[Bio] Asenya Straightarrow

((I am new to role playing, so any suggestions are more than welcome!))

Name: Asenya Straightarrow

Race: Night Elf

Languages: Being a curious and witty child, she has picked up a few languages, including Darnassian, Common, and Dwarven, either by physically interacting with people that speak the language during her hunts, or by spending days pouring over the dictionaries and scrolls that her father gave her from his travels.

Class: Huntress

Faction: None

Personality: Ever since she was a little girl, she had an insatiable thirst for knowledge. This drive also led her to be quiet, soft spoken, and slow to anger. She does have a sarcastic bite to some of her remarks, but in general she is easy to get along with. She never leaves anything to chance and is constantly checking her bow and arrows, her hair, her clothing, even the locks on her doors. Her faithful frostsaber, Resan, is always by her side, willing to do anything for his master.

Likes/Dislikes: She likes spending long nights in the forest, trying to get lost in the trees and splendor of the stars. She likes warm blankets on a cool morning, the feel of her hair when it's freshly braided, and the feel of Resan's soft fur. Among the things she dislikes, the ones that stand out the most are the Orcs, any desecration of her beloved forest, and when people stand too close to her.

Appearance: Standing at 6 feet 7 inches, she's average height for a female night elf. She has light skin with a very subtle hint of blue. Her long, snowy white hair is almost always braided tightly and neatly, hanging over her right shoulder, falling to almost her waist. Her eyes are almond shape and glow a soft blue, matching the twin tattoos on her cheeks that resemble leaves. Her bow is a simple recurve bow with a soft leather grip. Her arrows hang on her back, the feathers are those of the local birds, all of them also white. Her attire consists of form fitting mottled green and grey leather. Although she is supposed to be wearing chain, according to her father, she prefers the quietness of the leather. Her chest piece covers her chest, stomach and shoulders, but leaves her arms bare. Her belt is slim, with a simple silver buckle, and a few tiny pouches full of herbs to sell. Also hanging from her belt is a simple glinting dagger, but she rarely uses it. Her leggings are long, covering the tops of her ankle high boots. Her gloves leave her fingers exposed, but protects her palms. Her bracers rest against her gloves, ending a few inches below the elbow. She lacks shoulderpads, since they often get in the way of her arrows. To tie it all together, she has a small cloak hanging underneath her quiver. It has a hood that she pulls up when she's stalking prey during the night, to cover her give away hair.

Strengths/Weaknesses: She's a fast runner, able to jump pretty high to get into the trees to give her a sight advantage. Being a huntress all of her life, she is very deadly with her bow, and will often one hit kill her prey. She's also highly intelligent, able to pick up new languages quickly. In close combat, however, she is clunky and unsure of herself, never having to hone her skills with her dagger. She is often too trusting of new people, giving them the benefit of the doubt, thinking that she has no reason to distrust them.

History: Her father, Therlion, and mother, Jesana, live in a small hut in the forests of Feralas. Her father is a simple warrior and her mother, a priestess. They had Asenya at an early age, both of them around 120 years old. Ever since she was small, she had a love and reverence for nature. She hated to see animals in pain, and would rather end their life quickly and painlessly than let them suffer a cruel death. Every morning she would venture out into the warm forests and feed the small birds and critters that often gathered around their home. The animals always let her pet them, or tell them silly stories that she dreamed about the night before. She felt at home in these woods.

For her 60th birthday (roughly 10 human years), her father gave her an injured frostsaber. Instantly, she fell in love with the poor cat. She nurtured it back to health, and gave him a name: Resan. The cat followed her every where, always protecting her, playing with her, or taking lazy cap naps in the afternoon sun. They were, and still are, inseparable.

As soon as she was old enough to pick up a bow, she fell in love with it. It's simplicity betrayed it's deadly intent, and she knew that she could protect her land and her ancestors with it. She spent countless hours practicing, drawing the string over and over again until it felt like an extension of herself. She built herself up to be a master marksman, yet she still trained. Without much else to do, she could spend many nights scouting the near by land - learning where the wolves lived, how many pups they had, and where they hunted. She protected them from the ignorant travelers who often took the wildlife for granted.

For the past few years, her father began traveling from their hut to the ports in Ratchet. From there, he would get all sorts of unusual items from his friends in Stormwind, ranging from jewelry for her mother, to scrolls of ancient tales, to dictionaries, to trinkets. He often gave the books to Asenya, knowing that she craved knowledge of the world around her. From these books, she learned Common. The other language she knows came from a stranger that wandered too close to her family. A dwarf archaeologist was surveying the nearby land when she jumped down from a tree to confront him. The dwarf was jolly, and she loved his accent, even though they couldn't understand each other. She spent a few weeks learning from him, and him from her, about their languages. It was hard, but they eventually could speak to each other well enough to make decent conversation. A few weeks later, he had to depart. He had a large quota to fill and not much time left. Ironforge would not be pleased!

As her 120th birthday passed, it was time for her to set out on her own journey, to discover the world, to see the statues out side of Stormwind that her father talks about constantly, to see a desert, snowy mountains, and to find her place in the world. And so she set off to Ratchet to catch the next boat to the Eastern Kingdoms.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2012-06-15 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm fairly certain you need a faction, if you dont want to partake in horde v alliance, you can join a neutral faction

No, you don't need one. If you want your character to be completely independent, that should be OK.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

I read the faction page that the users created and I didn't find one that I felt connected with my character =/

Edit: Mehman, I read your bios and you chose Alliance and all that, I did not know I could do that D: I will change it to Alliance, then.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2012-06-15 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I read the faction page that the users created and I didn't find one that I felt connected with my character =/

Edit: Mehman, I read your bios and you chose Alliance and all that, I did not know I could do that D: I will change it to Alliance, then.
    i've chosen alliance on 1 character because it fits his story, i've chosen horde on another because it fits his story, and them i have 2 Argent crusade's because it fits their story, it's basicly just what i feel fit their story and what means i can be more lazy

I was trying to think of a faction that was hunter related but the only thing I can think of is the Cenarion Circle and that's more druidy...
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I was trying to think of a faction that was hunter related but the only thing I can think of is the Cenarion Circle and that's more druidy...
    you can always join the Argent crusade.. but that'd require some anti-scourge stuff from your part

Ehh my character hasn't encountered anything scourge related yet. She's been sheltered. All she knows is orcs are bad. Maybe once she develops more.

Before anything, let me be the first to welcome you to the roleplaying forums! So yeah, hai!

What's funny is that the Faction part of the bio template I made is for user-created factions only. Putting Horde or Alliance in that section was not its intention. The reasoning behind this is that it's fairly obvious to discern which of the two major (or, barring that, well-known canon) factions your character is part of from other parts of the bio. You were right the first time, as far as my original intent for that section is concerned :P

Feel free to keep it this way or change it, either way is fine.

6' 2" is actually on the short end of averages for female height, the higher end being 7' 2". Just felt like clarifying, do what you will with it.

I hope you know that Darnassus is only a fairly recent creation... at least... I'd guess 10 years old. It seemed like you had it be a bit older than that. As well I'd like to see some fleshing out of the history; it seems a bit short. You say your character knows a bit of draconic, which is exceedingly rare for a mortal. In particular, I'd like to hear how she learned a bit of this language, as well as some of her other adventures. Perhaps flesh out her love of animals, maybe with some experiences of how that part of her personality came to be. Same with the bow. Generally what I'm saying is if you spot yourself just saying at one point, she changed in some way (like discovering her love of languages, her love of the bow, etc), try and write out how she changed.

Aside from all that, I really like this character, and I'm looking forward to more of her. Once again, welcome to the forums

Thanks, Madgod for your help. As stated... I'm new and apparently didn't research well enough! I thought Darnassus was older than that, and that night elves weren't that tall. It shouldn't be too hard to change where she lived though, just need access to a decent library. And as for Draconic, I just wanted something special, something that not many people know...I'm still pondering how she learned it, since scrolls is a really dull way to learn such a fancy language. About her story, I just wanted to get the skeleton out and see what people thought. I will definitely put more effort into it though, as I've been wanting to role play a hunter for years, I just never sat down and put all my thoughts about it one place.

Yeah Darnassus was made after the events of warcraft III. With Nordrassil... kinda blown up, the newly-mortal night elves were rather desparate to create a second worldtree, IE: Teldrassil. Darnassus was made shortly after Teldrassil was made.

And yeah, night elves are pretty tall. Males are generally around 7 feet tall, females being shorter, as I said.

I should warn you about adding stuff just because it's cool or interesting, but if you're able to justify it, then it's okay. It's like giving a orc a mechanical arm when he is not an engineer nor of a race which often uses engineering. If he WAS an engineer, then it could be justified and would be perfectly fine.

As for a library of information, might I suggest wowpedia.org? It's the biggest lore archive on the web, and it's what I use whenever I have something I want to clarify. In terms of a possible home for your hunter, Auberdine in Darkshore has been around since before the Sundering, 10,000 years before warcraft I, so that might be a possible place. Ashenvale also has potential for a place of birth, since that was definitely settled more than 200 years ago.

Well I changed a few things...I dropped Draconic because I could not find a way to fit it in. Perhaps a different character...

She's definitely fleshed out a lot more. The only thing I have to critique is that you say that in her teens her father got her stuff from Ratchet, when Ratchet was made after Warcraft III. This is easily rectified by saying "For the past few years" instead of "As Asenya grew into a teenager", for example. Other that that, I really like this character, and I'm looking forward to seeing her in action.

And I thank you for putting up with me and my critiques, even if you're a bit dissapointed about the draconic. Perhaps later, you could make a dragon or a dragonsworn, a mortal in the service of a dragon. For now, I really think Asenya is a great start, and once again, I'm looking forward to roleplaying with her

Love it. Absolutely love it. Such deep descriptions, touching story about Resan . . . Love it.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

D'aww thank you, Mexy! I appreciate the help from Madgod and everyone here that helped me develop my character. I cannot wait to get into some role plays!

I can't wait to RP with Asenya. She sounds like an amazing and unique character. And your welcome =)
    Pyromaniac protégé.

A bit late to the party, but I really like the description of your character. The light gear really sells her to me. Chainmail for hunters always seemed over the top to me. The exclusion of shoulder armor is just logical. Sound character and again bonus points for including a proper pet. Hopefully we can RP together soon
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-06-18 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks, Khorianas! I appreciate the feed back I'm eager to roleplay with some of you veterans and learn how to describe what I'm doing better, lol.