Spammers in General the last day or so

how are there so *MANY* gold spammers in the general channel lately? I Like to be in that channel to look for groups of people that need help or want to get farming groups together, and the rare legit traders..I have my ignore list so full that I do not even know how many more I can put on there, I ignored literally over 30 people last night alone! What is going on with this? How are they getting all these accounts? And this is just in the channel with like 65 people at 4 am!

Is there really any point to using the general channel? The first thing I do when I log in is type in /leave general

As to how they get their cards, they use other people's accounts. The ones they have compromised.
    Last edited by ara; 2012-06-15 at 10:53 PM.

I already said in my post what I use it for, once you ignore all the trolls its actually quite pleaseant.

Last day or so? They drove me out of general weeks ago.

I also have not seen very much pleasantness or "rare legit traders." The people trading legit are using the AH, and sometimes the trade channel, but there are scammers there too. I wouldn't trust anyone to trade from a chat channel though, especially since Blizz's stance on scammers is, it's your fault, don't like it use the AH.

If you want to find a farming group, why use general? Why not use the LFG channel, it's there for a reason. You could also build a friends list from the wonderful sticky here or other fan sites. IMO though, it's actually easier to farm solo instead of having to carry people, unless you're one of the ones that needs carrying.