Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Persons under 15 who have illegal parents stay here while their parents get deported?

Am I understanding this correctly?

If so, is this what we should be doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    You do know my question is rhetorical, right?

People talk about Immigration Law like they do about the Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    Persons under 15 who have illegal parents stay here while their parents get deported?

Am I understanding this correctly?

If so, is this what we should be doing?
    No, its essentially if you're an adult and you were brought here illegally as a child but have since graduated from highschool or gotten a GED or served in the military without committing other crimes you'll be able to apply for a work visa and won't be deported.

Its a good deal for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    your keep bringing up children in just about every post but this discussion was about adults that grew up here illegal
    Yeah. In a topic about prosecuting "crimes" committed by people when they were under 16. Imagine that.

Yes I do have a problem with it. Anytime someone in the government wants to do something and tries to back door the system, they do it "for the children". We do not separate children from their parents in this country unless it is extreme circumstances. Look at Elian Gonzalez where the court upheld parental rights to the point they returned the kid to Cuba. Why am I mentioning this? Because when they grant amnesty to the "young" they will then say we cant kick their parents out. Kids get amnesty, parents get it by default, Democrats get the Hispanic vote. Dirty politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Yes I do have a problem with it. Anytime someone in the government wants to do something and tries to back door the system, they do it "for the children". We do not separate children from their parents in this country unless it is extreme circumstances. Look at Elian Gonzalez where the court upheld parental rights to the point they returned the kid to Cuba. Why am I mentioning this? Because when they grant amnesty to the "young" they will then say we cant kick their parents out. Kids get amnesty, parents get it by default, Democrats get the Hispanic vote. Dirty politics.
    The actual order in question is targeted at young adult and adult illegals who were brought here when underage. By and large these are English speaking, productive individuals who have, at best, very vague memories of living in another country.

It has nothing to do with new immigrant families.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No, its essentially if you're an adult and you were brought here illegally as a child but have since graduated from highschool or gotten a GED or served in the military without committing other crimes you'll be able to apply for a work visa and won't be deported.

Yeah I can't really object to that. I tip my hat to Obama, Immigration has been a mess for...ever? Slick campaign move too.

Also, just to help me understand correctly, why do most people come here illegally? Is our policy too strict? Unreasonable? I know this detracts from the discussion but I don't feel like I can contribute until I fully understand what I'm arguing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Kids get amnesty
    It's not an amnesty.

No. You don't have to be an adult. In fact, it doesn't appear to apply to those over 30. And you don't have to have graduated from high school, you can still be in high school. And it's not a work visa, it's a renewable 2 year deportation deferment.

Also, just to help me understand correctly, why do most people come here illegally? Is our policy too strict? Unreasonable? I know this detracts from the discussion but I don't feel like I can contribute until I fully understand what I'm arguing for.
    Well many of them come from dangerous or unstable countries so there's that. If you're unskilled or don't have family here its pretty impossible to get in too. Our immigration law chokes the number of untrained immigrants pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    Yeah I can't really object to that. I tip my hat to Obama, Immigration has been a mess for...ever? Slick campaign move too.

No, most people come here illegally because the immigration department sets very strict numbers, and they don't want to wait. It's particularly tough to get whole families over the border at once.

I'm of two minds about deporting illegals. On one hand, we do have laws on it. On the other, the laws are largely worthless and backwards, and the entire rationale behind them, the idea of a finite amount of work, is ludicrous.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Its the Dream Act with out all those pesky checks and balances to get in the way.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am comfortable with this law/EO/whatever this is.

While I might receive some backlash for this, I honestly believe that every "illegal alien" in this country should be granted citizenship. However after doing that, I think real immigration laws should be put in to place to help streamline the process of coming to this country, but also crack down on those who decide to still come illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its the Dream Act with out all those pesky checks and balances to get in the way.
    The dream act is full fledged amnesty and a path to citizenship, depending on the specific bill.

All this is is the Executive choosing how its going to enforce a law it doesn't have the ability to full enforce.

The dream act is full fledged amnesty and a path to citizenship, depending on the specific bill.

All this is is the Executive choosing how its going to enforce a law it doesn't have the ability to full enforce.
    I should have said, "It's basically the dream act with out all those pesky checks and balances"
    READ and be less Ignorant.

How can they prove they came here as children, and what type of oversight is there going to be?

IMO, deport them all. You want to emigrate here, follow the proper channels. If you don't qualify, then sorry, you'll have to make do in your own country.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I should have said, "It's basically the dream act with out all those pesky checks and balances"
    Ok, but its not, as I just explained.

Cool, Obama wants votes so he starts letting criminals do whatever they want. That makes me feel safe.

The number of people blowing this out of proportion is not unexpected but still sad.

IMO if you are here illegally you should be deported. It shouldn't matter what age anyone is. We have a process for legal citizenship and all immigrants should be required to follow it. All this is, is a move to get more votes during an election year. nothing more
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cosset - 90 Tauren Druid
    Zinzrah - 100 Undead Rogue