Diablo 3 - Ranged Barbarian Build, Witch Doctor Inferno Guide, Demon Hunter DPS Calculator Spreadsheet, Unidentified Items and Patch 1.1
Valor Point Item Upgrades
In Mists of Pandaria, Valor Points can be used to upgrade your gear. This feature is not in the game yet and not intended to be previewed at this time. All of the numbers used here are fake (except the item level 375 requirement) and for demonstration purposes only.
- The minimum item level to upgrade gear is 375.
- The left side shows the gear item level (500) and the player's item level (489).
- The right side shows the increase in item level, and the new item level (525) and player's item level (491).
- Right now all stats are upgraded, you can see the increase in individual stats on the right side (+35) and the new stat amount (255).
- This example only shows one stat, but in the final product all of the stats on an item will be increased.
- Each item has a limited number of times it can be upgraded, which is shown at the top right (2/3), with the upgrade cost directly above it (300).
Mists of Pandaria Music Update
The previous beta build added even more music!
South Korea Bans Botting
The South Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism is preparing a new law that will outlaw virtual item trades and farming items for commercial use in games. This new law is supposed to encourage students to avoid wasting time and improve the environment of games. The law prohibits players from using software that allows characters to farm items in a game without the need for a human to be playing.
The article in The Korea Times doesn't make it very clear, but this ban may also impact Arcade games that sell something you have to physically go and purchase to redeem for an item in game.
The Ministry claims that the "main purpose of the games is for entertainment and should be used for academic and other good purposes", which doesn't include farming items for money! They also mentioned that virtual item trades contribute to many problems in society, including teenage crime. The police department is supposed to enforce this law which has a maximum punishment of a $43,000 USD fine and up to five years in prison.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
The MMO Report is back with a special E3 episode!