Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Bath Salts Strike Again!

Pictured: In this photo taken by a neighbor, Pamela McCarthy is reportedly seen running naked before police arrived. Pamela Mccarthy.

Bath salts may be behind the deadly meltdown of an upstate New York woman suspected of beating her 3-year-old son before cops used a stun gun to subdue her, according to reports. Following the Tuesday night incident, Munnsville mom Pamela McCarthy later died at a hospital after going into cardiac arrest from the effects of the Tasing, reported ABC affiliate WSYR-TV in Syracuse. Officials said they encountered a “violently combative” suspect and were initially unable to handcuff her.

“She really was not coherent to what was occurring around her,” New York State Police Capt. Rodney Campbell told reporters Wednesday. “She was not speaking clearly.” McCarthy, 35, appeared to be high on the synthetic drug linked to a spate of horrific crimes in recent weeks, cops said. This was not the first time troopers had to respond to calls at the house. They allegedly caught McCarthy under the influence of bath salts multiple times, Campbell said.

Pictured: The child's father, Jason Williams, talks to reporters in front of the home of Pamela McCarthy, an upstate New York woman who repeatedly choked her child.

On Tuesday, officers first tried using pepper spray to no effect and were forced to Taser the woman, Campbell said. It took two men, a trooper and a fire fighter to finally cuff her, he added. Neighbors described chaos in the moments preceding McCarthy’s confrontation with the police. “We heard growling … and a kid crying so we went outside and opened up the door,” neighbor Heather Ames told YNN-TV. “There (McCarthy) was, lying on the ground holding her 3-year-old kid in her arms and just beating him.”

Ames said she attempted to intervene and tried to wrestle McCarthy off the child. Jason Williams, the boy’s father, rescued him while McCarthy took off after Ames, she added. “She grabbed me. She was swinging her arms. I thought she was going to hit me," Ames told YNN. “She scratched me in the face, then she grabbed my hair.” David Bridge, another neighbor, told The Syracuse Post-Standard that he saw McCarthy “hit concrete after falling down a flight of stairs and got up like nothing happened.”

Pictured: Users experience a mix of physical and psychological symptoms. Several states have issued a ban on the drug but no federal ban exists.

Once the boy was taken from McCarthy, she began stripping off her clothes and threatening passersby, reported WSTM-TV in Syracuse. She then ran inside her home, grabbed her pet pit bull and fell down the stairs again, injuring the dog as troopers arrived on scene, according to reports. “She needs help,” Williams told YNN. Federal legislators are racing to enact a ban on the ingredients used to make bath salts, a synthetic drug that when snorted, smoked, injected or taken orally can be physically and mentally dangerous.

The Munnsville assault follows a rash of shocking episodes across the country potentially linked to bath salts. They include the horrific attack in Miami last month, when Rudy Eugene ate off homeless man Ronald Poppo’s face, police said. Another man in Miami, Brandon De Leon, was arrested after allegedly barking and trying to eat the hand of a police officer on June 2. That same day in Louisiana, Carl Jacquneaux, also believed to be using bath salts, allegedly ripped off a chunk of his victim’s face with his teeth.

Sources:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1095423
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/848...-on-bath-salts

And people willingly take this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans ಠ_ಠ
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Whenever creepy story's are on MMO- you can be sure it's supermechatrongamer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    And people willingly take this shit.
    Some people will do -ANYTHING- to get a buzz or to get high. This story is just sad, and I hope this woman is behind bars for a long, long time for beating her 3 year old kid.

I have never heard about the use of bath salts as a way to get high in my own country - what is it all about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Some people will do -ANYTHING- to get a buzz or to get high. This story is just sad, and I hope this woman is behind bars for a long, long time for beating her 3 year old kid.
    She's dead. :S

The cop tazed her.

The Munnsville assault follows a rash of shocking episodes across the country potentially linked to bath salts. They include the horrific attack in Miami last month, when Rudy Eugene ate off homeless man Ronald Poppo’s face, police said. Another man in Miami, Brandon De Leon, was arrested after allegedly barking and trying to eat the hand of a police officer on June 2. That same day in Louisiana, Carl Jacquneaux, also believed to be using bath salts, allegedly ripped off a chunk of his victim’s face with his teeth.
    0_o It seems to turn them into flesh eating zombies o_0

I love how they say she went into cardiac arrest from the effects of the Tasing........nevermind the effect bath salts has on your blood pressure and heart rate......it HAD to be the tasing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I have never heard about the use of bath salts as a way to get high in my own country - what is it all about?
    I don't think it's bath salts, but a drug called 'Bath Salts', not too sure tho...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Natural selection at it's finest. Let these idiots get themselves killed, if you are retarded enough to snort some crap made in some dude's basement, you deserve to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    I love how they say she went into cardiac arrest from the effects of the Tasing........nevermind the effect bath salts has on your blood pressure and heart rate......it HAD to be the tasing.
    Video says she had open heart surgery 2 days prior to the tazing, but the cop didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nickname, not the stuff hat goes in your tub.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Considering her weight, I doubt she was entirely healthy. There is a possibility that it could have been from the taser gun, but there is a possibility that the combination of the drug and the tasing caused her death as well. No doubt the drug elevated her heart rate, anyone thinking that the taser exclusively was the cause of her death is a moron. There are so many factors that could lead to the death of someone during an encounter with a taser that it's redundant to even argue over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Video says she had open heart surgery 2 days prior to the tazing, but the cop didn't know.
    Why on earth would you take drugs after just having open heart surgery....

Hope the kid isn't destined to the same future, I feel sorry for him that his memories of his mother may be YouTube videos recounting her stupid/idiotic death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Natural selection at it's finest. Let these idiots get themselves killed, if you are retarded enough to snort some crap made in some dude's basement, you deserve to die.
    That's not the important part. Did you see the reactions or symptoms of smoking this stuff? This is more dangerous than alcohol, cigarettes, and probably most types of illegal drugs. I wonder what the states and other countries may do with this stuff. Because this is very alarming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Nickname, not the stuff hat goes in your tub.
    Right. WebMD has a page on Bath Salts, and apparently the nickname comes from the fact that they are marketed as such; that is, they are sold under the guise of being normal bath salts.

Here's a quote from the link:

"It’s confusing. Is this what we put in our bathtubs, like Epsom salts? No. But by marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal," Horowitz says.

You know, usually, I'm all for legalizing all drugs and transforming the "drug war" and a fraction of it's funding into a 2 part system: 1. educating people what these drugs are, what they do, what the consequences are, responsible vs irresponsible use, etc. etc.. and 2. overhaul the rehabilitation system to something that has a higher success rate and is almost exclusively voluntary, though potentially involuntary in the most severe cases.

BUT... without sidetracking the conversation too much.. knowing where I'm coming from, I gotta say:

this shit needs to be banned immediately! Oh my god, something that makes living, "28 Days Later zombie"-like monsters out of people... that shit is terrifying and a substance like this has absolutely no valid recreational or medicinal use in it's current form when weighed against its potential consequences.
    Last edited by Godsmack241; 2012-06-17 at 01:21 AM.

Bath Salts are a synthetic drug. I believe they are supposed to be like LSD, but I'm not too sure. Because they are synthetic they do not break down very well in the body and they fuck you up bad.

It's not actual bath salt. It's a nickname used to sell the drug. Bath salts are a new drug that seems to have the severe upper effects of cocaine with the hallucinogenic effects of LSD. The problem is that LSD is known to cause psychosis and the drastic upper effect from the combination seems to be triggering more of these violent outbreaks.

Due to the shape and texture, it almost literally mimics bath salt which is how it can be peddled without detection. It's a relatively new drug that's just now getting noticed due to all of these violent incidents and zombie type behavior in the users popping up in the media.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-06-17 at 01:25 AM.