Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1800-2500 on most days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    For me it depends. If I'm pretty active it's 1500-2000 a day if I'm just sitting around it's 800 a day

What about you, MMO-Champion Off-Topic?
    Not a clue what so ever! Hopefully it's less then I use, as I'm trying to lose weight. Or atleast not gain any.

I used to drink coffee and soda all the time too, but I don't think I could ever again. I recommend you replace the coffee with water
    I would if I don't need to stay up so late
    I'm trying to transition to tea though. Feels much better past midnight and when I drink a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Up to my mid twenties, I could eat and drink as much as I want and never put on weight, however as you get older, you have to watch out more and take control.

Plus it sounds like you are fairly active anyway, maybe you would notice a difference if you sat around doing nothing all day for a month eating 2800 calories a day.

Maybe for a full month, something would happen. I can go for a week and so no difference however. I weigh myself pretty regularly.

I have absolutely no idea since I don't really care, I eat when I feel like it and I eat what I feel like eating.

Around 4500-5000 calories daily, bulking up atm.

I recommend you replace the coffee with water
    Black coffee is an insignificant source of calories. Of course, all the creamers and crap people put in there adds up pretty quick, but the coffee itself is not a weigh gainer.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure atm, but it's a lot less than I used to. I now only have breakfast of Two Weetabix, dinner a Chicken Breast and tea whatever I feel like with no snacking inbetween. I now drink much more water instead of Coke, and before I eat my Chicken Breast do about 25 Minutes of exercise. I also go on a walk every day. Seeing some definite changes though, managed to hit my month goal just in time
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Rubert View Post
    Caloric intake depends on your body wt, ht, body composition and exercise. When i was 205 lbs working out about 3x w/ wts and cadio, my intake was about 5k per day. Cutting phase was around 3k per day.
    Those numbers seem way more reasonable to me. Unless you are like 150lbs, old, and extremely sedentary, 2k calories just seems way too low.

Of course, most people's problem is that they are too sedentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    I have absolutely no idea since I don't really care, I eat when I feel like it and I eat what I feel like eating.
    I'll see you on sports and fitness forum in due time

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    Black coffee is an insignificant source of calories. Of course, all the creamers and crap people put in there adds up pretty quick, but the coffee itself is not a weigh gainer.
    I do take mine with copious amounts of milk. Though its more that drinking a lot of it makes me feel sick... maybe I just drink too much/is wierd.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends. i dont count calories but

2300 or so when i do my hills and strength training (i eat an extra small meal or two)

1800 or so when i just run

Deleted
    Not enough probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Who told you 2800-3500 is average??? Maybe if you are fat...

Recommended maximum daily allowance for men is 2500, but tbh that is too much, it's fine if you do some exercise though or say, have an active job (not sitting at a desk all day etc.).

For women max is 2000.

You shouldn't be going over these numbers on a regular basis without working out, you will just get fat.

Nuts are strange, they are high in calories, but are easily burned.

Anyway, my average is 1500-2000.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 02:26 PM ----------

700 is way to low, it's not healthy. In case you don't know, a single chocolate bar has around 200-250 calories.
    I'm an ultra-marathoner (50k - 50mi) I try to eat 1500 calories + 100 for ever mile I run So on race days I can eat upwards of 4500 calories (mostly via energy bars, carb shots, gatorade, act throughout the day. I am 5'11'' 135lbs. So depending on the person in question 3500 could be a great number.

I find this thread extremely amusing considering most people are terrible at estimating how much they eat (according to some studies, the amount of calories people actually consume can be easily 50% off from what they think they do). This is also why people think they can eat absolutely anything and not gain a pound or why some people insist they are starving themselves and still gain weight. And yes, average male with medium activity is going to need 2500 kcal a day (2000 for women), but even 3000 isn't uncommon for those who have physical jobs etc.

Personally, I need 1700-1800 kcal a day (small young woman with low to moderate activity). Some days I eat lots more (usually snacks, one pack of chips is easily over the recommended daily calorie amount for women), some days, especially hot ones like today... No where near enough. Usual hot summer day could be 2 cups of tomato soup (200kcal/ cup with my recipe), one or two glasses of juice (46kcal each) and a piece of bread with cheese (200kcal). And lots of tea (0,4 kcal/ 100g). I refuse to believe an adult man of any size could be nowhere near healthy constantly eating as little as I do on my "bad days".

Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    I find this thread extremely amusing considering most people are terrible at estimating how much they eat (according to some studies, the amount of calories people actually consume can be easily 50% off from what they think they do). This is also why people think they can eat absolutely anything and not gain a pound or why some people insist they are starving themselves and still gain weight. And yes, average male with medium activity is going to need 2500 kcal a day (2000 for women), but even 3000 isn't uncommon for those who have physical jobs etc.

Personally, I need 1700-1800 kcal a day (small young woman with low to moderate activity). Some days I eat lots more (usually snacks, one pack of chips is easily over the recommended daily calorie amount for women), some days, especially hot ones like today... No where near enough. Usual hot summer day could be 2 cups of tomato soup (200kcal/ cup with my recipe), one or two glasses of juice (46kcal each) and a piece of bread with cheese (200kcal). And lots of tea (0,4 kcal/ 100g). I refuse to believe an adult man of any size could be nowhere near healthy constantly eating as little as I do on my "bad days".
    I usually write down my calories, and or, mentally recap, my daily intake is more than often the same thing.
    Last edited by PhailPally; 2012-10-23 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 5'11 and I weigh about 150.

Anywhere between 2k-4k.

I eat, a lot.
    I swim a lot and I have a high metabolism.

I seriously don't see how someone can eat 700-1000.
    I'd get sick.

Deleted
    People need to realise there are "starvation" limits for the human body.

A long periode of time where you regularly are below that limit will force your body to change. And not in a good way.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...rie_intake.htm

If you are a very active person. You can easily burn 3000-3500kcal every day(ie. normal work day + sports).

Im currently on a diet and I eat around 1700-2000kcal and my BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate) is around 1700-1800kcal (I'd burn this sitting on my arse all day).

So if you're in doubt - read up on it. There are a LOT of websites dedicated to this subject

Deleted
    I tend to eat between 2000 and 2500 kcal a day, and have done for years, but now I really do need to reduce my intake now.

I always used to be between 11.5 and 12 stone, which is fine for my height of 5'10", but since I got promoted and now sit behind a desk all day I have rocketed to a monstrous 14.5 stone. Frankly I am ashamed to have let myself get so fat.

My weight gain occurred really quickly too, it's not something I was expecting as I had never really been bothered about my weight before.

Deleted
    I think, due to eating at the mcdonalds up to 3 times a week, I'd average at around 3000 calories consumed per day.
    Also, I'm not fat.