Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    It's funny isn't it, if a different game were to do this they would be hung, drawn and quartered by their player-base, but hey, this is blizzard, consider yourself lucky that you're getting any content this year.
    It's an old game that's at the point in it's life where it's out to pasture. It's on low priority development and resources while the hefty bucks go into new games and successors. The only people left on Western servers right now are largely the fandom-types who wouldn't raise ire if they took existing content away and those who were duped into the annual pass. There's not going to be a lot of boat-rocking over this even if the expansion doesn't release until like... October or November.

In a holding pattern to take the wind out of GW2's release. Guaranteed to either come out 2 months before or a month after GW2.
    You can't take the wind out of a game with no subscription. People who are curious will buy the box for that game and can revisit it and pump money into it at their own discretion. That's why the future of this genre is subless or F2P for the most part. Only monoliths like Blizzard will be able to get away with charging 15 bucks a month for nothing.
    Last edited by Vanaline; 2012-06-17 at 09:21 PM.

ICC was actually a challenge for some. You didn't pug end game boss so easily in ICC

At least ICC was 50% larger than DS and released in a way to extend the life of the content (which in general I don't like that kind of crap, but slowly unlocking the content will extend the life even if waiting for the unlocks is somewhat annoying). DS is far shorter with less bosses (which are also imo worse designed, sorry but boss fights where you fight tentacles for the whole thing and not the real boss aren't fun) and came with LFR which was way worse than just running a 10m icc.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    So its been a good 7-8 months of dragon soul and i dont see MoP coming out for at least another 2-3 months.

I thought they addressed the issue of leaving content patches out for too long with ICC? Didnt they say it will never happen again? of course ICC was out longer but the way this is going i feel like we are heading to the same direction.

Why is there 0 new content out? Im sure someones going to try and justify this but whatever. Lets hear your opinions.
    RS was not that well received. At least on my server. People pugged for a while and then back to ICC.

In my opinion, it was not worth the few weeks effort for some fill in raid. I prefer they spend that on MoP.

Deleted
    Its what you signed up for with your annual pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Have you been living under a rock for the past 3 months? MoP will more than likely be launching in a couple of months, why would they drop what they're doing to put out some lame ass raid for the likes of you?!

How about doing a little research before throwing a temper tantrum.
    Hey smartass, new content doesnt mean a new raid. Something for us to do. How about you read before you start accusing people of throwing temper tantrums.

And Mop wont launch in a couple months due to the fact that it takes them 2 months atleast after release date is announced for them to distribute the game/etc. So keep dreaming about a couple months.

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    RS was not that well received. At least on my server. People pugged for a while and then back to ICC.

In my opinion, it was not worth the few weeks effort for some fill in raid. I prefer they spend that on MoP.

I dont get why people think new content = new raid. Heck release some fun heroic/dungeon/daily port/world event ANYTHING to keep us busy for a month or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    It's funny isn't it, if a different game were to do this they would be hung, drawn and quartered by their player-base, but hey, this is blizzard, consider yourself lucky that you're getting any content this year.
    Maybe. But Cata put a dent in that. Was not well received and probably considered to be the weakest of the expansion pack. There has been complaints from both sides of the player base about its content in one form or another.

So Blizzard is probably taking extra care with this expansion. If MoP takes a similar bashing, well who knows what will happens considering Secret World is due out and GW 2 also. Not saying they will be WoW killers but eventually one MMO will come and takes a large chunk of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Patch 4.3 (Dragon Soul) went live on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 ... 6 months ago. Not 7-8.

Here is a compilation of some information and patterns from previous expansion releases, from which we can try to guess a probable release date:

Beta start date to release:

Burning Crusade closed Beta started in early October 2006, and it was released 3 months later, on January 16, 2007.
    Wrath of the Lich King started its closed Beta on July 17th, 2008. It was released on November 13, 2008: 4 months later.
    Cataclysm Beta testing began at the very end of June, 2010. It was released on December 7th, 2010-- 5 months later.

Mist of Pandaria Beta started March 20th, 2012. 4 or 5 months from the beginning of the Beta would put us at July or August for a release date. A 6 month gap would make it the longest Beta, but that is not impossible-- it has broken the mold somewhat by skipping the F&F Alpha, and we may see a slightly longer Beta as a result (Beta durations have also been increasing, but Mists has far less questing content to test than Cataclysm). This would put the release date some time in September, possibly October at the very latest (Cataclysm F&F Alpha was 1 1/2 months, Wrath was about 2 months), if and only if the AP Beta testers took the place of the F&F Alpha testers.

Announcement Date to release:

Burning Crusade's January release date was announced on November 9th, 2 months prior to release.
    Wrath of the Lich King's November release date was announced on September 15th, 2 months before release.
    Cataclysm's December 7th release date was announced in early October-- also 2 months prior to its release.

This probably means that a July release is off the table, and that, for an August release, we need to see an announcement within the next 2 weeks. If June goes by with no release date announced, we're probably looking at a September launch.

PTR x.0.1 testing:

There has been indication that 5.0.1 is being prepped for the PTR.

Cataclysm's 4.0.1 patch and Wrath of the Lich King's 3.0.1 patch both went live on the PTR 2-2.5 months before the expansions themselves went live. It's possible that we will see the 5.0.1 PTR before we get an official release date-- if we do, we can probably extrapolate that a release date announcement will follow within a week or two, and that launch will be 2 months after.

If 5.0.1 is nearly PTR ready, then Mists is probably 2-3 months from launch.

Brewfest:

Brewfest adds an interesting complication to predictions. There are updated Brewfest items in the Beta files, implying that Mists will release in time for Brewfest-- or, at the very least, that Blizzard is acknowledging that a pre-Brewfest release date is/was a distinct possibility/intention as of May 15th, 2012.

Brewfest this year begins on September 20th-- assuming Mists will come out in time for Brewfest means that we can scrap all predicted dates that occur after September 20th.

In conclusion:

Since we have neither a release date nor a 5.0.1 PTR, Mists is most likely at least 2 months away from launch, probably more like 2 1/2-3 months. This puts us at a probable late August-through-mid September release window as the most likely release window, with early October as a possible (but less likely) release date. Potential release dates are an optimistic August 21st or 28th, a realistic September 4th, 11th, or 18th, and a pessimistic September 25th, October 2nd or October 9th.
    Taking Brewfest into account, August 21st through September 18th are the release dates that would be in time for the holiday.
    Personally, my money is on a release date of either 8/28, 9/4, or 9/11.

Here's an article from WoWInsider that contains/confirms some of the information I've posted here, and supports/matches my own prediction.
    As it says in the article, we can guess and predict all we want, but we can't ever know with 100% certainty until the date is officially announced.

This means that Mists should most likely release in late August or early September, 9-10 months after the release of Dragon Soul-- not 12 months later like Cata was to ICC. Even an early October release (the "late" window of my prediction) would be about 2 months shorter than the gap between ICC and Cata.

Implementing additional content would likely delay the release of Mists, rather than allowing the development team to focus on the expansion, and would then put us into that 12-month gap that they said they don't want a repeat of.

This is all not to mention that we should see the 5.0 pre-expansion patch at least 2 weeks before the expansion itself goes live, bringing with it a mass of class and talent changes, along with the Theramore scenario. There's some content right there.
    This still doesnt justify having 1 content patch out for 10 months. I guess i was mistaken with 7-8 when its actually 6.5 months so far, but how does one play a game with the same content for 10 months? I dont even see how people can defend this cause even a casual will finish the content in 3-4 months. 6months tops.

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Maybe. But Cata put a dent in that. Was not well received and probably considered to be the weakest of the expansion pack. There has been complaints from both sides of the player base about its content in one form or another.

So Blizzard is probably taking extra care with this expansion. If MoP takes a similar bashing, well who knows what will happens considering Secret World is due out and GW 2 also. Not saying they will be WoW killers but eventually one MMO will come and takes a large chunk of the player base.
    I hate calling anything a WoW killer cause honestly the game is destroying itself slowly. I thought blizzard learned after ICC but 6.5 months so far and atleast another 2-3 months more for MoP(AT THE LEAST)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    OP: have you been paying any attention to the main page for the last couple of months? MoP beta has been flying by. It's going to be out pretty soon.
    You do realize they just started completely redoing the first zone we go to, the Jade Forest, right? I highly doubt it will be out within the next 2 months. I would say October would be the earliest.

There's no need for filler content. Ruby sanctum (or whatever that was) is such a wasted raid. Very very very very very few people actually did that fight, which is kind of shame.
    ~

10+ Year Old Account
    So its been a good 7-8 months of dragon soul and i dont see MoP coming out for at least another 2-3 months.

I thought they addressed the issue of leaving content patches out for too long with ICC? Didnt they say it will never happen again? of course ICC was out longer but the way this is going i feel like we are heading to the same direction.

Why is there 0 new content out? Im sure someones going to try and justify this but whatever. Lets hear your opinions.
    You've got to be fucking kidding me. Didn't they just close a thread like this recently?

Seven plus two does not equal twelve.

/Collapses in despair.

This still doesnt justify having 1 content patch out for 10 months. I guess i was mistaken with 7-8 when its actually 6.5 months so far, but how does one play a game with the same content for 10 months? I dont even see how people can defend this cause even a casual will finish the content in 3-4 months. 6months tops.

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 10:57 PM ----------

I hate calling anything a WoW killer cause honestly the game is destroying itself slowly. I thought blizzard learned after ICC but 6.5 months so far and atleast another 2-3 months more for MoP(AT THE LEAST)
    Well actually your right. It is closer to 7 months now, then 6 months. I also agree that this long w/o any content is kinda BS, and I'm actually a huge blizzard fan. I absolutely love wow. But I just don't understand why a game can't have more content more regularly, when RIFT get's new content so regularly. CMON Blizz, I'm bored. Give me something to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You've got to be fucking kidding me. Didn't they just close a thread like this recently?

Seven plus two does not equal twelve.

/Collapses in despair.
    Where do you get 7+2 from? You really think its going to be released in 2 months? lol.. beta hasnt even closed, nor has a release date been announced. Stop dreaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurflord View Post
    It's been 6 months.
    Release date (US) 2011-11-29

http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_4.3.0

It's been 6 months and 20 days since Dragon Soul was launched. In 1 month and 10 days, Dragon Soul will have had bosses last each longer then 1 month each, as opposed to ICC, where 12(ICC)+1(RS) lasted 12 months, so less then 1 month per boss.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-06-17 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I am bored of Dragonsoul, I would much much much much rather stay in it a few more months than delay Mists further to bring us some filler raid.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

so what if the patch has been out for 6 months, do you have all the achievements in the game? no? then there is still plenty to do. or just cancel your subscription untill MoP hits.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMeringue View Post
    .... and those who were duped into the annual pass.
    Just this one fragment of sentence enables us to totally ignore anything you say, as you have equated having an annual pass with fanbois and idiots.

It depends what you call content tbh. For some content consists only of the endgame raid. A few of you. For the majority of players it is a massive game, 4 continents of stuff to do, new classes to try and level, new professions to level, old raids to solo - a world of stuff to do - not a couple of hours a few nights of the week killing the same bosses to get gear in order to kill those few bosses faster. If you really are stuck in such a tiny game, why not buy a sp game and leave wow? It is wasted on you and your sort

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    OP: have you been paying any attention to the main page for the last couple of months? MoP beta has been flying by. It's going to be out pretty soon.
    No its not - who wants an expansion with no raids and a starting area not avail yet? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    Maybe it IS a bit long time without any new content, but hey, at least the content we have now is a very interesting raid instance with many interesting bosses and mechanics, and super nice surroundings + 3 super interesting 5-man instances, that you just wanna do over and over again, due to their amazingly fun fights!
    Omg, I know what you mean! Getting plopped into that room with that boss just sitting there just waiting for me to attack it! My heart was racing!

Then running around the boss defeating the mighty skittles all the while that monstrosity was just waiting there - the sense of dread and foreboding was terrifying!

Then we had a picnic while the boss watched us - the horror! I was shaking so badly I could barely set up my portal and soulwell.

And then the unimaginable - doing it again with tentacles!