Got a new laptop. Got questions.

I got a new laptop and i was playing WoW to see how many fps i was getting. On ultra i got about 30 flying around and i wasnt lagging but my computer was getting really hot so i just turned off wow. I was wondering if my computer if suppose to get hot or no? is it normal to get hot? Also, the screen is really hurting my eyes. Does this go away after a while? Also if you have any tips let me know on how to properly take care of my laptop cause i want it to last a few years.

Laptops get hot. Get a cooling pad for it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Laptops get hot. Get a cooling pad for it.
    Ya i ordered one. Its coming in the mail.

i want my lap top working when i down its led.. Any trick ????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles11 View Post
    My computer was getting really hot so i just turned off wow. I was wondering if my computer if suppose to get hot or no? is it normal to get hot?
    Laptops tend to get really hot. Try the software SpeedFan and ramp up your fan's RPM.

Also, the screen is really hurting my eyes. Does this go away after a while?
    Are you sitting in a dark room, or how is it hurting your eyes? F.lux makes it easier on your eyes to look at in a dark room.

Also if you have any tips let me know on how to properly take care of my laptop cause i want it to last a few years.
    Avoid scratches etc. Defragment it from time to time. CCleaner is nice for deleting unneccersary files.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock123 View Post
    i want my lap top working when i down its led.. Any trick ????
    Assuming you mean lid?
    1. Click Start
    2. Search for Power Options
    3. Click 'When I close the lid' something in the left pane, and change it from 'Sleep' to 'Nothing'.