[Music] Linkin Park - Living Things

There's a stream of the album on itunes right here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M....7RI.DVon1H5qA

If it doesn't work, try chaning your country.

I couldn't get it to work even by doing that but I've heard it through other means >.> and I've gotta say it is SO MUCH better than A Thousand Suns and Minutes To Mindnight. I'm really enjoying this album!

I absolutely love the album, especially Victimized and Castle of Glass. Completely agree that it is much better than ATS and MtM!

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    I've gotta say it is SO MUCH better than A Thousand Suns and Minutes To Mindnight. I'm really enjoying this album!
    i hope it does, ive been listening to them since they where a garage bang, A Thousand suns and Minutes to Midnight where unbearable...i hated every song...so i hope this new album is better

10+ Year Old Account
    I've honestly enjoyed all of their albums. They realize that you are not stuck to a single genre as a musician and should experiment. It takes quite a lot to experiment until you get the sound that they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxzal View Post
    I absolutely love the album, especially Victimized and Castle of Glass. Completely agree that it is much better than ATS and MtM!
    I gotta say my favorite of the album is I'll Be Gone. I just love the way Chester sings that song!

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I've honestly enjoyed all of their albums. They realize that you are not stuck to a single genre as a musician and should experiment. It takes quite a lot to experiment until you get the sound that they produce.
    Thank you! As much as I did not enjoy ATS and MtM as I did Meteora, I respect the band for realising that producing the same sound over and over again becomes stale and boring. While they classify their new music as experimenting, to me they are quality songs that are a lot better than the music being produced today. I hope they continue to make music, while many people hate them, I absolutely love the band.

O RLY?

I FULLY expect to be THOROUGHLY DISSAPOINTED.

I will check it out, and report back with my likely massive dissapointment.

Edit : It's telling me this is not available in the US, apparently not in the UK or Canada either when I tried switching iTunes country

Edit : I went on youtube and checked a few leaked songs out

The Evolution of Linkin Park :

Album #1 : LEGENDARY

Album #2 : Very Good

Album #3 : Decent

Album #4 : Decent

Album #5 : Devolved into complete fucking joke. People should stop using Bieber as the whipping boy of music and start using LP as the whipping boy butt-of-all-jokes relating to music.

Fuck this shit, they fucking just totally suck now.
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-06-19 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    After a thousand suns i thought that i would never listen to a Linkin Park album...they had burn it down on radio 1 and it reminded me of the old Meteora stuff heavy but lyrics ridden with various emotions which is what they known for. A lot less political motivated this one is when can only be a good thing. WaitingforMOP I'm guessing you didn't listen to reanimation then?

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    WaitingforMOP I'm guessing you didn't listen to reanimation then?
    Yes I did, that is not considered the same as the other albums

That was a REMIX album, featuring old songs remixed. Not the same thing so I didn't mention it.

ANYWAY the link has been officially posted by LP and despite the steaming pile of shit I heard briefly on Youtube, I am going to sit there and listen to this album stream, HOPEFULLY I just listened to all the wrong songs and this thing as a whole does not suck. But I have little faith in Linkin Park anymore.

We'll see..... we'll see....

Edit : Fuckin stream cut out after 1 song, it sucked too. LP is a bunch of pussies now. watever
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-06-19 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    So because of a stream cutting out which is by apple you decided that the band now sucked? Yeah ok.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Yes I did, that is not considered the same as the other albums

That was a REMIX album, featuring old songs remixed. Not the same thing so I didn't mention it.

ANYWAY the link has been officially posted by LP and despite the steaming pile of shit I heard briefly on Youtube, I am going to sit there and listen to this album stream, HOPEFULLY I just listened to all the wrong songs and this thing as a whole does not suck. But I have little faith in Linkin Park anymore.

We'll see..... we'll see....

Edit : Fuckin stream cut out after 1 song, it sucked too. LP is a bunch of pussies now. watever
    Did you know the reason they changed style is mainly that Chester is unable to sing like he used to?

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Did you know the reason they changed style is mainly that Chester is unable to sing like he used to?
    This. His vocals back in the first 2 albums completely blew away any vocals right now. He could scream like a motherfucker and you could still understand him, unlike the screamo shit today. If you saw them live, you could definitely tell.
    Last edited by Arrow91; 2012-06-19 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    So because of a stream cutting out which is by apple you decided that the band now sucked? Yeah ok.....
    No, I heard the 1st track entirely on that stream it sucked

I heard "Lies Greed Misery" on LPs official youtube, it sucked

I heard like 3-4 more songs that were leaked on youtube, they all sucked

"Burn it down" is fairly good, but I mean I've honestly heard at least half of the album and found that whole half to suck out loud, if half the album sucks out loud there's no way I'm gonna go buy it

Plus this is coming following a streak of suckdom, the previous 2 albums sucked too, not THIS bad but they did. LP gets progressively worse and worse...
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-06-19 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    This. His vocals back in the first 2 albums completely blew away any vocals right now. He could scream like a motherfucker and you could still understand him, unlike the screamo shit today. If you saw them live, you could definitely tell.
    Y, heard them live recently, and frankly, some of their older songs were... underperformed and not impressive at all, sadly.

Also, everyone gets old, so does LP, and they change style according to how their lives and minds change... If you don't like it, then leave it... I love it, both new and old.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    No, I heard the 1st track entirely on that stream it sucked

I heard "Lies Greed Misery" on LPs official youtube, it sucked

I heard like 3-4 more songs that were leaked on youtube, they all sucked

"Burn it down" is fairly good, but I mean I've honestly heard at least half of the album and found that whole half to suck out loud, if half the album sucks out loud there's no way I'm gonna go buy it

Plus this is coming following a streak of suckdom, the previous 2 albums sucked too, not THIS bad but they did. LP gets progressively worse and worse...
    Opinions are opinions. I think Lies Greed and Misery are one of their best songs to date along with Lost in the Echo.

Deleted
    Linkin Park is a great band. Must admit however none of their new music is really getting to me.
    There were a few songs on MtM that I liked but they weren't really that good, Qwerty was pretty good. I don't really like anything after ATS and on.

I have listened to LP for a long time now and if you don't think they are a completely different band entirely now you are just in denial. I sat today and listened all the way from hybrid theory to this new album living things within one sitting and if you do as I have done you will clearly be able to tell that they started to change from around mid way through minutes to midnight but they still had a couple songs within that album that were faster paced.

Pretty much you can like them as they are now but they are not anywhere close to what they were and some would say its due to the genre killing Chester Bennington's voice but honestly even if that was a factor you can just judge the tempo of all their songs in "A Thousand Suns" and "Living Things" to anything from "Meteora" or "Hybrid Theory".

They are still some of the most successful pioneers of nu metal and I love their music for that but I love it for what it was and not what it is now that is my opinion.