Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

LFR gear relly that important?

Hi dear forum readers.

I've just started doing LFR as I did HC's and then went pretty much AFK. Did the first and the second part and managed to win a shoulder token that brought me from lvl 353 to 384.

There is only one problem. A guy that lost the roll has sent me like 50-100 whispers over 2 days begging me to give it to him at first, then telling me he can't sleep knowing he lost the roll and asking me how I can live with myself knowing I took the item he wanted most in his life from him.

This feels strange to me as he had higher item lever on his shoulders then I had when I won the roll.

On the other hand I have not been following the patches and stuff for a while so I don't know if I missed out on something since this person is so desperate.

Can I have done something wrong or is this person just overreacting? I can't give him anything since I already traded the token, just curious

Beyond overreaction from that person. LFR gear is good for raiders who don't get their drops or need that 4 piece bonus to help their raid get the extra push they need for a boss. If the person isn't Raiding Heroic Firelands or Dragon Soul, they really have no reason for that item so it's them acting crazy.

Big reason why I don't like LFR much. It isn't people who want to see the raid. It's people who want gear. Nothing more.

Deleted
    dear god in heaven what an overreaction. tell him to man up and better luck next week.

Sure it sucks loosing a roll (specially if the rolls where close) but he lost he needs to accept it and move on. Prolly best to stick him on ignore and go on with yer life.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was over-reacting just ignore it. It's not uncommon to come across beggars in LFR this is a bit extreme though, I would have ignored him after the second time he asked.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Just a major overreaction, and this is coming from someone who will probably never get normal mode gear, much less HC.

You have to remember that to some people LFR is endgame.

This reaction tho..... pathetic, and the reason the ignore button exists.

I'd ignore the guy (put on my ignore list). If he persisted, report him for harassment. Guy majorly overreacted.

Quote Originally Posted by PiCreator View Post
    Hi dear forum readers.

I've just started doing LFR as I did HC's and then went pretty much AFK. Did the first and the second part and managed to win a shoulder token that brought me from lvl 353 to 384.

There is only one problem. A guy that lost the roll has sent me like 50-100 whispers over 2 days begging me to give it to him at first, then telling me he can't sleep knowing he lost the roll and asking me how I can live with myself knowing I took the item he wanted most in his life from him.

This feels strange to me as he had higher item lever on his shoulders then I had when I won the roll.

On the other hand I have not been following the patches and stuff for a while so I don't know if I missed out on something since this person is so desperate.

Can I have done something wrong or is this person just overreacting? I can't give him anything since I already traded the token, just curious
    I call bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandello19 View Post
    I call bullshit.
    Clearly he upgraded a 353 SHOULDER PIECE. Not his entire average item level...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm I don't know....IS LFR gear really that important?...Well let me refer you back to a troll thread you yourself started some time ago for some answers...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-have-revenge

Cheers.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Clearly he upgraded a 353 SHOULDER PIECE. Not his entire average item level...
    Alright I'll give you that, was poorly worded on the ops part. But so much of the op sounds fishy. I mean the guy sent him 50-100 whispers? Come on.

they're just being a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Hrm I don't know....IS LFR gear really that important?...Well let me refer you back to a troll thread you yourself started some time ago for some answers...

Cheers.
    I just checked out that thread. The op is so full of shit, and an example of why women should not drink alcohol while pregnant.

That guy must be mentally challenged or just trolling XD
    Not everyday you see a 13 year old child singing on vent after a H spine kill aye!?

This entire story sounds strange, I'm sorry. Why would this guy be bothering you for two days when the item is untradeable after two hours?

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PiCreator View Post
    Hi.

Do anyone slse of you got robbed of items by players rolling on stuff they already have?

Happened to me a couple of times while gearing up so now I join LFR every week and roll on stuff I already have just to get even.

I lost 2 items to people that already had the item so now I have rolled and won on 7 items I already have. I do hope I did rollwin on one of the guys alts that won the items but I guess the chance is small.

I did manage to trick the other guy to add me to real ID friend though so I moved a char to his realm, faction changed and every time I see him on any of his chars I gank him until he logs. One time it took 4 hours to get him to give up.

Anyone else have good tips on how to get even? So far I find realID stalking to be best, just alot of coffe and track their char logins 24/7.
    This is from another one of his posts. This person has real issues. Not only do not I believe his post here, but I think he's just a total troll.

Cheers.
    L.O.L.

+ 50 respect for you dude, nice job calling him out. Hopefully he gets banned.

Cheers.
    BOOOOOOOOOM called your ass out. Unrelated though - why can people get infracted for calling someone a troll in a post, but when someone makes a (terrible) troll thread, theyre not even banned or infracted?

Just link it to him every time he sends a tell, then link a crystal and tell him you DE'd it.

/ignore, if he makes another char gm ticket for harassment, thats how I would deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOM called your ass out. Unrelated though - why can people get infracted for calling someone a troll in a post, but when someone makes a (terrible) troll thread, theyre not even banned or infracted?
    If you feel a thread or post is inappropriate please report the post with the relevant information. The reason why we don't encourage calling someone a troll is because it really serves no purpose other than to further an argument with them.