Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people refer to Sunwalkers as paladins?

I may be over-reacting (Heck I probably am) but I get this mad twitch in my eye when someone calls me a paladin. Whether it be a player IC or an NPC who uses the <Classname> line and says Paladin, Even when it's a Tauren they STILL call me a paladin! How hard can it be for Blizzard to just give us a unique class/race name? I don't care if they leave abilities etc as it is but it's fairly immersion breaking and annoying when a -Tauren- calls me a Paladin. This also extends to fellow Tauren Sunwalkers...who say they're paladins IC and use the light. Now from an OOC standpoint it's likely that An'she and The Light are one and the same but if you're a Tauren born in Kalimdor well away from the Argent Crusade and what not, I cannot see how you can use The Light let alone get by without other Tauren raising eyebrows at you.

Am I alone here? Because it's a pretty massive pet peeve of mine, I haven't gotten to that Sunwalker in the MoP beta yet but I swear to god if he says "The Light" instead of An'she...

yea i think you are alone.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a paladin!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    You're a paladin!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Class itself is simply called Paladin.

Normally you should Call Draenei Paladin Vindicator, Blood Elf Blood Knights and Tauren Sunwalker, but the Class at the creation screen is still paladin, every single ability has the same name as from any other paladin.

They are Sunwalker but if i see a Tauren Pally running around in any kind of Paladin armor (These shining golden T set and such) i instantly think Paladin, not Sunwalker.

you need some help mr pali

To be honest, you are not alone...I feel the exact same way, and not just towards Tauren Paladins but also towards Blood Elves and Draenei.For me, only Humans and Dwarves are Paladins.

I'd be more annoyed if I ever heard someone refer to a paladin as a sunwalker. No idea what that is so I obviously don't rp, but the class is called paladin.

Sunwalker sounds like some mutated vampire from twilight.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Mechanics wise, this is just how it goes, and it's far more complicated to give them a unique class title than to mash them in with other shiny plate wielders.

If this cools your rage somewhat, how about thinking of it this way? You're a Paladin of the Sunwalker Order. Just as I'm a Paladin of the Blood Knight Order, and those other monkeys are part of some Silver Fisting order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, sunwalker would be quite confusing term, cause, afaik, tauren priests are also sunwalkers.
    You can also get annoyed by almost every race/class combo, if you want. For example, you can be annoyed that undead rogues aren't reffered as deathstalkers, undead hunters as dark rangers and so on. (;

Your tooltip and /who information says Level ## Tauren Paladin. Sorry dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the only one yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Haha yeah you're probably alone on that one dude.

I don't care about lore in the slightest but I guess if you are into that it might sort of bug you.

P.S. You're a pally :3
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow man, really? What's next? DK Taurens called Moonwalkers?

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    you are a paladin.....I dont even understand the point.
    RP is the point.

Some RP and throw a giant hissy fit if they are not correctly labeled using a specific set of terminology agreed upon by the general consensus of RPer's.

IE : Like being called a "paladin" instead of a "Beef Shortribadin" or a "Questionably Metrosexualadin". Basically something more dignified.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Wow man, really? What's next? DK Taurens called Moonwalkers?
    Most tauren plate users i've seen tend to backpedal alot so that name would be appropriate.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2012-06-16 at 02:29 PM.

Yet Sunwalkers ARE paladins.... so, yeah, sorry mate, you are alone, lol.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Mechanically, they're Paladins. Whether that's technically their name in lore is irrelevant to the vast majority of players. You're free to call them Sunwalkers, but you're just being obnoxious if you get upset at other people for not doing the same.

I kind of wish my troll shaman would be called "shadow hunter" as I intend.

I'm glad my human priest isn't attacked while in shadow form in SW. =)