Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Assuming you are able to do this tactic without being killed by guards/other players...

Essentially, the only time Blizzard would step in is if you took it too far. Camping someone for several hours, for example. That falls under harassment and would earn you a ban.

A few kills in a row would be fine. Of course, you also have to remember that as soon as you unstealth for the second or third time, people will be watching and waiting for you. So I doubt this would work in your favour anyways.

Multi-boxing is fine, ganking is fine. It's only the harassment issue, and that would only be after a few consecutive hours of camping.

As have been stated already: That level 85 rogue would never to able to kill that level 1 bank char. You can't kill players who are not flagged for pvp, even on pvp servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've failed to answer why you have lvl 1 alts flagged for pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Forget the level 1, it was an error on an unimportant example. It's not the point. Most of the alts that post are above 80 since they are also on professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you being attacked outside of cities then? Level is irrelevant, you still cannot be attacked in your own faction's city unless you are flagged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

pvp server, not harrassment...

there is no way to prove he's a competitor, which is irrelevant anyway, pvp server. go to a different auction house, there's one in dalaran or shattrath where you can't be ganked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Are you being attacked outside of cities then? Level is irrelevant, you still cannot be attacked in your own faction's city unless you are flagged.
    on a pvp server? on the blah?
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-06-16 at 07:02 PM.

This is dumb, hypothetical and def not harassment in any shape or form...dont like pvp dont play on a pvp server. this is griefing by the very definition but nothing worthy of punishment from blizzard...

Wait until the black market comes out...regular occurrence I forsee
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2012-06-16 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabiji View Post
    Faction cities aren't flagged. You only have pvp on if you came from a pvp zone, for 5 minutes. So this idea doesn't really work.
    Neautral AH.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    on a pvp server?
    Countless people in your thread have already said this, NO. On a pvp server, when you are in your factions controlled territory, you cannot be attacked by the opposite faction unless you flag yourself by rightclicking your portrait and setting it, or came from a contested territory less than 5 minutes previously.

Also as several people have said, you wouldn't be very successful at getting continuous kills, you would be killed almost instantly everytime you broke stealth after the 1-2 at most 3 times unless you are on a complete dead server and this alt you're tracking down doesn't know how to switch AHs or cities.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Countless people in your thread have already said this, NO. On a pvp server, when you are in your factions controlled territory, you cannot be attacked by the opposite faction unless you flag yourself by rightclicking your portrait and setting it, or came from a contested territory less than 5 minutes previously.
    Or instigate the attack of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decra View Post
    If they have been in the city for more than 5mins they won't be toggled PVP unless they always have it on, plus one rogue agaisnt a AH full of players may not have too much success.
    that rogue is either a pro, or the horde are yet again Losers! , for the alliance, but on topic.. PVP is aloud anywhere and every where on a PvP server , if you dont like it go to a pve server.

If they're ganking you turn pvp off if you are on a pve server. If you are on a pvp server it is your own problem, you shouldn't have picked that server if you didn't want things like this.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Deleted
    Its just stupid close pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Would not be harassment. It's called a PvP situation that if you invite friends it could turn into a world PvP. PvP is part of the game, if youre flagged for PvP then it's fair game for anyone wanting to kill you over and over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Countless people in your thread have already said this, NO.
    Why would that work on the black market auction house?

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Why would that work on the black market auction house?
    Well first off, I made no claim whatsoever about the BMAH, but to answer your question, from what I understand the BMAH isn't going to be accessible from faction controlled areas, therefore on a pvp server you would be flagged when using it. This thread was about stopping your competitors on the real AH though, players don't list things on the BMAH, so either way is irrelevant.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused.. is he killing players for laughs or is he trying to ensure his auctions are going up on his second account??? So he targets a servers JC's to ensure his auctions are posted at the price he wants and then on the first account ganks the other posters?? What is the point of this ?
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

The Black market house is a black market. There should be risks involved just like the risks that exist in real life black markets (buying drugs from dealers, making use of prostitutes, etc.) No one is "required" to use the BMAH. Further, anyone who has that much of a problem with it merely needs to ask guildies/random people from their faction to come take out the ganker. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who would gladly jump on the chance to kill a vile rogue from the other faction.

So in answer to your question, I don't know if Blizzard would do something or not, but I sure hope they don't. People need to stop crying everytime things don't run as perfectly as they'd hoped and learn to be self-sufficient.

Deleted
    Anyway, the side issues some people bring are irrelevant. This is about 'gaming ethics' of multiboxing. I personally believe it's unfair, equivalent to saying "I pay more so my team in this sport has 2 more players than your team". Take it or leave it. It's just an opinion.

You have every right to take Blizzard's opinion as a mantra or to believe it's ok, but I won't. Multiboxing is affecting negatively the game for me since it's unfair and disturbing and the only reason blizzard accepts it is money.

They would ban it if it would not bring them money.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-06-16 at 07:06 PM.