Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade1182 View Post
    I'd have thought it would have some easy ways to go about it. Such as y'know, asking Blizzard to share the list of players banned on the Asian servers for botting.
    Yes, there is that obvious route. But Blizzard depends a lot on other players reporting the bad behavior and taking a long time to investigate, and who is to say Blizzard Entertainment has been provided truthful account information by the account holder? It just seems to me that they (the violators) could claim it was not them at the time. Does the law compel them to provide the wrong-doers?

It's a bit of a nice idea, but has some practical issues.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Signing up for a game account in South Korea requires you to input your social security number. Won't be that hard to find the law breakers.

900 valor points to upgrade one item? So that's like over 10,000 valor points to upgrade all your gear.... I'm guessing valor points are gonna start dropping like candy in Mist of Pandaria.

You don't necessarily need truthful account information when they have your IP address. They can contact your ISP and get your information in a pretty similar fashion to all the media giants sending out law suit threats to file sharing website users. They'd know who owned the connection one way or another.

While I can't speak for South Korean law, I find it hard to believe that with laws against botting they wouldn't have laws similar to the ones passed in the UK compelling companies to aid in investigations or even more recently relating to ISPs, to aid companies find out who illegally downloaded their copyrighted material.

They could easily claim it wasn't them but then the issue of account sharing being forbidden could come into play

Deleted
    This is well awesome - simply can't wait for the new items

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    900 valor points to upgrade one item? So that's like over 10,000 valor points to upgrade all your gear.... I'm guessing valor points are gonna start dropping like candy in Mist of Pandaria.
    Or it's not expected that you fully upgrade all your gear always.

From what I've gathered what Blizzard doesn't like is Valor spikes in value early in a content patch then falls off steadily. Eventually nobody's running dungeons because they don't need the gear Valor purchases. This changes the demand for Valor to be more constant. I'm sure different guilds will have varying expectations from their players.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great. One MORE thing for raiding guilds to require for their raiders and new members.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really tell if I like this idea or not.

In a good way, there are more means to use VP. Using DS as example, and assuming I didn't carry forward T12 HC gear. I would start by buying the cloak and relic (BiS as no drops in DS), then rings x2 (random rings drops are awesome chances), then after that, may be neck/bracer/boots, however that will depends if raid drops being nice to me, I was lucky to get raid drop boots and bracer rather quickly so didn't have to waste time to buy those. And I will be getting tier from raids so wouldn't buy any of the pieces with VP, so, I am already done with VP. The new VP usage will give us more use for VP before you see bracers boots and other future VP BoE being flooded everywhere.

However use can also be limited. From what we see, 1 items can upgrade 2-3 times (and possible that each item varies), however, would you really upgrade a LFR piece? I know I wouldn't, normal piece? If it is something I am likely to use for a LONG time (belt from Spine for example, lasted me long time before we killed Spine HC), then may be, otherwise, unless it is HC raid gear, I probably won't bother upgrading (pretty much how I treat epic gems). And if many people do the same, then the issue pretty much isn't solved in anyway at all as all the HC raiders will just save up enough VP for when they do get a HC raid drop to upgrade it to max.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Gotta love how some people always misses the "All of the numbers used here are fake and for demonstration purposes only." bit...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    This feature is going to be a nightmare for addons-websites
    But I like the idea !

Perhaps some DS items will be worth upgrading (Cunning of the cruel ?) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard explained before why this was going to happen: imagine you do a full run of the current raid instance on week, and you get absolutely no gear, you can always upgrade your old gear. It's not supposed to be exactly as strong as a new item, but its something..

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it means that if I get LFR and upgrade it twice, it will be better than normal who has not upgraded at all.

Oh boy, a new grind feature.

Why not add actual bosses to upgrade your gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by FishHead View Post
    Oh boy, a new grind feature.

Why not add actual bosses to upgrade your gear?
    Because they are doing so AS WELL?!
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dust 514 PS3 only? I am disappoint.... Planetside 2 looks promising though.

wouldn't you just be expected to upgrade your raid gear to max lvl as soon as you get it or will there be some sort an upgrade lock on current gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    upgrading the item seems to be a good way to extend the life/usefulness of an item if rng is not helping, what would make the most sense is if the higher ilvl items have a higher number of times they can be upgraded so that way there isn't too much overlap with new content drops. Gear dropping from boss kills is probably the best way to obtain "stepping stone" loot. ***incoming tangent***I wish loot mattered less though, good players just play differently, give the player a tool to use during the fight that when used correctly will provide an 50% survival rate where the remaining 50% is split 30/20 respectively, between player positioning/ coordinated movement and gear . so that way if you didn't get the best optimized set its ok because you have a clear grasp on the fight mechanics, which more important anyway.

Wouldn't using bots to farm be the opposite of wasting the korean students time? I mean instead of doing it by hand.

Deleted
    Botting sucks and helps to ruin the economy in a game for normal players but a better game design would prevent or not benefit from massive grinding like Diablo 3 does.

Five years in prison is ridiculous for something as petty as this though, I can't believe Joe Bloggs running a herbing bot in WoW would be sent to prison under this law, people get less time for physically hurting others or robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannekaker View Post
    I sort of hope not, they would kinda lose their legendarity if you could simply upgrade them. :P

So what is legendary about a weapon that sits in your bag / bank and no one ever gets to see it unless you are running around a City with it on?

Legionaries should be able to get upgraded.