Poll: Which Integration Platform do you feel is best?

Integrating Our Digital Life - Which is the best Option?

Poll Incoming

So I was in the car going to the store and I was thinking what technology platform would be the best in terms of integrating my digital life. Note, I may not have ALL the facts straight below, but I was looking for the opinion of the MMO Champ community. We have a few options to integrate our gaming/music/movie/storage/mobile/etc. lives and am curious what everyone feels offers the best option now and for future growth.

These are the options I see as being the most common and open as being available for our current technology lives and some of the pros and cons. Which do you feel is best and why?

Microsoft
    Windows Phone > Windows (Windows 8 forthcoming) > SkyDrive > Xbox > Other
    Pros: Seamless integration. Up and coming mobile interface and tablet OS. Competitive cloud pricing and availability. Gaming platform integration with Xbox. New features incoming to Xbox including enhanced music and video options/cable programming integration. Most used desktop OS platform.
    Cons: Market is proprietary with lack of customization. App market is lacking with few developers taking hold. Late to the game with mobile platforms. Lack of competitive social networking. It's Microsoft (argumentative)

Apple
    iPhone > iPad > iCloud > Apple TV > Apple OS > iPod
    Pros: Seamless integration with proprietary environments. The most used and most reliable integration platform in the current market. Arguably the best digital music and video market. The largest and most reliable mobile market. Reliable cloud service and competitive storage options. Many options for moving digital data around your life.
    Cons: Expensive (arguably the most expensive). Functionality controlled by a tight leash. Lack of desktop computer options. Must integrate with other Apple devices to receive full functionality. Lack of gaming platform. Lack of competitive social networking

Google
    Android > Google TV > Drive
    Pros: Lots of options for phone/tablet manufacturers and carriers. Competitive cloud services. Non biased integration between devices. Social networking integration with Google+. Open source availability with Android. Smart televisions becoming mainstream.
    Cons: Arguably shoddy privacy agreements and use of personal information. App market is large but lacks seamless integration and arguably the least secure. Lack of video purchasing. Considered 3rd party by Apple and Microsoft.

Other
    Anything I may have missed or other opinions are welcome. I anticipate some of this could spark debate, so I'm not looking for brand bashing, but am welcome to criticisms with what I have posted.

Deleted
    I feel stupid asking, but what do you mean by 'integrating our digital lives'?
    Could you give an example to simplify what you mean?

Most people need Microsoft along with one of the other two options.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsk View Post
    I feel stupid asking, but what do you mean by 'integrating our digital lives'?
    Could you give an example to simplify what you mean?
    Sure. Meaning, with all these devices out there, how they integrate with each other and stick with us wherever we go. Such as, renting/buying a movie, watching it on your PC, then watching it on your TV, then to your smartphone, then tablet...same with a song. Keeping documents available for use wherever you go...social media integration, etc. Many of today's options give us the opportunity to take our digital life with us wherever we go with all their systems working together.

Hope that helps.

It's not like you're locked in one ecosystem, you can mix and match. And you probably should.
    I use mostly Windows (at home and work), a bit of Linux (mostly on some servers). I use many Google services, Chrome as my browser, and I have a jailbroken iPhone 4.
    I use Dropbox and Skydrive for file sharing.
    And I'm quite happy with all that. I don't need "better integration", it's all very usable as it is.

I do allot of mixing up, however I don't use apple products since I don't have the money for it. I would have bought a iPod, but I highly prefer using my mp3 player as a sort of portable flash drive/music storage device that is compatible with everyone's computer and not bound by a ridiculous single home computer.
    I would also buy a iPad, but Windows 8 tablets will be coming soon and I would much rather have one of those mostly for the sole reason of compatibility with my Windows PC.
    Google, I use their mail service, free phone service, google drive, and probably will be using google docs soon if they update it to match the utility of Microsoft Word.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-06-16 at 04:15 PM.