Righteous Strike and Crusader Strike Mechanic

I've been playing a paladin since vanilla although never really got to max level with one until they added experience to battlegrounds. Way back when I heard tell that in the development of the paladin class at one point they had the abilities mentioned above in the title.

You might be thinking that we have Crusader Strike now, but I have to tell you it wasn't the original implementation. Originally Crusader Strike did holy damage, instant, and increased holy damage by the target by a fixed amount stacking to five. Righteous Strike was an on next melee ability that turned your damage to holy and increased it by x amount similar to the old heroic strike.

The reason they weren't implemented was, I believe, that blizzard didn't want paladins to be too similar to warriors, imho was far from being true.

I say bring back that Holy Avenger feel by giving us a way to change our attack to deal righteous holy damage and get rid of inquistion by implementing the crusader mechanic in a different form. Not only will it bring us back to the days of holy damage but get rid of that annoying buff which really doesn't have a good reason for being.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict already deal a portion of their damage as Holy. Blizzard doesn't want them to be fully holy damage because they don't want all of our damage bypassing armor. The only way CS and TV will be converted to pure holy damage is if they make them holy in PvE and physical in PvP, which I really doubt will ever happen.

Also: I'd much rather have a self-buff in Inquisition than an on-target version of the same buff.

The on target buff wouldn't be very appealing to me either but taking away inquisition and adding it to Crusader in the form of a stacking buff on yourself possibly lasting 9-15 sec every crusader strike would make my day by giving crusader strike that extra oomf.

I was thinking on the lines of reimplementing Righteous Strike. Call me crazy but I am a fan of on next melee abilities and was sad to see them go, but it doesn't have to be onm although the idea of charging up for a holy hit is appealling. For this idea I was thinking of either having it activated after judgement for those that don't like the next melee mechanic or on next melee stacking a debuff on the target increasing judgements damage.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

Rivin can you lock this. We don't need a new thread everytime someone discovers something that everyone has heard about 100s of times. < Like Karazhan roof portal>

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic.

I could see a pure Holy damage CS/TV come from a cooldown, but we already have enough of those.

A debuff from a strike wouldn't be a terrible idea. It would give us another ability to weave in and give us something more to pay attention to than just Inquisition. However, I don't know how well it would fit with the current design Paladins have going for them.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!