Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The Geeks need help?! Why what's wrong with the Geeks? What happened?!

SOMEONE HELP THEM!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Chemistry always had the most fun practicals though. Both my parents studied physics and maths at university, so i guess that's genetic to. What do you plan on doing next year, i assume you'll be heading to uni yourself.
    Yup, got an offer from the top london university which I'm pray I'll meet. They only wanted AAA which is really low considering the place, but it is to do Chemistry and lets be honest, I guess they weren't flooded with applications.

I only needed a mid B in chemistry, high B in biology and low B in maths to meet that offer due to last years exams, and I'm pretty sure I'll meet the Chem and Bio one but the maths papers this year have been hideously hard so I'm obviously terrified so been doing about 12 hours a day since the first maths exam (had one super early, 31st May) and before that I was doing about 9 hours a day since study leave a week earlier. Been doing a constant stream of revision since February when I got the offer though as I wasn't expecting to recieve it as my self confidence is super low and always has been (my GCSE's were a disaster, I literally did 0 revision and came out with A* 2A 6B and a C and thoroughly regret it). Here's hoping...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yup, got an offer from the top london university which I'm pray I'll meet. They only wanted AAA which is really low considering the place, but it is to do Chemistry and lets be honest, I guess they weren't flooded with applications.

I only needed a mid B in chemistry, high B in biology and low B in maths to meet that offer due to last years exams, and I'm pretty sure I'll meet the Chem and Bio one but the maths papers this year have been hideously hard so I'm obviously terrified so been doing about 12 hours a day since the first maths exam (had one super early, 31st May) and before that I was doing about 9 hours a day since study leave a week earlier. Been doing a constant stream of revision since February when I got the offer though as I wasn't expecting to recieve it as my self confidence is super low and always has been (my GCSE's were a disaster, I literally did 0 revision and came out with A* 2A 6B and a C and thoroughly regret it). Here's hoping...
    GCSE's mean shit. I left school with CC double award science, I was very lazy at school. I worked hard after I left and now have a Doctorate, hard work beats being a lazy cheat anyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

good luck.

the only subjects i have trouble with is if it requires some in-depth analasis of something (think of studying your mother-tounge, and all that) or politics, for the live of me i can't figure those things out.. i have an easy time on maths, chem, phys and bio.. and i really hate those subjects and want nothing to do with them after i'm done in school

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    GCSE's mean shit. I left school with CC double award science, I was very lazy at school. I worked hard after I left and now have a Doctorate, hard work beats being a lazy cheat anyday.
    Agreed, but I have a brain that remembers everything and anything and by that it includes emotions to a ridiculous level, so instead of remembering events I rather remember the emotion first (I've been told I'm very strange for this but I chose chemistry so I already knew that). So every time I go to sit an exam I remember the disappointment that was my GCSE's which was completely self inflicted.

I was told that with my GCSE's, was I sure I wanted to do sciences at A level and then apply to Imperial, and lo and behold I got an offer. The shock on my teachers faces when they found out was almost as brilliant as recieveing the email informing me I had got the offer.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Ye i know all about disappointing GCSE's! Hell my AS levels were so low, i redid all the exams during my A2 year and came out with A in bio, A in maths, B in physics and C in chem. Put the effort in and you'll succeed. I went to loughborough Uni, would have loved to go to Imperial in london, but they only accepted AAA But within 5 years of graduation it no longer really matters where you went in terms of job prospects, it only makes a difference while you are there and when you look for your first graduate job.
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    You must be very proud of yourself!

If normal to cheat on some courses,which you're not really good at,or don't have time to study for.
    How can you not have time? Make time instead of slacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post17078584

Her response there still applies here.