Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

No new content for 1 year?

So its been a good 7-8 months of dragon soul and i dont see MoP coming out for at least another 2-3 months.

I thought they addressed the issue of leaving content patches out for too long with ICC? Didnt they say it will never happen again? of course ICC was out longer but the way this is going i feel like we are heading to the same direction.

Why is there 0 new content out? Im sure someones going to try and justify this but whatever. Lets hear your opinions.

It's been 6 months.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're on the US servers, might I suggest posting there?

Otherwise you'll only get what you asked for, opinions and no factual responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurflord View Post
    It's been 6 months.
    Yep, about six and a half, technically. If MoP is out when it's expected (2-4 months), it'll be significantly shorter than ICC's life and only slightly longer than SWP's.

It's been out around 6.5 months now and I think the reason they haven't put anything new out is because it would delay MoP. By the time it does come out we would have been in DS for about 9 months which makes me happy my guild is on a raiding break because I couldn't face doing DS for that long. Either way, im just PvPing until MoP hits because it's something I haven't really done this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    We do not need a filler raid like Ruby Sanctum
    MoP is not even that far off, not to mention 5.0 keeping us occupied.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    So its been a good 7-8 months of dragon soul and i dont see MoP coming out for at least another 2-3 months.

I thought they addressed the issue of leaving content patches out for too long with ICC? Didnt they say it will never happen again? of course ICC was out longer but the way this is going i feel like we are heading to the same direction.

Why is there 0 new content out? Im sure someones going to try and justify this but whatever. Lets hear your opinions.
    Have you been living under a rock for the past 3 months? MoP will more than likely be launching in a couple of months, why would they drop what they're doing to put out some lame ass raid for the likes of you?!

How about doing a little research before throwing a temper tantrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    We do not need a filler raid like Ruby Sanctum
    MoP is not even that far off, not to mention 5.0 keeping us occupied.
    I agree with this, but they did say 5.0 probably wouldn't be coming out until MoP was right around the corner so even so that's a long time with no updates.

I really think MoP will be out in August which is only 2 months away. If that is true we will probably see the MoP pre - patch with all the new talents and the world event in about a month or so.

DS is only out for 6 months and honestly that isn't bad at all. ICC was out for literally 12 months before Cata.

I'd rather have had ICC for a year than DS for 9-10 months or whatever it ends up being.

ICC had a lot of replayability, more bosses, more epic fights, more interesting story, better artwork, better music.(some are subjective)
    DS has none of this.

edit: plus we also had ruby sanctum as a bonus

OP: have you been paying any attention to the main page for the last couple of months? MoP beta has been flying by. It's going to be out pretty soon.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    It's funny isn't it, if a different game were to do this they would be hung, drawn and quartered by their player-base, but hey, this is blizzard, consider yourself lucky that you're getting any content this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    If you're on the US servers, might I suggest posting there?

Otherwise you'll only get what you asked for, opinions and no factual responses.
    But m8, why did you spell SAVIOR wrong!!?!?

on topic:

I was kind of expecting that to happen. With Diablo 3 being launched I also do not expect them to have any other "small" raid similar to Ruby Sanctum before the actual MoP event patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Yep, about six and a half, technically. If MoP is out when it's expected (2-4 months), it'll be significantly shorter than ICC's life and only slightly longer than SWP's.
    Technically, LK was out for 10 months. You couldn't kill LK until mid feb, months after ICC was out.

They need a mini-raid that drops a can-opener trinket that can be used to lift plates on Spine...

In a holding pattern to take the wind out of GW2's release. Guaranteed to either come out 2 months before or a month after GW2.

Because time, matter, and information are only infinite on cosmological scales. And even that is only theoretical.

Maybe it IS a bit long time without any new content, but hey, at least the content we have now is a very interesting raid instance with many interesting bosses and mechanics, and super nice surroundings + 3 super interesting 5-man instances, that you just wanna do over and over again, due to their amazingly fun fights!

Patch 4.3 (Dragon Soul) went live on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 ... 6 months ago. Not 7-8.

Here is a compilation of some information and patterns from previous expansion releases, from which we can try to guess a probable release date:

Beta start date to release:

Burning Crusade closed Beta started in early October 2006, and it was released 3 months later, on January 16, 2007.
    Wrath of the Lich King started its closed Beta on July 17th, 2008. It was released on November 13, 2008: 4 months later.
    Cataclysm Beta testing began at the very end of June, 2010. It was released on December 7th, 2010-- 5 months later.

Mist of Pandaria Beta started March 20th, 2012. 4 or 5 months from the beginning of the Beta would put us at July or August for a release date. A 6 month gap would make it the longest Beta, but that is not impossible-- it has broken the mold somewhat by skipping the F&F Alpha, and we may see a slightly longer Beta as a result (Beta durations have also been increasing, but Mists has far less questing content to test than Cataclysm). This would put the release date some time in September, possibly October at the very latest (Cataclysm F&F Alpha was 1 1/2 months, Wrath was about 2 months), if and only if the AP Beta testers took the place of the F&F Alpha testers.

Announcement Date to release:

Burning Crusade's January release date was announced on November 9th, 2 months prior to release.
    Wrath of the Lich King's November release date was announced on September 15th, 2 months before release.
    Cataclysm's December 7th release date was announced in early October-- also 2 months prior to its release.

This probably means that a July release is off the table, and that, for an August release, we need to see an announcement within the next 2 weeks. If June goes by with no release date announced, we're probably looking at a September launch.

PTR x.0.1 testing:

There has been indication that 5.0.1 is being prepped for the PTR.

Cataclysm's 4.0.1 patch and Wrath of the Lich King's 3.0.1 patch both went live on the PTR 2-2.5 months before the expansions themselves went live. It's possible that we will see the 5.0.1 PTR before we get an official release date-- if we do, we can probably extrapolate that a release date announcement will follow within a week or two, and that launch will be 2 months after.

If 5.0.1 is nearly PTR ready, then Mists is probably 2-3 months from launch.

Brewfest:

Brewfest adds an interesting complication to predictions. There are updated Brewfest items in the Beta files, implying that Mists will release in time for Brewfest-- or, at the very least, that Blizzard is acknowledging that a pre-Brewfest release date is/was a distinct possibility/intention as of May 15th, 2012.

Brewfest this year begins on September 20th-- assuming Mists will come out in time for Brewfest means that we can scrap all predicted dates that occur after September 20th.

In conclusion:

Since we have neither a release date nor a 5.0.1 PTR, Mists is most likely at least 2 months away from launch, probably more like 2 1/2-3 months. This puts us at a probable late August-through-mid September release window as the most likely release window, with early October as a possible (but less likely) release date. Potential release dates are an optimistic August 21st or 28th, a realistic September 4th, 11th, or 18th, and a pessimistic September 25th, October 2nd or October 9th.
    Taking Brewfest into account, August 21st through September 18th are the release dates that would be in time for the holiday.
    Personally, my money is on a release date of either 8/28, 9/4, or 9/11.

Here's an article from WoWInsider that contains/confirms some of the information I've posted here, and supports/matches my own prediction.
    As it says in the article, we can guess and predict all we want, but we can't ever know with 100% certainty until the date is officially announced.

This means that Mists should most likely release in late August or early September, 9-10 months after the release of Dragon Soul-- not 12 months later like Cata was to ICC. Even an early October release (the "late" window of my prediction) would be about 2 months shorter than the gap between ICC and Cata.

Implementing additional content would likely delay the release of Mists, rather than allowing the development team to focus on the expansion, and would then put us into that 12-month gap that they said they don't want a repeat of.

This is all not to mention that we should see the 5.0 pre-expansion patch at least 2 weeks before the expansion itself goes live, bringing with it a mass of class and talent changes, along with the Theramore scenario. There's some content right there.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-06-17 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    Maybe it IS a bit long time without any new content, but hey, at least the content we have now is a very interesting raid instance with many interesting bosses and mechanics, and super nice surroundings + 3 super interesting 5-man instances, that you just wanna do over and over again, due to their amazingly fun fights!
    <snip>

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't post meme images.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-06-17 at 10:55 PM.