Diablo duo tactic/info please

We (a wizard and a barbarian) have finally reached Diablo but cant bring that MF down, well he/she is doable but the damn shades of ourselves just keep raping us. It's not even possible for me (the wizard) to teleport away or anything when they spawn, they just pop up and oneshot me immediately.
    I am sitting on 53k dps, 27k HP, ~300 res and Force Armor but doesn't make me survive their first initial spawn-oneshot-attack, I'm getting oneshotted from nothing. My barbarian friend could atleast survive a couple of hits or so in 40k+ HP, 800-900 res, 9k armor and 1.2k LoH, but also had hell to stay alive vs them.

Note: I've been running on low res since forever without any major issues as everything, except a few teleport/charge-oneshot-lol mobs, is avoidable by just using teleport in a decent way and always keep moving, but I cannot survive those damn shades.

Anyone got any good tactic for 2man Diablo, preferably wiz/barb combo? Any advices or perhaps something that can give us an idea how to handle it?
    Or is it just a matter of us being undergeared and more 5NV-SB runs needed before we can stand toe to toe with our copies? :/

Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    We (a wizard and a barbarian) have finally reached Diablo but cant bring that MF down, well he/she is doable but the damn shades of ourselves just keep raping us. It's not even possible for me (the wizard) to teleport away or anything when they spawn, they just pop up and oneshot me immediately.
    I am sitting on 53k dps, 27k HP, ~300 res and Force Armor but doesn't make me survive their first initial spawn-oneshot-attack, I'm getting oneshotted from nothing. My barbarian friend could atleast survive a couple of hits or so in 40k+ HP, 800-900 res, 9k armor and 1.2k LoH, but also had hell to stay alive vs them.

Note: I've been running on low res since forever without any major issues as everything, except a few teleport/charge-oneshot-lol mobs, is avoidable by just using teleport in a decent way and always keep moving, but I cannot survive those damn shades.

Anyone got any good tactic for 2man Diablo, preferably wiz/barb combo? Any advices or perhaps something that can give us an idea how to handle it?
    Or is it just a matter of us being undergeared and more 5NV-SB runs needed before we can stand toe to toe with our copies? :/

Thanx!
    Note that I have not killed Diablo inferno yet, only tried a few times on my WD. Now I'm playing my Wizard with considerably better gear, but with no Diablo attempts.

How about preemptive mirror image? That might possibly give you the time to nuke the clone down in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaidan View Post
    How about preemptive mirror image? That might possibly give you the time to nuke the clone down in time?
    Not a bad idea at all, I've never actually used the Mirror Images, I'm a Teleport+Fracture freak to help me dodge stuff... but perhaps the Mirror Images have a better "taunt" than my Fracture? By running these I assume using the rune making 5 images and trying to time it so they are up before each shade-spawn?

Does he spawn the shades at specific life-percentage or is it extremely hard to anticipate when they will come? First spawn is usually right off the bat, but after that it might be tricky to know when next pack is coming?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It`s probably mostly gear.

One advice I could give is to fight the clones around where you spawn at shadowphase start, such that he can easily cover you and you can fire away without much concern. The clones also spawn in a predictable place if you are in that area.

If you want troll-tactic, you can get "creative" and set up a dying/ress rotation such that you only have to handle 1 clone at a time, and try to just run the hell away from it until it despawns. Clones only spawn from party members that are alive, so by having someone dead and already ressed (but not accepted ress) you can "skip" some clones. However, ressing isn`t very reliable (especially in 2 man) and this method takes ages to set up, making it very frustrating. It`s also a cheap tactic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    he spawns shades at 66 and 33% hp ish

Thanks for the replies, I actually didnt know the copies would despawn eventually... perhaps it's viable to just run around like a little girl (until the shades despawn) while having the hydra in the middle doing all the work (well, basically like every none-white-mob is killed)!

Teleport with Wormhole, push down the button and you teleport 3-4 times. That's how I dodged it. Then just use hydra and seeker / arcane orb to bring it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Not a bad idea at all, I've never actually used the Mirror Images, I'm a Teleport+Fracture freak to help me dodge stuff... but perhaps the Mirror Images have a better "taunt" than my Fracture? By running these I assume using the rune making 5 images and trying to time it so they are up before each shade-spawn?
    Mirror Images are nearly obligatory for Diablo anyway since you have no way of surviving the DoT debuff in the shadow realm without them. (Mirror Images remove any debuff on you.) IIRC pre-emptive Mirror Images didn't seem to work for me but if I dropped them right the second the clone spawned they did distract them.

I've killed Diablo with similar gear with my barbarian mate and I used Mirror Images and Teleport with Wormhole. I also did it solo and while running solo I take care of the shadow clone by simply teleporting with Wormhole - the clone disappears on its own after a while (not sure if this happens in multiplayer though). One Fracture teleport isn't enough since then my clone will just teleport behind me and nuke me. I used Diamond Skin, Magic Weapon, (Venom) Hydra and Ray of Frost as the other skills. With the clones my barbarian mate tried to get some of his stun in on them while we nuked the wizard clone first ASAP with RoF + his DPS/survival cooldowns.

I had similar gear but it was a huge problem with his fire attacks and I just ended up buying some All Res + Fire Res gear off the auction house, dropping my damage quite a bit but not getting constantly instakilled.

Does he spawn the shades at specific life-percentage or is it extremely hard to anticipate when they will come? First spawn is usually right off the bat, but after that it might be tricky to know when next pack is coming?
    It's specific percentages but it's not entirely exact as he seems to get "delayed" on it if he's for example doing his cage move at the same time when you hit the right percentage and you're nuking at the same time.

When I killed it with my barb mate we would wait until the barbarian's cooldowns were ready as we would have approximately zero chance with the clones otherwise. My mate did complain that the skills he picked made him nearly useless against Diablo himself so his role outside clone killing ended up being a rezbot for the glass cannon wizard but it was still much easier that way than soloing.

Deleted
    He spawns shades at 3 points, in the start of the phase, then the second time when his HP reaches the "I" in DIABLO (writing caps cuz names are all in caps on D3), and the third and the last time when his hp touches the right side of the "D" in SHADOW (full name SHAD-OW OF DI-ABLO), so when the HP is around where the dashes is, then you want to make sure you have CDs ready to burst down / survive the shadow clones.

GL

Thanx guys, lots of useful info that I kinda missed! We'll give him another crack in the weekend then and see if it works!