Engineer class revamp suggestions

Right now, the engineer is only played with dual pistols or pistol+shield builds because the other weapons don't work. Furthermore kits weapons replace an utility skills and turret are weak. Engineer will certainly change, here are suggestions to make it original, fun and fully playable.

the main idea : Give us only kits as weapons.

Replace the rifle, pistols, shield and current kits by 8 kit weapons. We would unlock weapon kits while levelling and be able to swap between 2 chosen weapons. Engineer would be able to loot any 2h weapon, disenchant it and enchant a weapon kit with the same bonuses.

a- two barrel dual pistol : same abilities as the dual pistol but with bullet and powder effects instead of poison/glue.

b- blunderbuss:same as rifle with damage improved. Jump shot should cause small aoe bleeding on the ground and a blind or snare.

c- bomb kit : merge with mine kit, abilities 1-3 same as bomb kit but detonatable, ability 4 human blast bomb (deal aoe damage and blind/evade atack), ability 5 mine.

d- grenade kit : ability 1-3 ennemy targeted, ability 4-5 ground aoe targeted.

e- elixir gun : keep it the same with strong support abilities. Merges with Med kit (redundancy).

f - flamethrower: no changes except flame blast : ennemy targeted and deals burning.

g- toolkit : melee kit with one strong shield defense and a belt ability that instantly repairs turrets.

h- mortar : no changes except range 1200.

Other ideas :

Improve turrets

Give us more utilities
    - magnetic shield
    - precision scope
    - anti-crowd control abilities

Your opinion on those changes?

Such a good Samaritan Fencers.

dunno what ur talking about OP i ran into some good engineers using turrets, mines and i had fun using bombs. Grenades do need some work tho, first skill needs to be auto target.

Deleted
    To be honest I loved my Engineer in the BWEs and hope they won't change too much. Turrets and the rifle seemed rather weak and uninteresting indeed, but I loved the dual pistols, elixers, supply crate and flamethrower just too much. While other people might even prefer the rifle and turrets. I don't think I would like the whole new kits idea tbh. Pretty much the only thing that I noticed was that skill 1 for the Flamethrower/Elixer gun wasn't on auto-cast by default, which was quite annoying at times but nothing that can't be easily fixxed.
    Two barrel pistol does sound cool, though I recall seeing a picture of a four barrel pistol already.

Please keep engineer discussion to the primary thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eer-discussion