Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Yep, about six and a half, technically. If MoP is out when it's expected (2-4 months), it'll be significantly shorter than ICC's life and only slightly longer than SWP's.
    And how many months is that per boss? Makes cataclysm look like shit.

I understand the lack of work put into Ruby Sanctum.. but it had story to it.. I mean it could be considered an event leading into DS... just.. in a raid..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't "mind" per se, because I just don't keep subscribing when there's nothing to do, currently I am not paying or playing.
    It's obvious the half price year subscription was to cover their asses for this.

It is just Business to Blizz. If they had new exciting WoW content, there would be fewer Diablo Customers. I am currently debating buying Diablo III just because I am so bored with WoW. Once Diablo has worn off a bit and their sales go down is when you can expect to see wow. There is no reason to give more content to WoW.
    Those customers that pledged to wow for a year now have Diablo to keep them busy. Those that did not, WoW wants them to buy something and not give them more free patches.
    It is a business model, and in some ways, a smart one. Blizz would be pretty freaking stupid to roll out Diablo and a WoW patch/expansion in the same period. They would just compete with each other. This way, Blizz maximizes profits.
    If you don't like it, stop paying. As long as people pay, Blizz is doing it right.

Deleted
    dragon soul is terrible! my guild downed dw heroic once and couldnt summon the strength to do it again. thus leading to 4 people out of our 10 man to quit until mop release...leaving us 6 with sad faces wtb mop already or something to do sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that Pandaria will be out before the annual pass ends. That way people who are still playing because of the annual pass will be tempted to buy Pandaria so they have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    It is just Business to Blizz. If they had new exciting WoW content, there would be fewer Diablo Customers. I am currently debating buying Diablo III just because I am so bored with WoW. Once Diablo has worn off a bit and their sales go down is when you can expect to see wow. There is no reason to give more content to WoW.
    Those customers that pledged to wow for a year now have Diablo to keep them busy. Those that did not, WoW wants them to buy something and not give them more free patches.
    It is a business model, and in some ways, a smart one. Blizz would be pretty freaking stupid to roll out Diablo and a WoW patch/expansion in the same period. They would just compete with each other. This way, Blizz maximizes profits.
    If you don't like it, stop paying. As long as people pay, Blizz is doing it right.
    yeah... losing 2 million customers in the past 1.5 years... Blizz is doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    It depends what you call content tbh. For some content consists only of the endgame raid. A few of you. For the majority of players it is a massive game, 4 continents of stuff to do, new classes to try and level, new professions to level, old raids to solo - a world of stuff to do - not a couple of hours a few nights of the week killing the same bosses to get gear in order to kill those few bosses faster. If you really are stuck in such a tiny game, why not buy a sp game and leave wow? It is wasted on you and your sort
    I respect your opinion but people who have played this game for 6+ years have done everything. And that still doesnt justify having 7+ months on no content whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    And then the unimaginable - doing it again with tentacles!
    It could have been worse, you could have been a japanese schoolgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    doubt it. I doubt MoP will impact on GW2 at all, but GW2 may impact on MoP. The fact that GW2 is no sub is a huge advantage.

But if I was Bliz I'd be more scared of Rift:Storm Legion, thats shown what Trion can do, a huge expansion trippling the size of the game with epic new content, and that will come out before the end of the year, and there are still 2 large content patches before then......

Compare that to Bliz releasing very little content for months and months (possibly 8months to a year) before an expansion....

Whether you like Rift or not, that does not matter, what does is that a small dev can put out rapid content updates, whilst working on a huge expansion, whilst Bliz with its massive income cant put of a decent patch cycle let alone produce an expansion at the same time. If I was Bliz I'd be getting worried that other devs are just showing them up, and more and more players are asking the question...just what does your sub to Bliz pay for?

MoP may be great, it may make up for cata, but Bliz need to pump out content faster through the patch cycle. 3-4months with no content releases is far too long, bliz pushes it closer to a year......its just not acceptable.
    I don't see why any company would ever be afraid of anything that markets itself as a copy. Thats like saying Coca Cola should be afraid of the Wal-mart brand cola. Rift may be a fine game, but when it markets itself as being just like wow (which is exactly what almost all the adds indicated at launch) it doesn't really have a chance to match the original. And yeah, I am aware of rift's numerous differences from WoW, but the issue is that they market them selves as a [improved] wow clone and that is how they are seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    And how many months is that per boss? Makes cataclysm look like shit.
    What an exceptionally terrible way to measure anything but quantity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    OP: have you been paying any attention to the main page for the last couple of months? MoP beta has been flying by. It's going to be out pretty soon.
    Flying by? how many months ago was it it was launched and we only just got to unlock level 90..

because having mastered the wow editor is hard, because making new content requiers devs and wow does not bring enough money you know...

If people would stop paying once there is nothing left to do maybe we would have nice things.

5.0 is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    So its been a good 7-8 months of dragon soul and i dont see MoP coming out for at least another 2-3 months.
    Other have said this but I will again point out, 6.5 months.

Now on to other things, I think we will see 5.0 on the PTR by the end of the month, then on live by mid July. We will probably get 5 -6 weeks of that then MoP will go live. So I don't think we need a filler anything. Cata has been short and I am happy to see it sail off into the dust bin of history. MoP looks amazing, what I have been doing in the beta so far is just awesome. I think it will really reinvigorate the player base.

This will be quite possibly be the longest beta by a very far margin as far as I can see. Blizzard has yet in WoW's history added this many new game systems into one expansion. We've got scenarios, the pet battle system, and challenge modes, all of which have not been tested very thoroughly yet (especially the pet battle system).

In BC they introduced the Arena system, and even then it was usable minus the rankings towards the end of vanilla. They also introduced daily quests, which IIRC weren't introduced until 2.1.

In Wotlk they introduced phasing, which was pretty much the bulk of their testing load.

And Cata re-vamped all of Azeroth.

So for each expansion they really only introduced 1 big thing outside of "new content, new world," that we get in every expansion anyways. I could forsee a very late September release for MoP because of this.

Deleted
    MoP is out soon, the beta has gone far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    So its been a good 7-8 months of dragon soul and i dont see MoP coming out for at least another 2-3 months.

I thought they addressed the issue of leaving content patches out for too long with ICC? Didnt they say it will never happen again? of course ICC was out longer but the way this is going i feel like we are heading to the same direction.

Why is there 0 new content out? Im sure someones going to try and justify this but whatever. Lets hear your opinions.
    My opinion is that you need to learn what a fallacy is.
    Just because something isn't our right now, does not mean it will last another 6 months. There is no release date, stop acting like you know what is going on at blizzard.

I would rather wait a year and get a great game than wait 6 months and get a rushed or unfinished game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    In a holding pattern to take the wind out of GW2's release. Guaranteed to either come out 2 months before or a month after GW2.
    Pretty much this. So far every major patch was launched to counter any of those named "WoW Killers".

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Pretty much this. So far every major patch was launched to counter any of those named "WoW Killers".
    I think MoP will come out before GW2 or around the same time, honestly. People are speculating GW2 to come out probably in September/November. I would speculate MoP to launch in August, or September at the latest.