Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd put it into medical debt. Having three heart conditions and a chest deformation that limits one of my lungs to near non-use and not being qualified for government health insurance is pretty brutal. I'd be able to pay off like, 1/10th of a hospital visit.

Quote Originally Posted by zephah View Post
    I'd put it into medical debt. Having three heart conditions and a chest deformation that limits one of my lungs to near non-use and not being qualified for government health insurance is pretty brutal. I'd be able to pay off like, 1/10th of a hospital visit.
    Ouch, how are you getting the money? Loans or just debt with the hospital? And are they assholes or do they understand the situation you're in?

Quote Originally Posted by notintheface View Post
    Ouch, how are you getting the money? Loans or just debt with the hospital? And are they assholes or do they understand the situation you're in?
    They're giant assholes, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with since I can remember.

I don't really get the money, hospital bills are insane in the position I'm in. The last visit I was in for less than a day and I had $7,800 hit me in the face, with two hidden extra $781 fees. Pretty beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by zephah View Post
    They're giant assholes, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with since I can remember.

I don't really get the money, hospital bills are insane in the position I'm in. The last visit I was in for less than a day and I had $7,800 hit me in the face, with two hidden extra $781 fees. Pretty beastly.
    Uf, good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by notintheface View Post
    Uf, good luck with that!
    Lol thanks :P I don't predict much change, but I'm annoyingly optimistic and am more than used to it by now.

considering the fact that you sleep about a third of your time, and the fact that good sleep is essential to how you feel, i´d invest in a new bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put it towards a new mattress or a new desk that has a hutch and cabinets and drawers galore

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. A thousand dollars actually goes pretty fast.

Save it up for when you really know what you want or need to do with it. Considering that you're actually asking this question, it would be wise. I have an extra thousand dollars sitting around all the time, and it seems to disappear on just normal things before I know it.

donate it. i has plenty money.

Deleted
    I'm due to move into the attic now that it's been converted. Since it's much bigger than my bedroom, I'd invest in some furniture that I can take through the hatch piece by piece and then assemble it once it's all up there. I'd also treat my close family members to a nice meal out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    I'd stay away from guns there champ....
    Hence why i am going for a car instead, maybe next time i get $1000 tax free for no apparent reason i'll invest in something with a bit more bang!
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Pay off the rest of my new laptop which is about 600USD and than most likely keep 200 on me and but 200 away.

When you work $1000 is more like the amount you have budgeted for insurance when you move and suddenly don't need a car. Totally reasonable amount to stumble upon

would upgrade my computer but that would take the full 1000$...that much money isnt alot these days..maybe if you added an extra 0
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I'd add it to my savings. To be honest, it's something everyone should do that is currently neutral in terms of payments and urgent need of something because there will always be a time when you need something pretty urgent and oh boy your savings will be like angels descending from heaven to back you up.

imo, things like a bed, computer upgrades, driving lessons are all rather luxury and it'd be wise to save your money a bit more until you are able to afford losing some money while having backup. That's what i did and now i'm always positive with my money with zero worries.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Into the savings account.

Personally, two new wetsuits (a full suit and a spring suit). However, unless you live near the beach I doubt they'd be very useful to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    buy supplies for the zombie apocalypse.