Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I would throw it in my savings account and let it sit till I needed it. I've lived this long without "whatever it is", I obviously can live a little longer without it. Never know when a doctor bill could be in the future, or a car breaking down, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Investing doesn't necessarily buying shares. Either way, with a little creativity and drive, you could easily turn $1000 into $100,000. It wouldn't necessarily be quick, but it's definitely possible.

Even at a return of 20% each year it would take you ~25 years to turn $1,000 into $100,000.

And even then the purchasing power of the $100,000 won't be the same in 25 years...

Deleted
    Towards my debts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save it. I'm moving to Washington state soon and could use the money, badly.

I would put it towards renovating my sex dun-

Basement. My basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put it in the bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Tyael's Hilt, no question. Since everything else in my life seems to be in order (to a certain degree) i would most likely just piss the money away on something like that. Who knows though, if i had more time to think about it i could probably think of something more practical.

I would put it in my investment portfolio.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Tyael's Hilt, no question. Since everything else in my life seems to be in order (to a certain degree) i would most likely just piss the money away on something like that. Who knows though, if i had more time to think about it i could probably think of something more practical.
    WOW I got one of those right before wrath came out. I guess I should have held on to it for more than 3k gold eh lol.

I'd invest it. Most people don't realize how much that matters when you're young. Start investing young, and anyone can retire rich.

For example, if you're 20 years old, and you stick that $1000 into the stock market today, it should grow to $70,000 or so by the time you retire:

http://www.whatjunkcosts.com/

Do enough of that, and you can probably retire in your 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailith View Post
    Paying off a bit more of the student loans.
    This. I'd probably split it though. $750 for the debts, $250 for a PC upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    a small vacation to any place with a beach, most likely in turkey antalya, it goes pretty cheap arround 700Euros all inclusive.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    A nice bottle of Whisky and a bag of ice.
    Why would you ruin a nice bottle of whiskey?

Normally I would probably save it, but I'm due for some new clothes and I need to buy another TV for my living room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really that much money, but I suppose I'd add it towards my gaming laptop savings.. I currently have a rather weak laptop for gaming, and I wish for a proper one. I do have a PC, but I don't always feel like sitting at home @ my desk to do my business.