Neurotic MMO Player Looking for Home...

I'm bored with all the MMO's I have tried. I have no recurring subscriptions to any game at the moment.

WoW: Played for five years, quit in January. My only problem with it was I exclusively played it for four years. Loved the cross-server dungeonfinder. May go back for Pandas, but not before then.

RIFT: Played from launch to January. Quit to play SWTOR. Love the cross-server dungeon finder. Trion seems to be the only company nowadays working to earn its subscriptions.

SWTOR: Got bored leveling the 2nd and 3rd toons through the same quests. Playing end game was boring because I had to go through a bunch of loading screens and spaceships to do daily quest content. I'm thinking of coming back for 1.3 with the dungeonfinder and megaservers.

DCUO: Got a toon up to level 20. Pretty fun, but the music gets repetitive and the one action-bar restriction bugs me. I liked the ease of finding dungeon groups.

Diablo 3: Got to Inferno difficulty and I'm not in the mood to farm to progress beyond Act I. Rolling alts got boring.

LOTRO: Bought the Steam Starter Pack. I'm level 30 and the quests are just way to grindy for my tastes. I also dislike the ability-delay. The prices Turbine charges for old expansion content is ridiculous. I also cannot use dungeonfinder to do instance content that isn't cutting edge. Cross-server would be nice though supposedly I'm on the croweded Aussie server. Still there is little low-level dungeon action.

Currently I'm downloading TERA for the free trial. Not sure I will find it to my liking, but the combat system looks refreshing and the political system is intriguing.

Any suggestions? Note that ease of finding group instance content without having to talk to anyone is a major priority I have in an MMO. Does Aeon and Star Track Online make grouping easy like WoW, RIFT, and DCUO currently do?

Look into The Secret World

Tera, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, WildStar, Firefall, Blade and Soul

Tell us what you want from the game, and it'll be a lot easier to give you suggestions. Also, a kitten is skinned alive and brutally murdered every time someone calls Diablo an MMO.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-16 at 03:05 AM.

I suggest RL. That many MMOs can't be good for you...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I suggest RL. That many MMOs can't be good for you...
    I have about 12 of them installed that I play from time to time >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Tera, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, WildStar, Firefall, Blade and Soul

Tell us what you want from the game, and it'll be a lot easier to give you suggestions. Also, a kitten is skinned alive and brutally murdered every time someone calls Diablo an MMO.
    Two things:

1) Ease of automatically grouping at all level ranges throughout the game. WoW and RIFT do it well with the cross-server instance finder. DCUO does it well with megaservers.

2) Responsive combat controls free of ability delay. I'm not a fan of clunky combat.

Currently I'm in the starter area of Tera as I'm doing the seven day trial. It passes my combat responsiveness test, but I have no idea how dungeon grouping will work as I'm not at a high enough level.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Two things:

1) Ease of automatically grouping at all level ranges throughout the game. WoW and RIFT do it well with the cross-server instance finder. DCUO does it well with megaservers.

2) Responsive combat controls free of ability delay. I'm not a fan of clunky combat.

Currently I'm in the starter area of Tera as I'm doing the seven day trial. It passes my combat responsiveness test, but I have no idea how dungeon grouping will work as I'm not at a high enough level.
    Well that immediately rules out GW2 and TSW then. Firefall is an FPSMMO. Blade and Soul and Wildstar are up and coming releases that I have not much idea about.

Try out Tera. It seems pretty solid. I don't know how the grouping works in it though.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Tera-Online

Just ask whatever you need in here.

edit: I didn't read the last part of that quote. >_<
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-16 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Well that immediately rules out GW2 and TSW then. Firefall is an FPSMMO. Blade and Soul and Wildstar are up and coming releases that I have not much idea about.

Try out Tera. It seems pretty solid. I don't know how the grouping works in it though.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Tera-Online

Just ask whatever you need in here.

edit: I didn't read the last part of that quote. >_<
    For the purpose of this thread I rule out GW2 because it isn't coming out until Novemberish. I actually plan on buying that one.

Has Arenanet outright said there would be no dungeonfinder?

The Secret World won't have a dungeonfinder either?

Champions Online is pretty good. Doesn't have a proper dungeon finder for the normal instance thingies (I've honestly never even run a single one in the few years I've played) but it does have a nice little quasi-dungeon group maker. You basically just go do little events. Pretty fun.

Two things:

GW2 seems to do the grouping thing pretty well throughout the leveling process seeing as there is no killstealing, and that you actually benefit from playing with other people, not too sure about the dungeon play yet.

I'm digging TERA for now. Dungeon-finder is cross-server and the combat is senselessly responsive.

I'm digging TERA for now. Dungeon-finder is cross-server and the combat is senselessly responsive.
    Glad we could help you out then.