10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

How to get through inferno as wizard

Hey everyone.

I'm pretty much stuck at act 2, like most people. Normal mobs there kill me with like 3 hits. I don't want to even talk about yellow/blue mobs. I try to kite them but they always have something to stop me from doing it effectively; either they're fast, have teleport, put up walls, etc. I use Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell, Mirror image with Duplicates, Teleport with Fracture and Energy Armor with Prismatic Armor. My passives are: Blur, Astral Presence and Evocation.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Tried every single build and they still don't work for specific things, like molten jailers. There's absolutely nothing i can do when they're shooting 90% of the time and trap me every 5 secs. Sure, i can get out of it once with teleport, but besides that there's nothing to save me. Diamond skin might get me through one of those mortars while i'm trapped but they usually target the same place with more than one. Mortars also ignore mirror images completely. Besides that, this specific combo of mob is molten and something else which i honestly didn't notice because the other 3 were enough to kill me in 15 secs tops every time.

I don't usually have any trouble with Molten + Jailer. Use Venom Hydra from as far as you can to DPS them while outranging both jailing and mortar and keep them off screen. Terrain is also great to use to your advantage while kiting, just try to keep the mobs behind a corner. Don't waste teleport on escaping jails unless you absolutely have to, use Wormholed Teleport to keep a lot of distance to the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used a melee build based around Critical Mass, Diamond Skin, Frost Nova and Metoer with Star Pact Rune to work really well in Inferno, especially Act 2+ where white mobs would do real damage. The build made normal mobs a joke and most blue/yellows to be equally easy, to the point where I can completely ignore eletrified/plague/reflects damage/vortex/fast/horde/teleporter aphixes. Molten is okay if the mobs weren't swarming around me and the only aphix that can give me trouble is mortar+ranged mob or bullshit aphixes like desecrate+vortex or arcane+nightmarish etc.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XOg!agb!aZZacZ

The key is to use Meteor with Star Pact to be able to spam it and use the aoe ticks to proc the hell out of Critical Mass. With enough mobs you can easily keep Frost Nova and Diamond Skin up 100% of the time. Swap out Time Warp for Venom Hydra when solo.

The build also works amazingly well in groups. You can tank anything easily and provide 100% uptime Slow Time with the +20% damage rune for you and your group.

Aim for 500 Life on Hit to start, stack intel, vitality to 25-30k, resists and ~20% crit.

EDIT:
    Scrath that ^

Looks like the new patch will be changing the Star Pact rune to make Meteor deal Arcane damage instead of reducing the AP cost.

Good to see melee is being fixed. I don't even think discussing changes like this are worth while. I just don't know why Blizzard would make 1/3 of Wizard abilities melee and then make sure that melee wasn't viable? What a waste of time. No wonder it took them 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Looks like the new patch will be changing the Star Pact rune to make Meteor deal Arcane damage instead of reducing the AP cost.
    Dont worry it will do both.
    From DiabloFans patch datamine:

DiabloWiki.com - Wizard: Meteor
    Star Pact : Now also changes the damage type to Arcane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    Dont worry it will do both.
    From DiabloFans patch datamine:

DiabloWiki.com - Wizard: Meteor
    Star Pact : Now also changes the damage type to Arcane
    In that case: awesome!

stack up your damage, dont forget to use your blink skill. it helps