Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [Closed SRP Sign-Up] Fort Hammergear

    As Charles entered his tent off the road near Kharanos, he noticed an envelope on his small table, the only piece of furniture in the simple tent save a pair of chairs. Sitting down, he took one of the many knives he carried from its sheath and cut the envelope open so that he might read the parchment inside. He scanned the missive, quickly finishing it and setting it back on the table. It wasn't full of good news. The insurgents were doing... something. There was a lot more activity near Fort Hammergear. He grabbed his quill and paper and wrote a quick missive. Folding the paper, he put it into a fresh envelope, sealed it, and put it in one of his many pockets. Charles stood back up and left the tent to venture into the town.

    The worgen headed straight for the inn, where he knew he would find his men. They've been worked hard over the past several years, what with the escalating Horde and Alliance conflict and everything in the world, really. Still, it was hardly an excuse for them to get drunk every other evening while they were stationed here. Charles didn't know whether or not these people were given to him as a test of his leadership or if SI:7 had begun to get so desperate for operatives that they went and hired as many seedy individuals from the alleyways of Stormwind as they could.

    Immediately upon entering the inn the sound of revelry hit Charles' ears. Sighing again, he began the arduous task of looking around for one of his men that wasn't piss-drunk. After about eight rogues answering his queries in a slurred, rather zany way, he found a man who he could actually understand.

    "Whuat.. what is it sir?"

    "I need you to deliver a message."

    "Cannit wait till morning?"

    "No."

    The man groaned and got up, swaying as he did so. "Fine, I guesh I'll have to go.."

    Charles took the newly sealed envelope and gave it to the rogue. "Get to Stormwind as soon as possible, I need this in the hands of the higher ups yesterday.

    "Got it shir..." Said the man, who then half-walked half-staggered his way out of the inn and to his horse, a look of disappointment clear on his face. It was obvious he was looking to get himself into the cozy blanket of drunkenness that evening.

    Charles left soon after. Hopefully the reinforcements would arrive soon. That fort wouldn't be going down without them.

    ~~~


    So for this RP I'm looking for a very small group of players. Two people for a stealth team, and two people for a conventional (IE non-stealth) team. Or, at the least, even teams. I'll be the leader of the stealth team, Nonfic has volunteered to be leader of the conventional team.

    Bios are not WHOLLY necessary, but I would like a quick blurb on personality, class, name, and basic history if you do not want to use a character who you have already written down.
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  2. #2
    Role-player Nonfictionless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,287
    Indeed I shall with my heroic juggernaut of a warrior, Richard Feildwright.

  3. #3
    ((I would like to try out Asenya, my huntress, if that's possible at all?))
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    When I see a lowbie Horde on a PvP server, I remove all my gear and fist him to death with my naked Gnome.
    Asenya Straightarrow http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Straightarrow
    Rayin Lightsong http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ayin-Lightsong

  4. #4
    That's quite possible. What group do you think she would be best in, the stealth team or the, for the lack of a better word, assault team?

    Also, there's no need to use double parenthesis in sign-up or discussion threads for out of character speech, only in actual roleplays
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  5. #5
    Oh >_> yay my noobness is showing! But as for the teams, I think I would be better as assault. Asenya is good at sneaking around but with Resan, her cat, and the fact that she can't "stealth" the way a rogue character can, it might be hard to infiltrate a base or something. I can do Recon, but I'd rather do the Assault team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    When I see a lowbie Horde on a PvP server, I remove all my gear and fist him to death with my naked Gnome.
    Asenya Straightarrow http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Straightarrow
    Rayin Lightsong http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ayin-Lightsong

  6. #6
    It's fine, it's not that big a deal, it's just that having to do the parenthesis for every single post in a discussion / sign-up topic can get a bit tedious.

    And fair enough regarding the team o' choice. Remember that in-game mechanics will for the most part not transfer over into roleplaying, especially on forums. If your character is good at stealthiness, then she's good at stealth. Rogues cannot turn invisible, they have to stick to the shadows, keep behind cover, just like a real person trying to sneak around would. But yeah, your cat might make things potentially difficult in regards of sneaking around a fortified military compound.
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  7. #7
    sounds good
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    When I see a lowbie Horde on a PvP server, I remove all my gear and fist him to death with my naked Gnome.
    Asenya Straightarrow http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Straightarrow
    Rayin Lightsong http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ayin-Lightsong

  8. #8
    Warchief Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,088
    i'm thinking about making a rogue at some point, so this might be a way to get to know him better myself before actually making the bio

    class: rogue
    race: human
    personality: slow to anger, very calm in combat and rarely looses his temper. very skilled at assasinating people silently, can in a pinch use a bow if it's needed

  9. #9
    Field Marshal Istella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    56
    Grr.

    I want to sign up, but can't decide on a character... You don't think I have too many do you? >.>

    Anyway, I think I have it narrowed down to either Istella for the assault team or Cecilia Cross (a very serious, straight-laced, military type combat rogue/scout whose bio I keep procrastinating) for the stealth team. I'm kind of leaning toward Cecilia but it doesn't make that much difference, so if you are still looking for people then you can choose whichever you need to even out the teams.
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

    ~My RP Characters~

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Istella View Post
    Grr.

    I want to sign up, but can't decide on a character... You don't think I have too many do you? >.>

    Anyway, I think I have it narrowed down to either Istella for the assault team or Cecilia Cross (a very serious, straight-laced, military type combat rogue/scout whose bio I keep procrastinating) for the stealth team. I'm kind of leaning toward Cecilia but it doesn't make that much difference, so if you are still looking for people then you can choose whichever you need to even out the teams.
    If you don't feel like watching the thread I can poke you on Steam / D3 when we have lopsided teams, definitely.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2012-06-16 at 11:28 PM.
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  11. #11
    Salarissian would LOVE to be part of the demo team.

    Otherwise my Druid can be part of the recon/stealth team (KITTEH!).

    Up to you.

    EDIT: Just realized that Sal might not be entirely good with this (as he is Horde).

    Larthian, however, is completely Alliance.
    Last edited by Shadow the Edgehog; 2012-06-16 at 11:25 PM.
    "But the real thing about Draenor is that it's a very kind of savage place, it's kind of like Australia where 11/10 things will kill you, giants and poisonous plants and everything. I think it's going to be really cool." Ray Cobo

  12. #12
    If two more people want to join, that's perfectly alright.

    Either way, I'm thinking of starting this tuesday evening. I shan't have much to do during my shift, so I'll have plenty of time to start this. If there's any delays, I'll let yall know.
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  13. #13
    Warchief Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    If two more people want to join, that's perfectly alright.

    Either way, I'm thinking of starting this tuesday evening. I shan't have much to do during my shift, so I'll have plenty of time to start this. If there's any delays, I'll let yall know.
    i'll see if i can be there.. if everything goes allright i should be raiding however

  14. #14
    Its not like you have to post the minute it gets started, it'll be there (assuming I'm able to start it then, which is extremely likely) after your raid.
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  15. #15
    Warchief Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Its not like you have to post the minute it gets started, it'll be there (assuming I'm able to start it then, which is extremely likely) after your raid.
    yeah i know, i just dont like being the last to join :P

  16. #16
    I would like to give this a shot as an overly arrogant Death Knight for the "assault" team, if you'll have me. Haven't been in one of these for a few years though, might not find myself living up to my own standards.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That's how blood elves procreate, since they don't have males.
    Why do you think they are addicted to magic?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I would like to give this a shot as an overly arrogant Death Knight for the "assault" team, if you'll have me. Haven't been in one of these for a few years though, might not find myself living up to my own standards.
    If you can throw down a quick little blurb describing him, I'd be happy to have you
    ~ The Moderator Previously Known as The Madgod ~
    ~ My Youtube Channel ~ The Lore Corner Podcast ~ My Roleplaying Characters ~

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    If you can throw down a quick little blurb describing him, I'd be happy to have you
    Arrogant Night Elf who thinks Arthas shouldn't have been holding back so much?
    Too tired to think of anything good tonight. Probably throw down something tomorrow?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That's how blood elves procreate, since they don't have males.
    Why do you think they are addicted to magic?

  19. #19
    Field Marshal Istella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    56
    Just wanted to let you know that I slapped together Cecilia's bio. It's linked on my character page (if you are too lazy to go look for it yourself. )
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

    ~My RP Characters~

  20. #20
    Warchief Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,088
    and my rogue just got her own bio instead of what i threw together before (has the same elements, but some more stuff aswell)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •