Ground Branch, a real tactical FPS

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../ground-branch

WHY BLACKFOOT STUDIOS

"My name is John Sonedecker and I am the Founder of BlackFoot Studios. Being an original member of Red Storm Entertainment was a true pleasure and honor for me. We had some incredible developers, and we made some great games, for which I am very proud of. Those 'Classic' realistic tactical games are my personal favorites, and I have always loved making them, just as much as I loved playing them. This genre is my motivation; my driving force in this industry. Since leaving Red Storm in 2002, I have dreamt of one day revisiting that classic style of gameplay that is so close to my heart. Today is that day."

THE GAME

Ground Branch is an online multiplayer shooter (LAN play included), cut from the same cloth as the original Ghost Recon. It is being developed by former Red Storm Entertainment and Valve Software employees, in conjunction with United States Special Operations Veterans, determined to offer a unique and immersive experience to disenfranchised gamers that have been marketed to under the promise of “authenticity”, only to find themselves stuck with so many similar arena shooters.

In Ground Branch, players will take on the role of CIA Paramilitary Operators of the Special Activities Division. The Special Activities Division carries out deniable covert operations on foreign soil and often goes into a situation before anyone else, before Army Special Forces, before the SEALs.

Players will learn to respect the lethality and versatility of firearms as death can come quick and health does not regenerate. You are then encouraged to join a team, in order to test your strategies and abilities against other groups or clans. Map design is non-linear, featuring randomized objectives and spawns, so that no two rounds feel identical.

As an Operator, your actions and animations – such as reloading or weapon switching – will be just as smooth and deliberate as it is in real-life. To succeed in battle, you will be required to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the available weapon platforms, and to be able to adapt to unforeseen circumstances. Weapons behave as they should and are not artificially balanced. Once players have perfected their loadouts, they can save and name their customized settings for later use. Ground Branch is about player choices and realistic consequences. Your skill and ingenuity will be what allows you to succeed.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-06-18 at 10:36 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance