live, can bear almost any how.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?
    i´d recommend growing up

  17. #17
    rofl call of duty players

  18. #18
    Everyone does. I have to get mad every time I die in BF3 because dying in that game by the same no life chopper pilot over and over again gets very annoying.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I really hate it. No matter how much I try to calm myself down I get so pissed off in the end that I almost get violent. Sometimes I hit the table, sometimes I've thrown my headsets on the desktop (and ruined 2 of them so far) and now I just realized I started to cry because I died constantly in this one server. I've wanted to end it somehow, but I can never come up with a way. I think that others are probably better than me if they killed me, or it's fair play - but it doesn't matter. I get pissed anyway. All they have to do is to kill me a few times in a row and I'm at the boiling point. What am I supposed to do to calm myself down?
    I am also a nerd rager Pro wrestling games are my biggest problem i football kicked a tv over some wcw game anyway i just stopped playing pro wrestling games it sux they are super fun but i lose self control and its not worth the anger or replacing broken shit. so imo learn self control or choose a different game. of course there are other options some quack would give u meds for it but meh

  20. #20
    Learn to play better...xD

    to be more serious, go see a doctor if you're too stressed with your anger issue. Every1 gets pissed of. This not something that belongs to internet users. You know people were getting pretty angry before internet was invented. So ignore internet monks who think they're calm as a shit. Anger is for humans and is normal as long as you're not too stressed or hurt yourself or some1 around you.

    you should see me while playing dota with 4 random noobs =)

    I don't cry tho

    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i´d recommend growing up
    So you say grown ups are not getting angry?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-06-15 at 04:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •