10+ Year Old Account

[MegaThread] Warface

Warface is a new free online team based FPS being developed by Cryrek Kiev, The game will be exclusive to PC and is powered by CryEngine 3! The game is scheduled for late 2012 - early 2013 for America and EU although no date has been set so far.

Imo, The game looks amazing, Its taking some of the awesome factors of FPS games such as the teamwork and playing a role (Medic, Engineer ect) Not much information has been release thus far although Lewis of the YoGsCast interviewed Creative director at Crytek Studios - Michael Khaimzyn.

Deleted
    It looks like its a couple years too late unfortunately. It may very well be a great game in its own right but I fear that it wont get enough interest with BF3 and COD walking around.

I dislike that you are forced to play one of everything in each game, because if anything has been shown in FPS games its that more people like to play snipers than medics. The random levels look to be fun if it doesnt just go on a one month cycle, but a lot of people have a problem with randomly generated levels if they are not done nearly perfectly. Not every game needs to be a revolution to be good, but it looks like there is not enough new stuff in this to separate it from some of the other FPS games, other than it is free to play. But TF2 is free to play, and has a stronger class based gameplay. Tribes is also a nice alternative. And it's already known that BF3 gives a fantastic experience, although it costs.

I would say if this came out 4 years ago it would have made a big splash, but I fear it may be a little late, regardless of how awesome it may look

Thought I'd give my impressions on Warface, having played it at Eurogamer this year.

It's fast. Very fast. You can customise your weapon, similar to Crysis 2, on the fly. You're able to slide along the ground, while shooting, and it doesn't feel like a gimmick - it plays like a dodge mechanic, in that it changes your hitbox while allowing you to turn/fire.

There's a sort of "style" type mechanic, where types of shots earn you more points (currently, single game leaderboards are ranked by overall points, followed by K/Ds). Sliding while attacking gets you more, faster kills get you more, headshots offer the best when combined with slides.

I wouldn't say it has anything unique to offer, but it is very fun to play.

And I'm not just saying that because I won an iPad playing it at Eurogamer. /cough.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

If you're interested in putting in some effort, you can play on the Russian servers (client is, however, entirely in Russian with no option to switch it over anymore).

It's entirely playable, and extremely fun. The PVE scenarios are quite challenging, but unfortunately the difficulty is multiplied by the number of muppets you play with.

Forum with download information (you'll need to set up a mail.ru account, which is a bit of a PITA, to access the RU client): http://warface-forum.com/forumdispla...ral-Discussion
    UI explained: http://vk.com/album107283912_161822009
    Videos of the UI with English translation: http://warface-forum.com/showthread....erface-PvP-PvE

NA closed beta invites came out today.

Pretty sure anyone can get into the beta (for EU or NA, since you can change anytime) at the moment by signing up with this link:

http://beta.gface.com/signup

Let me know if it doesn't work.

I got an invite to the beta a few days ago, but I can't play it because of some damn error message. I've already talked with their support about it, and apparently there's no fix available. FTL
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Been playing a bit. Co-op is reasonably fun, if not filled with complete morons who have no idea how to play a shooter.

Multiplayer though? I tried, I really did. I can't do it though. It's absolutely horrid to play. So painfully schizophrenic (DON'T SPRAY OR SHOOT TOO QUICK, BUT MAKE SURE YOU MOVE QUICKLY EVERYWHERE AND POWERSLIDE AND SHIT!) with some BS P2W shenanigans (helmet that makes you immune to flashbangs, helps you spot claymores, and protects you from the first headshot? noty).

Impressive for a browser game and moderately fun, but it's not at all what I was hoping for : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Been playing a bit. Co-op is reasonably fun, if not filled with complete morons who have no idea how to play a shooter.

Multiplayer though? I tried, I really did. I can't do it though. It's absolutely horrid to play. So painfully schizophrenic (DON'T SPRAY OR SHOOT TOO QUICK, BUT MAKE SURE YOU MOVE QUICKLY EVERYWHERE AND POWERSLIDE AND SHIT!) with some BS P2W shenanigans (helmet that makes you immune to flashbangs, helps you spot claymores, and protects you from the first headshot? noty).

Impressive for a browser game and moderately fun, but it's not at all what I was hoping for : /
    Yeah, I wasn't a big fan when I saw the cash shop either. I played it for a little while and I think it's ok. I only played as the medic. I would have expected something a little better from a Crytek game. But this is the first for their Kiev branch, so we'll see. It does look pretty though.