Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Reverse racism and reverse sexism are just as bad as the the regular kinds.

Heh OP, ever hear of a comedian named Chris rock... yea his whole career is based on taking advantage of what you are talking about here.

Deleted
    Packer, where are you from?

If you by any chance can understand Dutch I can mention you a series of commercials where women are dumb, where foreigners are portrayed in certain roles.

Also luckily the law system isn't as simple as 1, 2, 3, I had sex with a man, I bruise myself and him go to jail. As if the man cannot speak up and say it's baloney, and as if we do not have proper ways to investigate the possibility of lies. Lucky me! Time to sue some of my exes who I hold a grudge against :>

But yes, stereotypes about white men or men in general have grown in popularity. As if the big amount of stereotypes about hard working/ math genius asians do no excist, japanese photographing everything or the women going kawaii and peace fingers on everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZQgp6Wx48
    For the people who speak Dutch and haven't seen it yet, it's too funny It is about Moroccan and Polish stereotypes within the Netherlands; abusing the good old forms of racism
    Last edited by mmoc45e723b82e; 2012-06-16 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    You can't just make wanton accusations that someone raped you, and expect them to be punished for it, if there's no proof. In order for someone to receive criminal prosecution for sexual assault, it has to be proven in Court that it actually occurred
    Actually, my boyfriend's brother is in jail (sentenced to 25 years) because his ex-girlfriend accused him of molesting her son. When they broke up, she literally told him "I will ruin your life." She was a suicidal woman, and was even found guilty of larceny (she stole stuff from her own father who was transitioning into a retirement home at the time.) There was NO evidence presented, and no witness (besides the boy himself). A woman who examined the boy at a camp for abused children, said that there was NO evidence in this situation and she wouldn't have expected for there to be any. (But the boy, age 6, said the grown man's hand was forced somewhere it shouldn't have been... What? That wouldn't cause any evidence?) Oh, and the boy's story kept changing while he was on the stand. I've listened to the whole trial audio, and it's bull. The judge even interrupted his public defender when he went to object to things... before he could even explain himself it was just "I know what you're going to say, sit down."

Oh, and during the trial the boy's mother admitted to him telling her about his step-brother putting his hands where they shouldn't be in their SHARED, LOCKED room at his father's house... Hmm, guess they just switched the perp's names to fit their situation.

Stuff like this DOES happen. And it DOES ruin people's lives.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Only the first and fourth seem sexist a bit and I even could argue that the first is targeted at blonds (not girls but blonds in general) and the fourth is a very old commercial (from the looks).
    You don't remember the Bacardi and Cola commercials?? Was the 2000s if I remember correctly, 2005 it seems from news articles. Was a bunch of them, all really sexist. As I said, I don't find them offensive at all, but there are a ton of shows/commercials/movies that are making fun of women. They're jokes, it's not some big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    Actually, my boyfriend's brother is in jail (sentenced to 25 years) because his ex-girlfriend accused him of molesting her son. When they broke up, she literally told him "I will ruin your life." She was a suicidal woman, and was even found guilty of larceny (she stole stuff from her own father who was transitioning into a retirement home at the time.) There was NO evidence presented, and no witness (besides the boy himself). A woman who examined the boy at a camp for abused children, said that there was NO evidence in this situation and she wouldn't have expected for there to be any. (But the boy, age 6, said the grown man's hand was forced somewhere it shouldn't have been... What? That wouldn't cause any evidence?) Oh, and the boy's story kept changing while he was on the stand. I've listened to the whole trial audio, and it's bull. The judge even interrupted his public defender when he went to object to things... before he could even explain himself it was just "I know what you're going to say, sit down."

Oh, and during the trial the boy's mother admitted to him telling her about his step-brother putting his hands where they shouldn't be in their SHARED, LOCKED room at his father's house... Hmm, guess they just switched the perp's names to fit their situation.

Stuff like this DOES happen. And it DOES ruin people's lives.
    Once again... like I've said earlier, it does happen, but it's very rare

Just because something happens to someone you know, doesn't mean it's going on all over the place every day
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account

Just because something happens to someone you know, doesn't mean it's going on all over the place every day
    True. But lately there have been a huge amount of stories about people being released after 10, 15, 20, 25 years for crimes they didn't commit. Look up the Innocence Project. On Facebook, they post a news article almost everyday about cases like this... It doesn't happen everyday, you're right, but something is sure effed up about our justice system. I've been a law-abiding citizen my whole life, and now I'm paranoid I'm going to go to jail over nothing.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Deleted
    How do you prove, as a man, that a woman raped you? It happens...

I too, use Adam Sandler movies as evidence that white males are the most oppressed members of society.

It is rare, but that's because most people arn't complete pieces of shit who take advantage of the system.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvre View Post
    I too, use Adam Sandler movies as evidence that white males are the most oppressed members of society.
    It was an example in a commercial. Please forgive me.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 06:18 PM ----------

No... read what I linked you earlier

For it to be considered sexual assault, one must prove that it was non consensual
    You tell me how to prove that it was non consensual.

If I went to my neighbors house and actually raped the girl that lives there, what evidence would there be other than the evidence that I had sex with her? None.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    You don't remember the Bacardi and Cola commercials?? Was the 2000s if I remember correctly, 2005 it seems from news articles. Was a bunch of them, all really sexist. As I said, I don't find them offensive at all, but there are a ton of shows/commercials/movies that are making fun of women. They're jokes, it's not some big deal.
    That is what most people seem to forget and should understand that most of these jokes/commercials/TV-shows (regardless of gender) are said as jokes and are not meant to be taken seriously. So, Yeah I kind agree that people shouldn't be offended by these things REALLY.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do get it and I don't give a shit. I'm happy!

The racial doublestandard against white people has been around a loooong time.

I think it largely stems from white people (as a majority) just not caring whereas minorities get their panties in a twist anytime someone says anything that they could somehow twist into being offensive.

Reminds me of this sketch from the Boondocks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA
    The relevant part starts at 1:10

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Packers View Post
    You tell me how to prove that it was non consensual.

If I went to my neighbors house and actually raped the girl that lives there, what evidence would there be other than the evidence that I had sex with her? None.
    Actually rape is pretty easy to prove from vaginal tearing. There are visual differences between consensual sex and rape that anyone trained knows what to look for.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2012-06-16 at 06:52 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

You can't just make wanton accusations that someone raped you, and expect them to be punished for it, if there's no proof. In order for someone to receive criminal prosecution for sexual assault, it has to be proven in Court that it actually occurred

http://www.welfareacademy.org/pubs/c...exualabuse.pdf

What you're suggesting has been tried before, and in fact has both worked, and not woked. It has been known to happen, where a woman will go to great effort to beat herself up (bruising, vaginal tearing, etc), to provide evidence of assault, and on some occasions, she has gotten away with it
    I guess you haven't heard of the story of Brian Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers View Post
    Ok,

So I have been watching more TV lately and I have come to realize so many things that piss me off.
    Lesson one, don't watch TV.

I have began to notice, that the white male is now considered inferior, or fun to make fun of. I am not a white male, not do I care if races/genders are made fun of for the most part. However, I CAN'T STAND the mass hypocrisy in our society nowadays.
    It might appear that way in a skewed television-land scenario, but in the real world the white male is far from considered inferior or in anyway at a disadvantage other than by people trying to pretend that white people have done nothing wrong and that it's the minorities fault for being so demanding (Not implying that's what you're doing, that's just the most common example of people using 'White Males are the most underpriveliged group in society)

There are several examples I can come up with when thinking about how males in general and to specify more, white males, are subject to ridicule.
    Yeah, gotta hate all those racial slurs aimed at white men /sarcasm

1. There is a movie called "White men can't jump", if there was a movie called "Black men can't swim" chaos would ensue.
    Well, one is a physiological advantage (Black people DO jump higher than white people of the same build and taller) the other is a cultural thing that has a lot to do with ancestors never being taught because they were slaves, and as such the knowledge hasn't been passed on as widely as it has among white people for example who have had their fair amount of leisure time. Oh and also because of hair.

2. There are several commercials where a man will be extraordinarily stupid and his wife/someone else will save him. Some examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRLYqP7ZoM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PT_2yHJH8c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpgeACOMS9o
    First one is targetting women as a market, they're not going to make the woman look stupid. Second one is set in a business setting where sadly it is predominantly white, not so much racism as trying to portray the scenario as accurately as possible. Third one is just the typical clueless parent stereotype. I mean none of these are malicious or anything.

3. Anyone ever see one of the commercials for the new Adam Sandler movie, "That's my Boy"? In one of the commercials it speaks about how Adam Sandler had sex with his teacher when he was a kid in the movie, then a black man shakes his head and says, "White people..." for some reason I can't find this trailer on youtube. However, if a black guy stole something in a movie trailer and a white guy shook his head and said, "black people" that movie would get SHIT ON.
    Woah, now that's where you go off rails. You're comparing something that rarely happens (A kid sleeping with their teacher) to actual racism. One is appropriate to laugh about because of the absurdity, the other is demonstrating your bias. They're not comparable at all.

4. Kind of a big leap here, but if a woman ever wants to fuck a man over its so easy! A woman can just go out with a man and when they break up, if she gets mad a him she can say he raped her! Guess what! The dude is fucked for life!!!
    You're right, it is quite a leap. I mean it comes across as if you believe that every woman is willing to break the law to ruin someones life but the only reason they haven't yet is that they haven't met the right person. Are there preconcieved notions about gender in society today? Yes. Playing the victim however isn't the way to solve it.

Now I just don't understand why our society wants to take such a big shit on males, and to a higher degree, white males, nowadays. However, it's very hypocritical.
    Except they don't. Being born a White Heterosexual European Male I'm ridiculously privileged, that's just a fact. Because I understand how difficult people who aren't born in my situation have it, I'm less inclined to throw a hissy fit about some misconception.

Wow long post is long, just wanted to break down the original points in case anyone started to feel like the OP had a valid point.

10+ Year Old Account
    People think there's a free pass to do it now,because it was the opposite in the past. It doesn't make it right, and it also annoys me.
    It's like the one demographic that isn't allowed to protest their treatment- the White heterosexual male.
    An endangered species.

Kind of like how most gay people on tv are portayed as being the most flaming version possible. That just pisses me off. They're portrayed to be some super exaggerated cartoon character, and they've replaced the family pet in sitcoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Welcome to the 21st century.

Literally the polar opposite of the 20th.
    Quoted for truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Kind of like how most gay people on tv are portayed as being the most flaming version possible. That just pisses me off. They're portrayed to be some super exaggerated cartoon character, and they've replaced the family pet in sitcoms.
    Yeah, that irritates me to no end these days. You don't act flamboyant just because you're homosexual - it's an outdated and quite frankly false and damaging stereotype that is only fuelling the doubt and shyness many men (and women) have about their sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account

Groups that always get it worse in the media/entertainment, in order:

Middle Eastern people (this includes Indians because the media doesn't care about distinctions)
    Asians
    Hispanics
    Homosexuals
    Blacks
    Jewish
    Catholics
    White Woman
    White male

Every minority group on the face of the Earth has been the brunt of stereotypes and jokes in the media/entertainment industry. Not once have I seen anything deregatory against white males and not even close to what white females get. Every one gets poked fun at in the industry, get off your high horse and stop trolling. At least white males aren't ridiculously typecast every other group I have listed.

This forum has a fetish for race related/don't put the white guy down threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is because white males have more important shit to do in their spare time than get angry at the media like most minorities do. I mean when im not ballin out killing dragons im hunting, building shit, fixing cars, picking up chicks, or shooting guns and being tough. We are frankly just way to fucking awesome to give a flying fuck about dumb stereotypes. The rest of the people in the world should take heed and follow suit, and stop being huge pussies.